Guns aren't stupid, People with Guns Are.

parados

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 10:04 am
Quote:
HUNTSVILLE — A teenager was shot and killed at a Walker County residence over the weekend in what is being investigated as an accidental shooting.

Officers with the Walker County Sheriff’s Office responded to a call of a reported shooting at a home in the 3000 block of Highway 19 in the early morning hours of May 18. Deputies discovered that two young boys were involved and one had been fatally shot.

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Teen-Shot-and-Killed-in-Walker-Co-Investigated-as-Accident-208613851.html#.UZ496RJJxko
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 10:33 am
@parados,
parados, Isn't it amazing that all these "accidental" killings - especially of children, have no effect on these gun-lovers? NONE.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 11:06 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
parados, Isn't it amazing that all these "accidental" killings - especially of children,
have no effect on these gun-lovers? NONE.
How many car-lovers have thrown their cars away
because of vehicular collisions of other people ?
There have been many more injuries n deaths from crashing cars
than from guns. I have met many, many people who have been
involved in automotive collisions, including myself several times,
but I have never met anyone who was accidentally shot.

For years, decades, centuries & millennia, I have advocated
hands-on gun training in the public schools, at the earliest possible age,
to enhance accuracy and safety.

Around World War I, the US Director of Civilian Marksmanship
was established to promote the proper use of guns
from high school on up thru college.

David
parados

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 11:15 am
@OmSigDAVID,
All cars which leave owners property are registered with the government. Registration is done on a yearly basis with a fee paid to government. That registration in the form of a vehicle license must be clearly visible at all times.

All users of cars that leave owner's property are registered with the government.

All users of cars are required to take a test and be licensed. That license is updated at regular intervals.

All cars are required to have safety equipment to protect themselves and others. Failure to have and use that safety equipment is enforced by police.

All vehicles must also have insurance. Proof of that insurance must be with the vehicle and presented to law enforcement when asked.

If you are willing to advocate that all of the above occur with guns that occur with cars then we can talk about them being equal. Until then you are just driving a red herring around your guns.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 11:24 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
All cars which leave owners property are registered with the government. Registration is done on a yearly basis with a fee paid to government. That registration in the form of a vehicle license must be clearly visible at all times.

All users of cars that leave owner's property are registered with the government.

All users of cars are required to take a test and be licensed. That license is updated at regular intervals.

All cars are required to have safety equipment to protect themselves and others. Failure to have and use that safety equipment is enforced by police.

All vehicles must also have insurance. Proof of that insurance must be with the vehicle and presented to law enforcement when asked.

If you are willing to advocate that all of the above occur with guns that occur with cars then we can talk about them being equal. Until then you are just driving a red herring around your guns.
Actually, we have never asserted the argument
that cars r lethal weapons and therefore entitled to 2nd Amendment immunity from jurisdiction.

(So far as I know), that question has never been adjudicated.

David
parados

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 01:29 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

that cars r lethal weapons and therefore entitled to 2nd Amendment immunity from jurisdiction.

David

So you agree with the rest of us that you are talking out of your ass when you post things like this?
Quote:

A bad analogy is still a bad analogy even if you claim you weren't trying to make an analogy after you made it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 01:53 pm
@parados,
They're full of straw man side shows, because they can't honestly answer that guns kill their own family members.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 09:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Occasionally, u need to kill your family members.

It has happened.
It happened long b4 guns were invented.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 09:05 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

David

So you agree with the rest of us that you are talking out of your ass when you post things like this?
Quote:

A bad analogy is still a bad analogy even if you claim you weren't trying to make an analogy after you made it.
I suspect that u r only faking
being as stupid as u pretend,
because your anti-liberty philosophy is being defeated.

David
parados

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 06:54 am
@OmSigDAVID,

I suspect that u r only faking
being as smart as u claim
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 06:56 am
Quote:
Accidental gunshot

A man from Postfoot Circle was treated for an accidental gunshot wound Saturday afternoon.

The man was already in the ambulance when deputies arrived at his home so they spoke with his wife.

The deputies were told a family friend was at their house and they were all talking when the woman said she bought a new gun.

The man asked to hold it, so she retrieved it from her car and handed it to him.

Minutes later a shot was heard and the man said he had shot himself.

The man did not know the gun was loaded.

http://www.gtowntimes.com/Crime/POLICE-BLOTTER-Dog-dragged-as-punishment
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 07:00 am
Quote:
A Boulder police officer will not face criminal charges following an accidental shooting in Highlands Ranch in which a man was injured by the officer's gun, according to officials.

Douglas County sheriff's Sgt. Ron Hanavan said the officer -- who was off-duty -- and two friends were working on a car at a home in the 400 block of Spring Grove Avenue on May 3 when the shooting occurred.

