If Adam and Eve were created perfect, how could they sin?

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2021 03:50 pm
@izzythepush,
Just responding to the general public. Sorry, you took it personal. Didn't mean to do that!
izzythepush

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2021 04:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It was addressed to me, if you’d replied to the topic I wouldn’t have made that mistake.

There is a way that Adam and Eve could be true without affecting scientific data at all.

And to make myself clear I’m not saying I believe any of this.

Elizabethan mystic Dr John Dee claimed to have a series of angelic conversations with Uriel. Uriel told him that this universe is a bubble of time and space, and that the world of the supernatural is outside of that.

If that were the case it could be that Adam and Eve happened exactly as portrayed in the Bible, seven days the works. Then after they have transgressed their souls were cast out into the bodies of Homo sapiens that had spent millions of years evolving.

Now that’s sorted everyone can stop arguing about it.
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2021 03:08 pm
@davidsheep88,
davidsheep88 wrote:

No, no, no it was the devil, man was innocent it was he's fault nether G-d. He's original plan was for him to be in the garden of Eden and be happy. The devil who is the enemy thwarted the way it was going to be and the fall of man came.

You must mean elevation of man, --- as Jews see Original Virtue in Eden and not the stupid Original Sin that Christianity invented.

Christians sing that Adam's sin was a happy fault and necessary to god's plan.

They see sin as a part of the plan and you seem to see sin as all evil.

You are a strange Jew.

Do you see Yahweh as in full control of his plan and it being on track at present, or do you think we have derailed it?

Can Yahweh be thwarted?

Who would we put above Yahweh?

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2021 03:14 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

The Gnostic interpretation is very different. The serpent is the good guy, telling Adam and Eve the truth about how they were taken by the Demiurge and leading them towards Gnosis and rejoining the true God.

Gnostics also regard it as a myth.

Gnostic of the past were seen as the intelligentsia and moral majority.

They vilified Yahweh on moral grounds when all knew he was a myth.

The idiocy of reading this myth literally is what has caused the bulk of the problems religions are still saddling us with.

If lucky, the world will return to Gnostic thinking.

It is way more morally superior.

Regards
DL
The Anointed

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 09:52 pm
@Greatest I am,
Yea! brainless Zombies who are unconcerned and uncommitted on any subject at issue.

See definition of Agnostic.

agnostic
[aɡˈnɒstɪk]
NOUN
a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God.
synonyms:
sceptic · doubter · questioner · doubting Thomas · challenger · scoffer · cynic · unbeliever · disbeliever · non-believer · rationalist · nullifidian
ADJECTIVE
relating to agnostics or agnosticism.
synonyms:
sceptical · doubting · questioning · unsure · cynical · unbelieving · disbelieving · non-believing · faithless · irreligious · rationalist · nullifidian
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 05:22 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Yea! brainless Zombies who are unconcerned and uncommitted on any subject at issue.

See definition of Agnostic.

agnostic
[aɡˈnɒstɪk]
NOUN
a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God.
synonyms:
sceptic · doubter · questioner · doubting Thomas · challenger · scoffer · cynic · unbeliever · disbeliever · non-believer · rationalist · nullifidian
ADJECTIVE
relating to agnostics or agnosticism.
synonyms:
sceptical · doubting · questioning · unsure · cynical · unbelieving · disbelieving · non-believing · faithless · irreligious · rationalist · nullifidian

Actually, that "definition" is not quite correct.

It should read, "SOMEONE WHO ACKNOWLEDGES that he/she does not know if any gods exist or not."

YOU do not know if any gods exist or not...YOU do not know about the nature of any gods that might exist. But you do not have the ethical wherewithal to acknowledge that you do not know.

You blindly guess there is one god...and blindly guess the nature of that god...and bore the rest of the world by trying to peddle those guesses as some kind of revelation.

You are a sad person...but useful to those of us who are non-theists.

So thank you. I love ya!
The Anointed

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 06:10 am
@Frank Apisa,
I saw a mist of smoke drift past
But now it’s gone, it went so fast
It made a sound or so it seems
Was it some agnostics scream.

Alas it’s gone, it’s seen no more
Nor heard, as it was….once before
It’s gone to where I cannot see
And it’s words are heard no more by me
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 06:46 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

I saw a mist of smoke drift past
But now it’s gone, it went so fast
It made a sound or so it seems
Was it some agnostics scream.

Alas it’s gone, it’s seen no more
Nor heard, as it was….once before
It’s gone to where I cannot see
And it’s words are heard no more by me

You have to hear, and listen to, your own words.

And your lying words are discomforting you more than you can imagine...or than you can acknowledge.

Keep selling that snake oil.

I'll keep laughing at you.

https://media.tenor.com/images/417715538a572432f53deeb681d5a425/tenor.gif
VABGirl

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 09:10 am
Adam and Eve werent perfect. They did a little sinning like we all do.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 10:46 am
@neologist,
As I see it, Adam and Eve were created (almost) perfect. However, in order to receive free will (aka Knowledge of Good and Evil), they could not be given it. This is because free will given against one's will is not free will. God set that tree in the center of the Garden of Eden, where they had to deal with it every time they crossed the path. Humans had to either freely choose not to have free will, and live in a paradise under God's terms, or freely choose to live in a world where they could disobey God.

In other words, yes it is a setup, but not a sinister one. The problem is, now humans are perfect. Only they're not, because they believe they displeased God (guilt -> sin). This is why Jesus came, to have an out for our sin through grace.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 10:46 am
@Frank Apisa,
I don’t Adam and Eve it.

(Sorry, couldn’t resist.)
0 Replies