@blatham,
<bump>

that the one?
spendius

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 05:58 pm
@Lola,
Quote:
They all made me laugh.

I would go for sense of humour evening classes if I was you Lola.
spendius

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 06:00 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
He declined to recommend anything his store carried.

That's seriously worthy. So much so that I'm tapping the side of my nose and raising an eyebrow or two.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 06:03 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
spendi could breathe on em. His emissions and exudates are toxic, or so Ive heard

That's no good fm. What you do is let them all have a bite. That'll do 'em in.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 06:12 pm
Ah, I was fooled. Good fooled. though.
Lola

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 07:57 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Yes, they will freeze. But it depends on which article you read about how cold it has to be. Some say below freezing 32 degrees. Another said below 0 degrees. And still another said if you open the windows and set up some fans, that will do it.......or turn the air conditioner on. Well, there are other horribly scary things written about bed bugs and how to get rid of them. But the exterminators mostly say that they'll come out with a sniffing dog and a light and do an inspection and then, if they find them, it costs a minimum of $1,000.00.

And I would have to pay it too because it turns out that only DDT will kill em and it's banned in the U.S., as we all know, or other equally deadly toxic-to-humans kinds of poisons and sprays. No, the $1,000.00 pays for a heat treatment, which has to be repeated three times.

I suppose in Texas, all a person would have to do it haul their mattress and box springs and bed frame out on the side walk behind the house all Summer. But, I think most neighborhood associations would object........and besides where would one sleep in the mean time? Besides they can get into the walls and behind framed pictures and in the folds of drapes, not to mention the mattress, etc. Yuck

All this because I went uptown to the posh (yes, spendi, POSH) hotel and I now have a few red bite looking things on various parts of my body. They look like the photo of bed bug bites, but they don't exactly follow the same pattern. Finally this afternoon late, I talked to one kind exterminator type person who said that I hadn't been back home from the hotel long enough for the little suckers to have matured and multiplied in enough numbers to be biting me already. He says that these are most likely the bites I got in NY at the posh hotel. It can take up to 12 days for the bites to show up. Amazing.

Anyway, after last night's mad, thorough and fastidious washing, drying, steaming of the box springs and bed frame and vacuuming, my room and bed are so clean a bed bug wouldn't dare try to grow up big enough to bite me much less procreate. The exterminator guy said that I very likely didn't bring the little suckers home with me since I didn't put my suit case on the bed at the hotel, etc...........

That's enough about bed bugs, unless someone else has something more to add.

And fm, I'll try asking spendi very nicely to breath on them if they do dare to show up anytime now or in the future. But I somehow think he'll refuse. Anyway, he's afraid to come to our shores because he's afraid some gun fanatic will shoot him.
Lola

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 08:00 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I would go for sense of humour evening classes if I was you Lola.

I'll consider it, spendi.......right after I get over my mad cleaning episode. But I will admit. What you wrote was really funny. But do understand that I was still under the influence of the mad bed bug frenzy when I read it. Nothing seems too funny under such conditions.
Lola

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 08:01 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Ah, I was fooled. Good fooled. though.

Fooled........what fooled you osso?
ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 08:12 pm
@Lola,
No, no, lola, please don't be having bedbug trouble.

If so, I'll batter at you with stuff I've saved online.

At the least. throw the clothes in the dryer..
blatham

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 08:13 pm
@ehBeth,
The very one, indeed. And is it not incredible?

You're like a wizard, bethie. I can't even spell abakuss.
Ice Demon

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 08:18 pm
@Lola,
New York, a place where the expression "Don't let the bed bugs bite" is a warning. How fun?
I heard bugs are very nutritious and healthy for ya. Could I get a strawberry banana bedbug smoothie?
Lola

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 08:21 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
At the least. throw the clothes in the dryer..

The clothes..........all my clothes have either been in the dryer for hours or are in plastic bags awaiting the dryer treatment. Never let it be said that I was half assed about bed bugs. The clothes and all the pillows and blankets and coverlets and you-name-it are in the dryer. I've removed all "clutter" from under and around the bed, indeed from the room altogether. So if I get them, it won't be because I didn't try.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 08:21 pm
@Ice Demon,
but bedbugs are not actually funny, unless you are endlessly rich to get them out.
Lola

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 08:22 pm
@blatham,
Nice to see you here Mr. Bernie. I see you found the right thread.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 08:23 pm
@Lola,
Listening.
I'll send you what links I can.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 08:23 pm
We had a bedbug scare at the apartments. The man was convinced they were biting him. By way of prevention, we hired a crew to steam the apartment. What I think bit him for real were some very tiny spiders.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 08:25 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
but bedbugs are not actually funny, unless you are endlessly rich to get them out.

Yes, that's true Ice. Listen to osso. Now, you wanted a bed bug smoothie? Wassau, Sybil, do you have any spare bugs? Not bed bugs? Oh well, any bugs will do for Ice. Let's not hold back.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 08:27 pm
You didn't see one?
Did?

Anyway, time for me to accrue what I know from links.
In the morning.
Lola

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 08:32 pm
@ossobuco,
No, after much looking and vacuuming and looking some more and steaming with the steamer and looking some more, I didn't see any. Anyway, the exterminator guy said I hadn't been home from NY long enough. He says they multiply rather slowly, so I shouldn't worry. I have been home long enough for the bites to be finally showing. So, I'm assuming that's what it is. And I will of course be vigilant for a very long time for any signs of real actual bugs. I am delighted that there are no bugs.