• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,138 • Replies: 51
No top replies

suzy

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 07:44 am
Yikes! A lot of issues there.
I don't have any helpful advice. It seems that you are always looking for something else and maybe never satisfied with what you've already got?
0 Replies

mutityahoo

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 08:00 am
I THINK THATS VERY TRUE. MY WIFE SAYS IM A COMITTMENT PHOBE.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 08:05 am
mutityahoo- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

Quote:
I JUST HAVE SO MUCH IN COMMON PLUS ALSO I WONT HAVE THE responsibilty OF LOOKING AFTER THE KIDS AS MUCH.

So, you want to leave your wife for a younger, slimmer woman, and leave the responsibility of the kids to your wife 100%?

Sure, you have so much in common with the other woman. You can talk and chat, and not worry when the toilet backs up, or the kids have colds. All the fun, and none of the responsibility.

It sounds to me that you have issues with YOURSELF that needs to be dealt with, before you make any decision that would be irrevocable. If the counselor and psychologist did not help you, find another one that will.

Oh, by the way, please do not write all in capitals. On the internet, that is perceived as shouting, and is considered very rude.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 08:25 am
I say leave your wife, Matt.

She deserves better.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 09:42 am
I'm with Gus.

Matt, I don't normally suggest this to people who come here, but get a divorce. You're being completely unfair to your wife and children. Oh, and by the way, don't expect to keep your home or custody of your kids. Then again, you don't seem to care about them, so that should suit you just fine. And you'll see how much your new gal loves you when you have to fork over big bucks for child support and alimony, and you don't have the kinds of possessions you do now.

Oh, and if too much time elapses with your new gal, and she perhaps gains some weight because she's had your children, are you going to have yet another affair? You're miserable in your current marriage and your wife probably is, too. The best and only option is for you to get out, but you'd best do some introspection before you go down this road again, in another decade and a half.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 09:50 am
Troll Alert! Troll Alert!I think Fred's at it again. Just my.... 2 Cents
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 09:54 am
No, that would be incorrect. Please don't try to "out" everyone in the Relationships forum. Thank you.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 10:16 am
They have names for guys like you. Unfortunatly due to the guidelines of this forum I cannot repeat them.
Your selfish and like gus said, you don't deserve your wife and kids. Leave your wife for this new woman PLEASE. It's sound like the two of you are a perfect match.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 11:26 am
You mean we can't call him names, Ceili?

Damn.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 11:40 am
jespah wrote:
No, that would be incorrect. Please don't try to "out" everyone in the Relationships forum. Thank you.

Cool your yets jespah. I'm just making an observation. Like I said, I'm just giving my 2 Cents
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 11:43 am
Yeah, but the vast majority of the people we have asking questions are sincere -- that kind of "outing" doesn't do anyone any good, and can be quite counterproductive.

Meanwhile, multiyahoo, geez. I'm generally very sympathetic to people writing in with their relationship issues, and there are admirable spots there -- good for you for taking care of the kids. But the rest of it... eek.

Live your bachelor life, and I hope you don't hurt your wife or your kids too much.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 11:44 am
I agree with the other A2K postings. You sound far more concerned that your little six-week-fling won't work out than leaving your wife and toddlers.

Some people might excuse your little fling as another mid-life crisis. I don't. Words that come to mind are "Vow-Breaker" and "Home Wrecker".

Of course you and your inamorata may have found each other because of cosmic karma. Birds of a feather....
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 12:02 pm
I think you suck.

I think your thinking sucks & I hope that when you leave, your wife takes you for everything.

How dare you say you don't want the responsibillity of the kids? Did anyone take responsibility for you when you couldn't do so for yourself?

You ought to to ashamed of the things you're saying.

You say your "new woman" is not slim, but you can appreciate her for who she is....a woman that finds another woman's husband better fitted to her than her own? You can appreciate that, but you can't appreciate Elaine for who she is: your WIFE, the mother of your children, the one who's put up with any crap you've got to give for the last 15 years.

you suck.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 12:06 pm
sozobe wrote:
Yeah, but the vast majority of the people we have asking questions are sincere -- that kind of "outing" doesn't do anyone any good, and can be quite counterproductive.

Okay, sozobe. I hear you and I won't do anymore 'outing'. I apologize as it was not my intent to anger or offend anyone.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 12:09 pm
np. :-)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 12:15 pm
Thanks, doglover.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 12:18 pm
I hope Craven's checking things out... :wink:
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 12:26 pm
OK, first thing, turn off the caps. I'm getting a headache.

You have two young children. They are your responsiblity. No matter what happens, that will remain true. When they are cute and cuddly, they are your responsibility. When they are tiring, they are your responsiblity. When they vomit on freshly-cleaned bedclothes, they are your responsibility. Running off with a new women and leaving Elaine with your children is not going to change that. So just forget the "at least I don't have the kids to worry about." You're a father. Responsibility is part of the job description. Face up to it.

Let's be honest. You know and I know that life with the new woman is going to wind up badly. Sooner or later you'll be giving her the "it's not you, it's me" speech. And you'll be right. It is you.

Tried counseling; didn't work. Tried psychology; didn't work. Tried meanless affairs; didn't work. Now you're trying A2K; won't work.

You're "completely unmotivated." Well, I wish your old uncle George could motivate you, lad, but I don't own a gun.

So for what it's worth, my advice is suck it up, accept your reponsibilities and make the best of it. Maybe that involves a split from Elaine, but if so, do it honestly and honorably.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 01:42 pm
Good advice, George; you dealt with it more level-headedly than I could.

My advice would be, as it seems impossible for you to stop it with the oink factor, to leave your wife immediately; wasting another of her minutes with you whilst you do not love her is wrong.

P.S. You disgust me.

0 Replies