Investigators said the officer and another male were in the back seat of the car while another man was in the trunk. The man in the trunk accidentally set off a gun that was in the trunk of the car. The bullet hit the man in the back seat, and the victim was transported to a nearby hospital for treatment.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_23309384/no-charges-against-boulder-cop-over-accidental-shooting
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 07:02 am
Quote:
A paralyzed woman told police a gunshot wound to her leg was accidentally self-inflicted Saturday afternoon.

The 41-year-old Rantoul woman was taken to Riverside Medical Center shortly before 4 p.m. Saturday for a gunshot wound to her inner right thigh. The woman, paralyzed from the waist down and confined to a wheelchair, told Kankakee County sheriff's police that she shot herself while looking at a friend's pistol in Pembroke Township.

The woman told officers, who were called to the hospital's emergency room, that she felt the gun while hugging the friend — who has not been identified — and asked to the see the weapon.

http://daily-journal.com/archives/dj/display.php?id=506633

Is that a gun in your pocket? Can I shoot myself with it?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 07:05 am
Quote:
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) - One man was hurt after a gun went off in a garage on McKee Street early Wednesday morning.

Fort Wayne police responded to the 2100 block of McKee Street around 12:30 a.m. and found a man suffering from a gunshot wound.

The unidentified man was taken to the hospital in fair condition.

Investigators said as many as eight people witnessed the shooting, but two people left before police arrived.

The gun was either being placed into a bag or fell to the ground when it discharged, according to investigators. Detectives said several witnesses provided varying descriptions of what happened.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/local/pd-man-hurt-in-accidental-shooting
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 10:05 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Yes, they kill their family members, because one of the members is mentally unstable, angry, or by accident.

And it's not "occasionally" as parados has shown with the many "accidents" in the home of gun owners.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 10:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Yes, they kill their family members, because one of the members is mentally unstable, angry, or by accident.
That is a pretty good reason to kill the mentally unstable family member,
if he becomes homicidally hostile. That HAS happened.

I wish the victim GOOD LUCK, in self defense.

Defensive guns are HEALTH INSURANCE
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 25 May, 2013 10:05 am
@OmSigDAVID,
You wrote,
Quote:

Except for all those killed in their own homes by their own family members - which includes mostly CHILDREN.

How many deranged family members have been killed by another family member by a gun? I'll let YOU count the ways.

A deranged family member should be taken to a mental institution; not shot to death by a gun happy idiot.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 25 May, 2013 06:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You wrote,
DAVID wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
Except for all those killed in their own homes by their own family members - which includes mostly CHILDREN.
Children have maliciously murdered other members of their families,
using many different kinds of weapons.
Their victims shud not put up with that.
That is what defensive guns are for.

cicerone imposter wrote:
A deranged family member should be taken to a mental institution; not shot to death by a gun happy idiot.
That is a stupid thing to say.
If the deranged person has become dangerously violent,
then his victims owe it to themselves to SURVIVE intact,
by killing the "deranged family member".
I wish them good luck with that.

David
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 25 May, 2013 07:01 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
"Maliciously?" I heard most of them were by accident. Can you provide a reliable source for your claim?
Quote:
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 25 May, 2013 07:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
"Maliciously?" I heard most of them were by accident. Can you provide a reliable source for your claim?
Quote:

OK, how about this:
I saw a true story account on TV (maybe 20/20 or Dateline etc.)
of a family of father, mother and 2 boys, the elder of whom
had graduated from college. Thay were celebrating the alleged
college graduation of the younger lad, by a meal at a restaurant,
after which thay returned home, where thay were all shot
by a criminal. Mother and older boy were killed.
The other boy survived, and father accidentally survived.
(Incompetent assassin.)

It turned out that the younger son had secretly dropped out
of college; he continued to accept money from his father,
until his expected graduation.

He had recruited a student to murder all the members
of his family (and to slightly wound him, for appearances sake)
so that he cud inherit their $2,OOO,OOO home
and pay the assassin from the proceeds.
Police caught them; confessed.

Then there was Lyle Menendez & his brother,
who murdered their father n mother in California.

Andrea Yates individually drowned each of her
approximately 5 (un-armed) children in her bathtub
(dragged the last one back after he fled and drowned him;
she thought it was for his own good).

There r many, many more examples.
About maybe 30 years ago, a Sicilian retired plumber
nabor of mine in his 70s murdered his son, in his 40s
because of a quarrel regarding their respective dogs
who had fought, earlier in the day.

A legal secretary of mine and her mother
were convicted of beating her grandparents to death.

U need more, C. I. ?
0 Replies