Guns aren't stupid, People with Guns Are.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 09:14 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
still on that stupid point eh DAve?
In predatory events by criminals or by animals,
I want the victim to kill the predator; that is the ideal resolution,
and a cause for celebration. I don't see that as being "stupid"
as u choose to put it, farmer.
U cheer for the bad guy; I cheer for the innocent, good guy,
even when he is 8 years old. Yes.

farmerman wrote:
Why not have 8 year olds drive cars?
If thay can do so as skillfully as thay drive their bikes,
then I am all for it, if thay can buy or rent cars.
In the 1990s, on the private property of a summer resort,
I let some children drive my car, very slowly, just for the thrill of it.
I remembered my own sense of longing to do that, when I was a child.
(I felt abused by the discriminatory licensure law.)
That is the Golden Rule:I did unto others
as I woud have had others do unto me.
( I never even asked for it. )

farmerman wrote:
Fly planes?
I have read of children flying planes across America.
If it is POSSIBLE for them to do it,
then I oppose any discrimination against children.
I know that u wanna screw them out of their freedom, maximally.
I am on their side. I always was.

farmerman wrote:
Because some irresponsible caregiver
had you handling weapons at 8 years old is not a credit to them.
Which "caregiver" is this, farmer??
I won my first revolver in a poker game with kids my own age
in Arizona (my nabors), who remained a lot better armed than I was.
Note that in the 5 years that I lived there, the police never arrived
on the scene with lights n sirens; no trouble, no complaints; quiet (except for the gunfire).

My primary "caregiver" was me; my family owned some furniture stores
and were out administering them a lot, until around 8 or 9 PM.
Accordingly, I was alone after school, on weekends & in summer.
I felt a little insecure (qua self defense) until I acquired my first revolver.
With its possession, I felt a sense of tranquility n serenity; I 'm glad for that. U 'd screw me out of that, if u cud.
U love age-based discrimination and u deplore liberty.
I had plenty of cash, abundant food, access to taxis & busses; I fended for myself.
When I felt like it, I called my mother on the fone. I had no cause for complaint,
neither then, nor now in retrospect. I 'd not change anything about that, if I cud.

farmerman wrote:
They were just being stubbornly [???? That 's an odd choice of words.] stupid.
I 'm sure that King George III and his Lord North believed that of George Washington & Ben Franklin.
Its just that u viscerally despise and abhor personal freedom,
in your impassioned liberal lust for authoritarianism, farmer.

U deplore my parents for their failure
to hold my mind in contempt, as u 'd have done.

I importune your forgiveness of my delay
in responding to your post, farmer.

David
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 12:20 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:
People should learn how to spell and use proper English.
Yes; for that reason, I am setting a good example with my fonetic spelling.

David

So the "y" in "my" sounds like "I" but you don't use the same symbol when you try to spell phonetically? And then you use "i" again when it is a different sound in "setting". Or should the "i" in setting be pronounced the same as they "y" in my?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 11:47 pm
@parados,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:
People should learn how to spell and use proper English.
Yes; for that reason, I am setting a good example with my fonetic spelling.

David
parados wrote:
So the "y" in "my" sounds like "I" but you don't use the same symbol when you try to spell phonetically?
And then you use "i" again when it is a different sound in "setting".
Or should the "i" in setting be pronounced the same as they "y" in my?
Y do u begin a sentence with a conjunction????????
I have only changed some of the more conspicuous n egregious instances
of failure to update English spelling
to make it accord with current pronunciation.

Others will be the final, polished authorities on fonetic spelling.

David
parados

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 07:04 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Why did you use a semicolon in your sentence and an extraneous comma? I thought I would ignore your lack of proper grammar and concentrate on your egregious non use of phonetics when you claim you are using such.
parados

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 07:05 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

David

Translation - I'm too lazy to spell correctly and I'm too lazy to use phonetics correctly.
parados

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 10:10 am
Quote:
Logan Anthony Armendariz, 13, died after being shot in Anderson. He suffered a single gunshot wound to the chest and was pronounced dead at St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital. It happened Monday afternoon in the 5700 block of Park Road.

