what would you do if a guy hit a girl you know while you wasn't around?

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 06:11 am
my roommate recently told me guy who cares about her, respects her and treats her right, that she only likes me as a friend. she was talking to a guy who treats her wrong and has sex with her and don't care about her who got physical with her. she called me but I was busy so it was out of my hands. if I was there things for sure would have not went that way but I wasn't. what would you do if it was you she called for help? personally its messes up he even put his hands on her. that's like a big no no. but like I said I wasn't there and I dont even know dude. its just crazy some guys do that. knowing her she prolly gone forgive him and its gonna repeat. unreal....naw that's just how it is my bad.

jespah

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 07:05 am
@cornelljdav,
Then if it happens again, tell her to call the cops, or go to a hospital.

Her telling you, after the fact, does no one any good. What does she expect? That you'll drop everything, go running over there like her white knight and beat up that guy?

It is a criminal matter and likely also a health matter. You are an expert in neither.

But do Google battered woman syndrome.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battered_person_syndrome

This behavior is kinda typical - and it can take a while to convince someone to leave. But you can be a friend, and continually tell her that she can do better. Often abuse victims suffer from low self-esteem. This is not a time for you to be trying to date her - this is a time to be shoring up her self-esteem, telling her that she doesn't have to live that way.
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 08:40 am
You are a roomate and a friend. You are not her bodyguard.

Give her the information to safeguard herself if this should every START to happen again:
1. only date guys that don't hit women.
2. police phone number is XXXXX

Don't let her drag you into this DRAMA. They will BOTH turn on you if you get involved, believe me.
cornelljdav

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 11:07 am
@jespah,
good point
0 Replies

cornelljdav

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 11:08 am
@PUNKEY,
that's right. I ain't no body guard, I'm just a friend.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 11:12 am
@cornelljdav,
cornelljdav wrote:
what would you do if it was you she called for help?

I wouldn't wait til then.

I'd make sure that she understands she needs to call the police if anyone assaults her.

cornelljdav

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 12:40 pm
@ehBeth,
that's right.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 07:51 pm
Get the address and call the police yourself.
0 Replies