Your title,

The American Government Has Gone Rogue

would have been much more apt, Hawk, as,

The American Government Continues Its Long & Storied Rogue Behavior

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2013 05:27 pm
@hawkeye10,
Those are exactly the reasons why I don't trust Obama to always do the right thing. For a smart guy, he can really be stupid.

Obama can't seem to weigh the cost of losing our legal rights against the government's "freedom" to kill at will.
roger

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2013 06:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It might be better to say "his 'freedom' than "the government's". The man doesn't respect any boundaries, and congress is clearly too wimpy to rein him in.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2013 06:11 pm
@roger,
Correction noted. Mr. Green
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2013 07:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Those are exactly the reasons why I don't trust Obama to always do the right thing. For a smart guy, he can really be stupid.

Obama can't seem to weigh the cost of losing our legal rights against the government's "freedom" to kill at will.

Outside of his family what or who can we count on Obama to make a stand for every time? What values does he hold onto resolutely? I can't think of a thing. That h can make astonishingly bad choices we found out when he sucked up a year for healthcare reform without ever solving the core problems and when we had a more immediate crisis, that being the failure of the global economic system.......a problem which has not even remotely been addressed.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2013 10:34 am
I am going to stick around to see how many of us have lost our minds.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2013 11:35 am
@RABEL222,
The problem for us is that when our government losses their minds, we're all in deep doodoo. Just look at what our government is doing with the fiscal cliff, non-productive congress, drones, and budget cuts for our schools, infrastructure, and safety nets for the unemployed, handicapped, and healthcare for our military personnel (while more commit suicide when they return from combat zones).

And we're the ones who vote them in as our representatives. We are our own worst enemy.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2013 11:40 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

And we're the ones who vote them (democrats) in as our representatives.
We are our own worst enemy.

Yep.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2013 04:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I see that the CA government is working through the current budget problems by shifting even more debt onto the kids and grandkids than you were before.

Great!

Where is the objection from you citizens to this immoral act?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2013 05:04 pm
@hawkeye10,
We can object all we want, but governments do not listen to individuals. Maybe, you still haven't learned this lesson, but I've written to my congress reps and even presidents - with nary a response.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2013 05:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I've written to my congress reps and even presidents - with nary a response.

Don't include a picture of yourself with the next letter.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2013 05:34 pm
@hawkeye10,
so your solution, and it seems many others is to turn the us into one big Lebanon where baptist shoot at catholic, dems shoot at repbs, liberal at conservatives with the weapons that the second admendment allows us all to have. Tell me again how intelligent you all are. IM HAVING A REAL PROBLEM ASSIMILATING THIS THINKING!!!
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2013 05:46 pm
@RABEL222,
it has nothing to doing with "hawkeye's solution", I am simply pointing out that when the rule of law is corrupted by the elite (aka is not followed) then eventually the rest of us riffraff will pursue our agenda outside of the law as well.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2013 05:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
You wrote,
Quote:
it has nothing to doing with "hawkeye's solution", I am simply pointing out that when the rule of law is corrupted by the elite (aka is not followed) then eventually the rest of us riffraff will pursue our agenda outside of the law as well.

So, how did you arrive at this conclusion? Just another hawk rambling?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2013 05:51 pm
@RABEL222,

Move to Chicago, become an unarmed victim and see just how fast you assimilate.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2013 09:07 pm
@H2O MAN,
Being a victim is in vogue..it is certainly encouraged by the elite, but some of us resist.
JTT

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2013 09:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
Where has your much vaunted sense of honesty got to, Hawk?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2013 10:11 pm
Clearly, I'm no fan of President Obama, and I don't, fundamentally, trust our government, but the drone policy of the White House is not an indication of a government gone rogue.

Particularly since it seems to have recently accepted congressional oversight.

If, however, this was a PR ploy without actual commitment, I have a problem.

Obama sending a drone to wipe out an "American citizen" who has joined our Islamist enemies is a very, very far affair from targeting an political opponent in Omaha.

The few times he get things right, I'm not going to criticize him.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2013 10:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
The few times he get things right, I'm not going to criticize him

are you going to be equally fine with the Chinese assassinating people around the world at will and in secret?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 10:43 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Outside of his family what or who can we count on Obama to make a stand for every time? What values does he hold onto resolutely? I can't think of a thing.

That's probably because you keep thinking he will do what you expect his stereotype of him to do instead of his actual actions. Obama has from day one agressively used drones. He increased our troop count in Afganistan. He authorized the strike against Osama without consulting the Pakistanis. He's been very consistent in agressively taking action against those he considers legitimate targets regardless of what country they are in or the feelings of local politicians. In this he is somewhat like the Israelis except they strike with more precision and with less justification. From his 4+ years in office, I can say that you can absolutely count on him to pull the trigger. The question is whether he should, not that he is inconsistent. Obama has a track record of being a middle of the road, maybe slightly left leaning moderate with a complete willingness to use the military just in a more surgical way than his predecessor.