Anderson police tell Fox 59 that the boy’s younger brother shot him. According to investigators, the brother got inside a locked closet and a locked gun safe. The safe held five guns–four of which were unloaded. One revolver had a single bullet in the chamber.

Read more: http://fox59.com/2013/08/07/middletown-teenager-killed-in-accidental-shooting/#ixzz2bOWpN8On
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 10:11 am
Quote:
SAN ANTONIO -

San Antonio police said a 22-year-old man mishandled a gun and accidentally shot himself Saturday night.

It happened just after 6 p.m. Saturday in the 600 block of Byrnes Drive, just east of Terrell Hills.

Police said the man shot himself in the head.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 10:22 am
Quote:
It had all the hallmarks of a homicide: a victim shot dead, the gun ditched away from the body, a suspect on the run.

But police now say the tragic shooting death of a 4-year-old Washington state boy was actually accidental.

The one-time suspect,Trevor Braymiller, is in custody but not for shooting little Dwayne Kerrigan. Instead, police say Braymiller, a convicted felon and the boyfriend of Dwayne’s mother, faces charges for illegally possessing the gun the little boy used to shoot himself.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/four-year-old-boy-found-dead-accidentally-shot-wash-police-article-1.1406524#ixzz2bOZkXZB0
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 10:23 am
Quote:
An Idaho man is facing a felony charge after an accidental shooting in Minot this afternoon.

Police say 25-year-old Joe Prince was a passenger in a vehicle driven by a 24-year-old man when the gun Prince was carrying went off accidentally.

The driver, whose identity was not released, was taken to Trinity Medical Center for treatment of his gunshot wound.

http://www.kxnet.com/story/23039209/accidental-shooting-leads-to-charges
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 10:25 am
Quote:
OAK RIDGE (WATE) - Two security officers at the Y-12 National Security Complex were injured Saturday in an accidental shooting.

A Y-12 spokesperson says an employee's gun accidentally discharged Saturday night, injuring the two security officers.

Officials say the employees were taken to Methodist Medical Center with minor injuries.

http://www.wate.com/story/22952602/y-12-security-officers-injured-in-accidental-shooting
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 10:45 am
Quote:
BLACKBERRY TOWNSHIP — Kane County authorities say 10 people were injured this week when a shotgun accidently discharged inside a gun club, sending buckshot ricocheting around the facility.

Sheriff’s investigators say three people, including a 14-year-old boy, were treated at a hospital for non-life threatening injuries after the Tuesday night shooting at the St. Charles Sportsmen’s Club. Seven others were treated at the scene, including the 69-year-old who mistakenly fired the 12-gauge.

Investigators say the man was putting away his gun when he accidentally put a live shotgun shell into the weapon, instead of a “snap cap’’ to protect the firing pin.

He pointed the gun at the ground inside the clubhouse and pulled the trigger.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 11:34 am
Quote:
A former member of the Dallas Mavericks male dance team killed four people and wounded at least
four more with guns and a grenade Wednesday night, police said, according to multiple media reports.

Erbie Bowser, a 44-year-old who was known as E-Luv with the Mavs ManiAACs as recently as 2011,
shot and killed Toya Smith, 43, and her 17-year-old daughter Tasmia Allen and injured two more in
a Dallas home around 10:30 p.m. CT Wednesday night, police said.

Smith is believed to have been Bowser's former girlfriend, according to multiple media reports.

According to police, Bowser then drove to the home of his ex-wife Zina Till in the Dallas suburb of
DeSoto. He threw a grenade into the house, and after it detonated, he entered the home and began
shooting, police said. Two women were killed and two boys, ages 11 and 13, were wounded, police
told multiple media outlets. Bowser then ran out of ammunition.

It is not clear if Till was one of the victims in the second shooting. According to reports, a 3-year-old
was removed from the DeSoto home unharmed.

