If Adam and Eve were created perfect, how could they sin?

mailliw19

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 11:59 pm
@neologist,
In the book of Genesis it tells of a scorpion who tricks Eve into telling Adam to sin
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 12:28 pm
@mailliw19,
Have you ever been stung by a scorpian? LOL
neologist

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 12:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I was waiting for maili to post a link to that scorpion event.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 08:27 pm
Neologist wondered- "If Adam and Eve were created perfect, how could they sin?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Satan (the serpent) put poor little Evie up to it-
SATAN - "Hmm, that apple looks yummy.."
EVE - "I'm not supposed to touch it"
SATAN - "Don't be daft, if you don't have it Adam will, and then laugh at you for being a dumb little girly, you know how men are"
EVE - "I'm forbidden to have it"
SATAN - "Hmm...Your skin looks a bit dry, fresh fruit would work wonders for your complexion"
EVE - "Leave me alone!"
SATAN - "It'll just rot if left on the tree, what a waste.."
EVE - "Shut up"
SATAN - "Apples are good for teeth, you don't want yours to turn black do you?"
EVE - "Oh be quiet!"
SATAN - "You'll get scurvy without vitamin C and your gums will puff up like a boxers gumshield"..
EVE - "Clam up!"
SATAN - "Okay okay, scuse me for breathing, none of my business if you want to end up looking like a cross between Mike Tyson and Ugly Betty"..
EVE - "Hmm okay, I'd better eat it, but don't tell anyone"
SATAN - "Sure, sure, you can trust me"..

neologist

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 11:04 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Are you saying Jehovah willed them to fail? Or did they choose sin?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 11:17 pm
Neologist asked-"Are you saying Jehovah willed them to fail? Or did they choose sin?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who's "Jehovah"? If you mean God, he warned them not to eat from that tree but they gave in to temptation and disobeyed him.
The whole Adam/Eve story is just an analogy for the disobedience of humans in general.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2013 03:05 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Neologist asked-"Are you saying Jehovah willed them to fail? Or did they choose sin?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who's "Jehovah"? If you mean God, he warned them not to eat from that tree but they gave in to temptation and disobeyed him.
The whole Adam/Eve story is just an analogy for the disobedience of humans in general.

Since the god first denied the couple the ability to know right from wrong...they did not know there was anything wrong with disobeying.

The story is less an analogy for "the disobedience of humans in general"...than it is an example of how screwed up things can get when humans try to invent stories to explain the unknown.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 05:06 am
God was quite clear when he told Adam-"If you eat that fruit I will personally bust your ass" (Gen 2:16)
but him and Evie freely chose to munch, so the moral is that if we disobey his fatherly advice we go up the spout.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 08:55 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

God was quite clear when he told Adam-"If you eat that fruit I will personally bust your ass" (Gen 2:16)
but him and Evie freely chose to munch, so the moral is that if we disobey his fatherly advice we go up the spout.

The god was also quite clear that neither Adam nor Eve would know the difference between right and wrong...between good and evil.

It was a sting by the god.

Work it out in your own mind.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 09:05 am
maxdancona wrote:

Adam and Eve made the correct choice.

Before they ate the fruit they were mindless and subservient. They were unable to choose right and wrong and they were unable freely love (programmed love isn't the same).

It was when they ate the fruit that the became human. Whether this was God's good idea, or the snakes is an interesting question. God created the tree (and the snake for that matter), so I suspect that it was His plan from the beginning.

It does seem to be the god's plan.

Personally, I think the story is a jumble created by a human trying to explain the unknown...and doing a miserable job of it.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 04:43 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

It does seem to be the god's plan.

Personally, I think the story is a jumble created by a human trying to explain the unknown...and doing a miserable job of it.

My sentiments exactly, Frank. Very Happy
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 01:18 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
. . . Personally, I think the story is a jumble created by a human trying to explain the unknown...and doing a miserable job of it.
You're just way too smart, Frank. Smarter than God even. Exclamation
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 02:17 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
. . . Personally, I think the story is a jumble created by a human trying to explain the unknown...and doing a miserable job of it.
You're just way too smart, Frank. Smarter than God even. Exclamation

Not sure what you are saying here, Neo, but it sounds as though you were trying (rather unsuccessfully) to be cute.

Wanna give it another go?
neologist

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 02:20 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You know think highly of you, Frank.
That's why I keep at it.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 02:21 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

You know think highly of you, Frank.
That's why I keep at it.

As I do you, Neo. Although that is not the reason I keep at it.
neologist

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 03:42 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Razz Razz
0 Replies

Rock7000

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 07:06 pm
Could Adam ever say this to Eve, Eve is not the woman I love. No but I could say that to Moshi Yes.
0 Replies

Rock7000

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 07:13 pm
Do you know why?
0 Replies

Rock7000

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 06:51 pm
Adam and Eve were in a time that The Serpent was trying to make Eve sin. So there was sin in those days even though they were created perfect, Eve was tempted and tricked into eating from the apple.
Smileyrius

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 08:04 pm
@Rock7000,
Just for clarification on your position my friend, Did Eve knowingly or unknowingly sin against God?
0 Replies