24
   

Guns aren't stupid, People with Guns Are.

 
 
farmerman
 
  3  
Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 05:59 am
@Ceili,
I liked the one where he taped a 40 cal to the front of a bb gun. This should go in my "WHAT WERE THEY THINKING" thread
0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  2  
Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 06:50 am
@Ceili,
You shouldn't make me giggle when I'm at work.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 06:51 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
When dummies like you have a gun, it can be lethal.
To predators who attack me
(human or not), yea! That 's what guns r for,
but the last time it happened, the criminals fled
before I was able to line up a shot.

If it had been u, wud u have surrendered yourself
and surrendered your wife to the criminals ?
Wud u have been satisfied to beg for mercy ??
I believe in fighting back, penis-lover.






cicerone imposter wrote:
If you didn't have a gun, more people will be safer in this world.
Yes; predatory criminals on-the-job.

After my first abdominal surgery and its infection in 2005,
I was too enfeebled to walk. Eventually, when I left
the hospital, I was hardly able to walk, as I approached
the parking lot. I was thinking: I better not need to fight.
I cud be defeated by a butterfly or a mild wind.

In that vein, about 4O years ago my friend and tenant, Donald,
reported to me that he had been mugged (assault & robbery)
in the NY subway by 3 Puerto Ricans, but he fought them off;
credit to him. In a state of alarm, he registered for self defense
classes in the martial arts. He pursued those studies for years.

About 2 years ago, I saw him again (he is no longer my tenant)
and I observed that he had become grotesquely obese,
and that he had severe leg problems. I asked him: after all those
martial arts classes, if u were attacked and u needed to defend
your family from predatory criminals, cud u still do it?
He said no; not without a weapon. (He has weapons.)
parados
 
  4  
Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 07:10 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Why do people that are attacked once always fear being attacked but people that have been helped don't always feel they will be helped?
OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 09:03 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
Why do people that are attacked once
always fear being attacked
I reject your premise, as known to be false.
I have been attacked. I have no emotion.
When I was attacked (shot at), I had no emotion
as I reflexively drew my gun in self defense.
I found mild humor in it. I smiled a little.
In retrospect, I relate to Winston Churchill's
dictum that being shot at with no effect
is "exhilarating", tho I did not feel that thrill,
just found it a little funny, as I was drawing.
Last year, I was at home feeling 1OO% safe
and having fallen asleep in front of my computer,
when an electrical fire broke out.

My feelings of security did NOT render me immune from fire.
I have no fear of fire now, nor then,
tho I almost got killed.

Admittedly, at age 8 (un-armed) I felt a little
ill-at-ease at home alone, wondering how I 'd
defend my home, if it became necessary.
(We did live in a good naborhood; crime-free, so far as I know.)
I felt a lot safer when I acquired my first gun.




parados wrote:
but people that have been helped
don't always feel they will be helped?
Maybe u can address that question
about getting helped to Reginald Denny in L.A.
or to the late Kitty Genovese in NY
or to Nicole Brown or Ron Goldman ??
Tell us what thay have to say, OK ?

Human beings r not trustworthy.
That shud be tawt in the public schools, at an early age,
along with competent defensive gun handling.





David
cicerone imposter
 
  3  
Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 09:10 am
@OmSigDAVID,
You had feelings of fear at age 8? You are "unusual" to say the least! Your own family must have put the fear in you; there's no other reason.

I was in the USAF in the late fifties and stationed in Morocco. A band of nomads on horses charged our base with guns and rifles, but I did not have fear. We just picked up our rifles and waited. Before they reached the fence, they turned around and left.

I have traveled around the world to over 190 countries. I have never had fear even when I walked around in strange cities where they don't speak English.

You are a queer.
OmSigDAVID
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 09:43 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
You had feelings of fear at age 8?
Well, I had a mild sense of disquiet,
insofar as I did not know how to defend my home,
if that became necessary; the best I had at the time
was a set of kitchen knives; not much, until I got a gun
from the other kids in the naborhood. Thay were abundant

I surmise that u consider 8 year olds to be fearless?
Is that what u think ?





cicerone imposter wrote:
You are "unusual" to say the least!
I will confess to that.





cicerone imposter wrote:
Your own family must have put the fear in you; there's no other reason.
"Must have"?? Really? What is your rationale??

U r in error; we did not have occasion to discuss the topic.
Thay never addressed the issue of "fear" in my presence,
nor did thay imply anything in regard to that emotion.







cicerone imposter wrote:
I was in the USAF in the late fifties and stationed in Morocco.
A band of nomads on horses charged our base with guns and rifles,
but I did not have fear. We just picked up our rifles and waited.
Before they reached the fence, they turned around and left.
That sounds a lot like a classic Approach-Avoidance Reaction.








cicerone imposter wrote:
I have traveled around the world to over 190 countries.
I have never had fear even when I walked around in strange cities
where they don't speak English.
I have also (not 190), tho I prefer taking cabs
over walking, for the most part.







cicerone imposter wrote:
You are a queer.
No; I don't go that way.
I prefer the ladies,
but I have friends of both genders who r homosexuals.

