Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 10:19 pm
What the hell is going on here?

Is everyone so "libretard" and "republicunt" that there can't be a conversation about anything anymore?

If someone posts an interesting topic but you don't agree with their politics is that reason enough to downvote their topic or their post so that it never even gets looked at?

Has everyone become such big babies that we can't handle a disagreement or engage in a debate?

ARRGGGHHHH.

No wonder everyone is leaving here and all we're left with is the spammers and the barely literate.

Grow the **** up. Not everyone agrees with you. So what.

This used to be a lively forum with interesting discussions. Now it's just a bunch of name calling babies.

I just had to get that off my chest.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 21 • Views: 7,586 • Replies: 115

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 10:24 pm
@boomerang,
I spend some time, perhaps allocated wrongly, to make tags more pertinent.
If others would, then the hysteric tags would go away. But no, people just let the tags lie there like dead anchovies.

On the other hand, Boom, conversations are still going on.
roger

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 10:29 pm
@boomerang,
On the other hand, we also have 21 pages devoted to a really simple grammar question. WTH is wrong with that?
boomerang

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 10:30 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm sure conversations are still going on, osso.

But they're ancient conversations -- ones that have been going on forever.

Or you have to dig through pages of spam and hate mail and baloney to find a decent one.

And if you find a decent topic someone stops in to call someone a name and everything devolves into name calling.

It's so frustrating!

I really like A2K and I hate it that I'm no longer finding it usable or fun.
boomerang

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 10:31 pm
@roger,
I ain't knowing the answer to that, roger.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 10:37 pm
I'm still thinking myself lucky that I can talk with Hingehead, for one.

I would lose him if I left here. Or Izzythepush. Or JLNobody. Fbaeser.

Roberta, worth her weight in gold and more.

I agree there is a lot of uglypoo.
Ice Demon

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 10:37 pm
@boomerang,
You go girl!
I concur with you 99.99%. I encountered a lot of flamers and people who try to feed them with reason and arguments with no avail, in my week here. Flamers have no creativity, but just like throwing doo doo like dumb brutes. I imagine neanderthals were more imaginative than this. (I think they don't have a life outside of this forum).
boomerang

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 10:56 pm
@ossobuco,
I complete agree, osso. There are a lot of great people here. But more and more of them leave every day, or only post on ancient threads. It's sad.

It seems like even the "libetards" have become a bunch of Fox news babies who can only spout a bunch of finger pointing nonsense.

Sometimes I think maybe we just know each other too well. I've been hugely insulted and terribly offended here by people revealing old wounds and personal information. I know you have too. But we haven't given up and resorted to infantile behavior.

I just miss the old days where we could hate on each other with well reasoned debate and sometimes even find something we could agree with each other on. There are a lot of people on here that I disagree with on big issues in major ways but it was always possible to discover their humanity and connect with them. Now it's all "you like guns so I hate you" or "you don't believe in evolution so I hate you and I'm going to downvote all of your threads and call you names", or "you're asking a question about barbequing and I'm a vegetarian so I'm going to downvote you".

It's making me crazy.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 10:59 pm
@boomerang,
I skip all that, or do mostly - I'm too rad for plaid.
boomerang

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 10:59 pm
@Ice Demon,
See? Someone downvoted your comment -- for what? Why would someone downvote this? You must be a "libretard" or a "repubicant".

Congratulations and welcome to A2K. You've pissed someone off enough to make you okay in my book.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 11:03 pm
@ossobuco,
I try too osso, really I do.

But except for your thread about Katy all of the top posts in my "your posts" section date back to 2007 and 2008.

They're great threads but they're 5+ years old. That's messed up.
0 Replies

MattDavis

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 11:57 pm
@roger,
Quote:
On the other hand, we also have 21 pages devoted to a really simple grammar question. WTH is wrong with that?

I'll admit it. I fed that troll. Lesson learned. Smile
MattDavis

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 12:02 am
@boomerang,
I agree there should be some consensus regarding how to engage/not engage in discussion.
Also maybe a strategy meeting regarding how to handle non-civil or non-productive posters.
I was idealistically opposed to the ignore feature, but I have made some exceptions already.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 12:03 am
@MattDavis,
Matt, I thought you were just having fun playing around with him.
MattDavis

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 12:04 am
@roger,
I was at first, because I thought (s)he would be fun and witty.
Not so fun, not so witty Sad
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 12:39 am
@ossobuco,
what are tags?
MattDavis

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 12:43 am
@Lola,
The forum categorizations.
In blue font at the top of the thread.
They can be added by users, often a feature abused to discredit a thread.
Lola

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 12:46 am
@boomerang,
I think there's still a lot of good going on here. Many of the good people are gone. But some remain. Enough to make it worth my while. It would be best if we didn't engage with those who are clearly out to destroy. I think that would help. And I disregard down votes, if I notice them at all. I still value the people and friends here. I hope you'll stick with it too boomerang.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 12:51 am
@MattDavis,
thanks. Why don't we all do as osso and Merry Andrew do? Just go around changing them when we see they have been misused or abused? That'll show um.
MattDavis

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 12:52 am
@Lola,
I don't know if they can be deleted, by the person who didn't initiate the tag?
I think a moderator is required for that.
I don't know if Osso or Merry Andrew are moderators.