OUR FRIEND HAS LEFT US

chai2

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 04:59 am
@Setanta,
Stand firm set, stand firm.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 05:17 am
Oh no! We're to meet the new stinky girl on Saturday! Oh no, oh no!
vonny

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 08:55 am
@ehBeth,
Oh - just seen this! Bella is adorable - what a gorgeous little face. How wonderful - all the luck in the world to you and Set.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 03:34 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Oh no! We're to meet the new stinky girl on Saturday! Oh no, oh no!

There's some hope...perhaps she won't like you! Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 03:42 pm
@ehBeth,
Now there's a love picture. Good to see.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 05:51 pm
@ossobuco,
How adorable is she.......

I can see her taking over more than just the bed!

0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 06:00 pm
She looks like she belongs with your pack already! Congrats !
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 08:50 pm
Little Miss Bella is going to be a project. She was a breeding girl from a hoarder. She's spent much of her life in a crate, doesn't know much about going for walks, but she apparently loves to be snuggle whenever possible. Housetraining is apparently going to be the first order of business.

Can't wait!
ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 09:08 pm
@ehBeth,
Cara bella..
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 07:41 pm
OK, so we got our new little stinky girl dog about 11:20 am, about ten hours ago. We went for a walk to a nearby park and sat in the shade. She was happy and was well-behaved when we met other dogs. She seemed to enjoy her walk, and although she didn't know the "going for a walk" etiquette, she behaved well when i made her wait on the street corner, and then hurry across the street. She is affectionate and likes to snuggle up. She keeps an eye on us, and is interested in everything. She has lived in a crate for so long, but has not been in a crate since we got her, and never will be again. She will need a little work on peeing in the house, but she has been peeing on the pee pads we put out in anticpation, and is learning that she should go outside. She now knows that she will get loving, that she will be well and regularly fed and that the people she is with now will be kind to her. She found the stairs a little daunting at first, but dealt with that, and is now learning to run upstairs! She decided that when The Girl went upstairs to the bathroom, she would go along to supervise. She figured out how to get up on the day bed in the library, and The Girl should soon post a photo of her snuggling up to me. She has learned that she like tuna salad, but perhaps feels that not enough is being handed out. All together, an auspicious beginning.
boomerang

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 07:52 pm
@Setanta,
D'awwww.

Wishing you all many happy years together.
Setanta

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 07:54 pm
@boomerang,
Thanks, Darlin' . . . The Girl should be posting pix soon . . .
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 07:56 pm
It sounds like a match made in heaven.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 07:59 pm
@Setanta,
No one should be without a doggie, Set. Toby and I are happy for you.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 08:14 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
...She is affectionate and likes to snuggle up...She has lived in a crate for so long, but has not been in a crate since we got her, and never will be again....

That brought a tear to my eye.

You guys are wonderful.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 08:18 pm
photos will be posted as soon as I find the right camera cable Evil or Very Mad

we're just in from a neighbourhood meet-and-greet. Now Bella has joined Set and Bailey upstairs in the library to see if she can mooch some leftover chicken from tonight's Thai chicken and cashew dish. She learned very quickly that I'm not the soft touch in this household Laughing
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 08:19 pm
@Setanta,
Sounds like she's fitting right in, Set, and it sounds like a very auspicious beginning, indeed. Can't wait to see some photos. I'm very happy for all of you.

WELCOME TO YOUR FAMILY, BELLA. It's going to be a whole new world of love and kindness for you now.Smile
http://www.bonniedogs.co.uk/images/welcome-home_m.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 08:20 pm
She's just zoomed downstairs to give me a little lick on the hand.

She looks a bit like a miniaturized, slightly stretched-out Cavalier.

Sweet.
firefly

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 09:09 pm
@ehBeth,
How is Bailey reacting to Bella?
ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 09:14 pm
@firefly,
He likes her.

Bailey has always been a dog-dog. As far as I can recall, he's never met a dog he didn't like - he avoids very young puppies but mostly because he knows not to react when they bite/snap/chew on him.

They've had a couple of successful walks together today and he let her stay when she snuck up on him while he was sleeping so she could do a butt-to-butt snuggle while napping.