If Adam and Eve were created perfect, how could they sin?

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2020 09:59 am
@izzythepush,
It’s not about you
izzythepush

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2020 10:06 am
@Leadfoot,
I wanted to make sure you couldn't accuse me of hypocrisy like you're doing with CI. My point stands, by lumping the Vietnamese in with the Nazis any point you were trying to make was lost.
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2020 11:59 am
@izzythepush,
on you for sure
izzythepush

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2020 01:25 pm
@Leadfoot,
I'm not going to be the only one your clumsy grouping will alienate. I'm giving you good advice. Outside of America the USA is seen as the aggressor, the bad guys in the Vietnam conflict.

You might want to remember that when talking to other non Americans.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 04:53 am
@Leadfoot,
Izzy has the right of it in this debate, although for the last post, I would clarify to say 'outside of western countries'
izzythepush

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 05:04 am
@vikorr,
The UK is pretty much a western country and I've yet to meet anyone who supported or even approved of the Vietnam conflict.

My mother was an arch Tory but even she gave money to trade unionists collecting for the North Vietnamese at a fair we went to. She also treated the trade unionists to a tirade about fighting Nazis in the last war and how the Americans were no different in Vietnam. In many ways they were worse because they had long hair and were smoking marijuana.

Like I said she was an arch Tory.

I think it's different in Australia because you also had people fighting over there. We didn't, thanks to Harold Wilson.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 05:21 am
@izzythepush,
If you think I approved of Vietnam after reading what I’ve said directly about it (in other threads), then you are a blithering idiot. Same goes if you think I give a **** about anyone's country of origin. That goes for my own as well.

My biggest disappointment here at A2K is that so few seem to get to know the people they are talking to. It’s as if they meet for the first time in every post. That is about the biggest insult I think you can give online, IMO.

same goes for you too, Vikorr.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 05:48 am
@Leadfoot,
You grouped the Vietnamese and the Nazis together. You did that and I responded accordingly.

livinglava

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 06:18 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You grouped the Vietnamese and the Nazis together. You did that and I responded accordingly.

Is your point that all Vietnamese aren't fascist, i.e. that none are; or that only some are? Surely you're not assuming that there is not a single Vietnamese person on Earth today or throughout history who everysympathized with any Nazis. Do you really think in such a stereotypical way?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 07:30 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
@Leadfoot,

Yes, I did.

They are both examples of people who were attacked and killed at the command of other people. I did not equate them in any other way. I wasn’t even talking about those groups, The subject i was discussing with CI was the morality of commanding the killing of others and whether there was ever a justification for it, by either God or Man.

I thought it obvious that the morality of that command would have to be judged on a case by case basis, as your comments would surely be in harmony with. And THAT was my point, as you have so adequately amplified.

izzythepush

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 08:19 am
@Leadfoot,
I know what you were trying to do, you don't have to labour the point.

And do I really need to remind you that any point you were trying to make about how people act under orders was lost when you clumsily lumped the Vietnamese with the Nazis.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 08:27 am
@izzythepush,
It could be my shitty writing style.
Or it could be your reading comprehension or lack thereof.

I could go either way.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 09:20 am
@Leadfoot,
There's nothing wrong with my comprehension, I'm an English teacher.

It's fairly straightforward, the minute you compare or group anyone with the Nazis people are naturally going to assume you're comparing them to the Nazis.

It's not rocket science, and I'm amazed that after two pages of this the penny still hasn't dropped.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 09:42 am
@izzythepush,
Look at it this way, the Nazis were quite green, and concerned about the environment, but if you started comparing the Green Party to the Nazis they wouldn't be happy, no matter how many times you said that it was only in terms of environmental policies.
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 11:57 am
@izzythepush,
Yeah, Reductio ad Hitlerum arguments tend to kill any discussion not specifically about Hitler and Nazis.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 12:57 pm
@InfraBlue,
Exactly, this guy gets it.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 01:35 pm
@izzythepush,
Oh **** me. I thought i was talking to someone who had outgrown that.

OK, Ill update the mental picture of both you guys.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 01:42 pm
@Leadfoot,
I don't think the World will ever outgrow the Nazis, or get over them. A thread I started on the swastika proved as much.

https://able2know.org/topic/257784-1

You're not being more grown up or mature, you're being crass and insensitive, and if you had an ounce of emotional intelligence you'd realise that.

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 02:05 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
@Leadfoot,
I don't think the World will ever outgrow the Nazis, or get over them. A thread I started on the swastika proved as much.

You're not being more grown up or mature, you're being crass and insensitive, and if you had an ounce of emotional intelligence you'd realise that.

Well, as Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this World.”
And if you object to me bringing up such an irrelevant point in our conversation, why the hell did you jump in to a topic like this?

I must remember how you approach metaphysical subjects.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 02:21 pm
@Leadfoot,
I behave the way most people do when others make spurious comparisons with the Nazis.

Again the Nazis aren't just "an irrelevant point" regardless of the topic at hand.

I must remember how you're incapable of admitting to being wrong even after you've fucked up big time.

Actually I think I already knew that.