Because mobs are subject to tempering?
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 08:36 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Do you see any ******* riots?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 10:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
And here I thought (by virtue of you droll response to Rocky) that you were ignoring me.

To answer your specific question:

Yes, in the past.

As to this particular matter: I'm not aware of any "*******" riots or riots of any other sort as a result of the death of this madman, but if this proves out, it will not be because the mob that is prone to riot is as enlightened as you and recognizes that the death of this minority madman is not justified because he's a murderer.

Apparently, you have much more faith in ******* rioters than do I.
dlowan

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 06:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
If there are no current ******* riots then how can there be any ******* rioters. As far as I can see, until they riot, people are just ******* people.....unless there is a class of person whom you see not as ******* people but as eternal ******* rioters just coiled to explode all the ******* time?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 07:55 pm
I ******* read your post here, because you came to my thread to post, meaning you probably wished to address my position on the ******* probability there would be riots. The ignore was by your request in the first place and will still hold unless it seems you are responding to one of my threads.
The public is far from intellectual but they can in my opinion recognize that a guy as nutty and dangerous as this one was not riot-worthy.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 08:58 pm
fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck Mr. Green
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 09:14 pm
Rockhead

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 09:19 pm
@Ticomaya,
hard to believe he's a canadien now, eh?

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 09:24 pm
Actually, the Canadian government just denied his request to be a Canadian.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 02:27 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck Mr. Green

Watch yer ******* language, **** it!
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 02:25 pm
@dlowan,
There's altogether too much ******* going on in this thread. Control yourselves, brethren and sisteren.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 03:24 pm
I always wondered why some people say '****' all the time. I never use it in conversations and only sparingly, mostly, online. Clearly it's ordinary language to some. It's not for want of education. I've known college grads who say it, incessantly.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 03:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
It's a laboratory term, for me.
0 Replies

aspvenom

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 03:33 pm
@dlowan,
Learn from the master.

Iruhn shibal gaejashik-ah Cool
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 03:58 pm
@aspvenom,
Cool, asp. Unfortunately I don't speak Korean and the subtitles are way too small on my screen to be read.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 05:17 pm
@aspvenom,
Funny. I had to learn these words the old fashioned way - By living them.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 05:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
This is an apparent tangent to the thread, which I take seriously. LA is my town and I've known a lot of pros and cons re the police, but this one was scary plus.
I should say cons and pros, but that whole subject is complicated.

Re riots, after the woman I consulted for and I left her studio early afternoon, the place next to hers was torched. I am not interested in riot lectures, who all those nasty people are. They are us in many ways.

But, re the word '****':
In my area in the later sixties (things catapulted around '65) people broke social chains left and right all over the place re a lot of no nos. I wasn't kidding about the lab - that's where I first heard it spoken freely, enjoyably. I use it now more sparely, but I hardly ever mind it, and once I got what it meant, never got why it was so bad, thus becoming a kind of universal insult fitting in with other universal insults. I use it a tad neurotically, in front of people it tends to offend, like one cousin. So, I still have some growing up to do. I'd better hurry up. I like dlowan with her ebulliant ffffffffs. God I love dlowan.

This from your poster, who at eighteen asked a friend what it meant, and the friend, also a young woman, wouldn't tell me. I learned more from books, books not anywhere in my sight when I was a teen, and then I still didn't know much. Until I met a great guy.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 07:16 pm
When I was a sailor, I used sailor language. After I was back with my Mom, the sailor language tended to leak out. Then one day, somebody made a royal mess of some now forgotten thing. I says to her, "They sure -" Her eyes cut to mine and I paused. "- messed that up," I lamely finished. After that, I tried to keep such language out of my conversation. But, the same way you use '****' before people who don't talk like that, I used to slip into saying, "God damn," to people who would never dream of saying the same thing. Now, in my dotage, I have control over my words, pretty much.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 07:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
But see, I still enjoy the usage - probably from all that prohibition. Of course this has all waned, but I am not ever sorry if I use it.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 07:32 pm
Well, it doesn't offend me. I take it all in stride.
0 Replies