Lola at the Coffee House

Lola

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 10:22 pm
I have a terrible headache. I've gotta sit and shut my eyes for a while. See you folks tomorrow.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 04:15 am
@Lola,

Saying "hello!"

But if anyone asks, you ain't seen me, right?

Can I finish up the coffee and biscuit crumbs on this table here?
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 05:18 am
@Lola,
Wow...with the jacket he looks so sophisticated.

Isn't that jacket the same color as Hannibal Lecter wore at the end of "Silence of the Lambs?"
spendius

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 05:22 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
dear photo to me, taken off the cuff, when I was leaving the famoso bookstore.

I'm walking backwards for Christmas.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 05:27 am
@Frank Apisa,
ell, its the same jacket Frank. Bernie got it at a prop auction. Seems hes actually a cereal killer, thats why Lola cashed him in.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 08:53 am
@McTag,
Quote:
But if anyone asks, you ain't seen me, right?

We ain't seen nobody, McTag. But you don't have to each the crumbs. Wassau will bring you your own.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 08:55 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Wow...with the jacket he looks so sophisticated.

Isn't that jacket the same color as Hannibal Lecter wore at the end of "Silence of the Lambs?"

Spendi:
Quote:
I'm walking backwards for Christmas.

fm:
Quote:
Well, its the same jacket Frank. Bernie got it at a prop auction. Seems hes actually a cereal killer, that's why Lola cashed him in.

All true.
spendius

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 09:13 am
@Lola,
"The sky's up" is true. Which one made you smile?
ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 01:47 pm
Quiet here today. Look, the entire Sunday NYT!!
Ok, I'll share. Do they still have an architecture section? (or is that only my imagination in retrospect?)
Geez, no one's touched the puzzle.
Dammit, where is my ball point pen when I need it.
Oh, here it is.

Wassau? Are you here? How are you?
Well, that's good to hear. You take care now.
I'd like a snack, if you have any of those no knead dough flatbreads left, please, and add a jar of almond sage/fennel/parsley/garlic/pepper cream cheese spread - I hope we're not out of it, it goes so fast.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 01:56 pm
@ossobuco,
Morning, Osso.

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Than it dawned on me.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 02:01 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I see it's around 10 am there. Excellent time of day.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 02:04 pm
@ossobuco,
Y're right -- it's an excellent time of day. Breakfast's done gone and it's way too early to think about lunch. Wassail can take a break.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 02:04 pm
@ossobuco,
this virtual food. Ive got some virtual GERDs
Lola

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 02:40 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
this virtual food. Ive got some virtual GERDs

Ahh, poor fm. GERDs is the bad. Prevacid works. But I don't know if we have any virtual Prevacid. Wassau?..........
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 02:42 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
"The sky's up" is true. Which one made you smile?

They all made me laugh. Which one the most........I'm not sayin. Wassau, which one did you think was the funniest?

BTW, what does anyone here know about bed bugs and how to get rid of them?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 02:51 pm
@Lola,
Lola wrote:
BTW, what does anyone here know about bed bugs and how to get rid of them?

Ha! Bedbugs! Double ha!

I had a problem with bedbugs in a sleeper sofa I was sleeping on in Boston just before I chucked the mainland and moved out here to the Sandwich Isles. Tried all kinds of sprays; nothing seemed to work. So I walked down the street to the local CVS to see if our friendly resident pharmacist might have some advice. This was in December 2008. This worthy gentleman, a Japanese-American with a twinkle in his eye, told me: "What you do is you put that sofa out on the sidewalk. By March or thereabouts, the problem should be gone. They'll freeze. Nothing to worry about."

Sprays? Poison? He declined to recommend anything his store carried.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 03:02 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I'm terrified of getting those, it can be a big deal to get rid of them.

I saved a bunch of online what to do's and I'll find the links if you want, Lola. But first you might check the NYTimes and what they say about them.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 03:05 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
spendi could breathe on em. His emissions and exudates are toxic, or so Ive heard
blatham

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 05:00 pm
Above, someone mentioned design and someone else mentioned stylish jackets on stylish men. Various people went on about food. There was a remark about serial killers, one about Finnish carpenters, and a third about a battle ax and this last set of three are drawn nicely together in a recent biography of Margaret Thatcher who, while in college in London and suffering the sexual terror that would accompany her throughout her life, sought out in those dark Soho evenings, Finnish carpenters and beheaded them.

In any case, however, I am presently working to enhance the appearance of my twin brother's house and yard. Today, it's the garden shed and here's the door I've put in, to match my standards... https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&rlz=1C2CHFX_enCA525CA525&q=art+doors&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43287494,d.aWM&biw=1187&bih=848&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=Cl4-UdLjO5HSqwGwpYC4Cw#imgrc=oaet71kBy3mfMM%3A%3B0qvsspUB-MhS0M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.homeownernut.com%252Fuploadedfiles%252F2010%252F03%252Fart-nouveau-door-1s.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.homeownernut.com%252Fclosed-doors-for-open-minds.html%3B238%3B350
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 05:01 pm
Well, that didn't work. And I give up easily.