I will admit to having donated money
to the Pink Pistols, a homosexual defensive armament group.





David
farmerman
 
  4  
Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:02 am
@OmSigDAVID,
HMMM, my dad was military and he aided me into handling guns but I wasn't allowed to handle a 22 until I was at least 10 and a shotgun (he bought me a 2o gage dubble barrel) at 11.

An 8 year old should not be handling deadly force, I don't care how precocious he or she appears. First off 8 year olds need to develop a better sene of consequences .
I think your parents were low on the responsibility chart. You didn't live in ALaska's Kodiak Island where you had to walk to school past clumps of brown bwars? Or maybe in Chruchill where Polar bears came to the dump next door to scavange.

I don't buy your self aggrandizing story. When I was 8 years old I was about 65 pounds and was shown various weapons and told that I would be joining the small game party in a few years. (My dad only had a 45 side arm as army issue that he liberated in Burma)
cicerone imposter
 
  2  
Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:18 am
@farmerman,
You wrote,
Quote:
An 8 year old should not be handling deadly force, I don't care how precocious he or she appears. First off 8 year olds need to develop a better sene of consequences .


That's a mouth-full, but the likes of David will never understand such common sense.
0 Replies
 
parados
 
  5  
Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 11:30 am
@OmSigDAVID,
You tell us a story about how you feel you need a gun in case you are attacked then you claim you have no fear that you will be attacked? Really David, your own words speak pretty loud about your fears.
0 Replies
 
parados
 
  3  
Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 11:31 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

Human beings r not trustworthy.


And you claim you have no fears?
cicerone imposter
 
  2  
Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 11:45 am
@parados,
He relies on his gun-penis to feel safe. Brains not required.
OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 01:09 pm
@parados,
DAVID wrote:
Human beings r not trustworthy.
parados wrote:
And you claim you have no fears?
I do, yes.
Its a fact. I remain un-emotional.

My not trusting people is a recognition of fact.
There is no reason to fear it; just use it; e.g.,
don't leave your property around exposed to larceny.
Have defensive plans, like getting health insurance & keep your guns close.
That requires only good judgment, not emotion.
I deem that to be obvious.

Do u choose to think and plan with your emotions ?

I prefer dispassionate analysis.





David
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 01:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
He relies on his gun-penis to feel safe. Brains not required.
These tiny little effeminate ad hominem cuts
only indicate that u r petty and u have no credibility.

U define yourself as not to be taken seriously.
cicerone imposter
 
  3  
Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 01:58 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I just calls em the way I sees em. Mr. Green
My description is pretty accurate - FMPOV.
I take you "seriously," because you are a danger to society at large.
Your swagger and manhood is based on your gun-penis.
OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 02:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
I just calls em the way I sees em. Mr. Green
My description is pretty accurate - FMPOV.
I 'll concede that it is your POV,
however effeminate that may be.


cicerone imposter wrote:

I take you "seriously," because you are a danger to society at large.
Thank u. I have tried. Fortuately, the USSC is on my side.





cicerone imposter wrote:
Your swagger and manhood is based on your gun-penis.
Neither. I don't swagger.

I just play with u, as I use to with JTT,
as I wud with a puppy, not taking his opinions seriously.

In earlier years, u posted more leftist substance
rather than petty ad hominem foolishness.
cicerone imposter
 
  2  
Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 02:12 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
You wrote,
Quote:
however effeminate that may be.


Prove your asinine statement?
cicerone imposter
 
  2  
Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 02:13 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
They're not "petty," but accurate descriptions of a gun-nut brains.
OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 02:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes, reference is to your chronic
tiny, little girl-like petty ad hominem cuts,
instead of offering matters of substance.
The latter is suitable for debate,
not the former.





David
OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 02:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
They're not "petty," but accurate descriptions of a gun-nut brains.
U tire me.
I grow weary of arguing with a fool.

I 'd rather argue substance,
not petty ad hominem off-topic bickering.





David
 

Related Topics

Drumsticks - Discussion by H2O MAN
nobody respects an oath breaker - Discussion by gungasnake
Marksmanship - Discussion by H2O MAN
Kids and Guns by the Numbers - Discussion by jcboy
CO gun-grabbers go down in flames in recall - Discussion by gungasnake
Personal Defense Weapons (PDW) - Discussion by H2O MAN
Self defense with a gun - Discussion by H2O MAN
It's a sellers market - Discussion by H2O MAN
 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/22/2022 at 10:45:30