When police arrived at the DeSoto house, Bowser pretended to be one of the victims.
According to reports, he gave police his name, rank and serial number. Police said Bowser has tattoos
that indicate he was a member of the Army Rangers; however, a 2008 application for divorce says that
neither party was a member of the armed forces.
(espn)
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 04:02 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
Why did you use a semicolon in your sentence
I did it to avoid uttering a run-on sentence.

parados wrote:
and an extraneous comma?
I did that to separate clauses or concepts.

parados wrote:
I thought I would ignore your lack of proper grammar and concentrate on your egregious non use of phonetics when you claim you are using such.
I see no reason to adopt conventions with which I do not agree.
I choose to use ordinary spelling, except insofar as that
is inconsistent with modern pronunciation.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 04:14 am
@parados,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

David
parados wrote:
Translation - I'm too lazy to spell correctly
Paradigmatic spelling is incorrect, to the extent
that it does not accord with pronunciation; agreed, qua the laziness, regardless.

parados wrote:
and I'm too lazy to use phonetics correctly.
I have not adopted protocols of other foneticists.

David
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 02:32 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

parados wrote:
Why did you use a semicolon in your sentence
I did it to avoid uttering a run-on sentence.

"Yes" is both a noun and a verb so it needs to be separate from the rest of the sentence to prevent a run on sentence? It seems you use your own version of "fonetic" grammar as well as "fonetic" spelling.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 03:19 pm
@parados,
I did not take the time to refresh my memory,
but I believe that "yes" by itself is a sentence.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 06:55 pm
Quote:
Maine man accidentally shoots himself
AP / August 9, 2013

LAMOINE, Maine (AP) — Authorities say a Hancock County teenager who appears to have accidentally shot himself has died.

The sheriff’s office says 19-year-old Jesse Sinclair was in his home when he appears to have accidentally shot himself last Saturday.

Sinclair was taken to Maine Coast Memorial Hospital in Ellsworth before being transferred to Eastern Maine Medical Center in Bangor, where he died.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/maine/2013/08/09/maine-man-accidentally-shoots-himself/3pFMByupMthQq2AA1z9zFP/story.html
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 06:56 pm
Quote:
FORT MILL — - A security guard for a money transport company accidentally shot himself while working at a Fort Mill drug store Wednesday, according to police reports.

The guard told deputies with the York County Sheriff’s Office that he was walking inside the store when his shoulder bumped a door and his holstered gun went off. The .40-caliber bullet hit him in his right leg, the report stated.

Read more here: http://www.heraldonline.com/2013/08/10/5103552/security-guard-accidentally-shoots.html#storylink=cpy
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 06:58 pm
Quote:
CHENECTADY — A man suffered a gunshot wound to his groin Friday night, a wound that police determined was accidentally self-inflicted.

The shooting happened Friday evening at the Imperial Motel on State Street, police spokesman Lt. Mark McCracken said. His name was not available.

The man had the gun stuffed in his waistband and it accidentally discharged, hitting him, McCracken said.

http://www.dailygazette.com/news/2013/aug/03/0803_shoot/
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2013 10:17 am
Gun safety instructor takes teaching by example too far
A student in a gun safety class was accidentally shot by the course instructor, over this past weekend.
The 73-year-old instructor, Terry J. Dunlap Sr., was demonstrating a handgun at a training facility when he accidentally fired a bullet which ricocheted off of a desk striking Michael Piemonte, a student of the course, in the arm. Luckily, some of the other students present were nurses who attended to Mr. Piemonte’s wound until an ambulance arrived to transport him to a Columbus hospital.
Piemonte has stated that Dunlap did not know that the gun was loaded.
Perhaps the course curriculum should be changed so that one of the first things that they teach (and the instructors do) is to check the chamber of a firearm before handling it.
The class was not without merit though—all the students learned a valuable lesson that day: If you walk into a gun safety course, and the instructor looks like he fought in the Civil War, it’s probably a good idea to just walk right back out.
http://blog.sarcasmsociety.com/society/gun-safety-instructor-takes-teaching-by-example-too-far.html