Lola at the Coffee House

spendius

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 05:14 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
She stabbed her boyfriend 2 dozen times, shot him, and almost decapitated him.

Perhaps he bloody well asked for it. It seems a very unusual thing to do to somebody who hadn't.

Executing a beautiful lady for a crime of passion was the last straw here for CP. It amazed me they could find anybody to carry it out. I certainly couldn't have.

Could you have performed the duty Tico?

Placing the lady on death row will, no doubt, create a large amount of legal fees and thus assist in getting economic growth back on track.
spendius

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 05:17 pm
@firefly,
Isn't She just lovely ff? When it comes to bling She is out of sight.
farmerman

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 07:25 pm
@firefly,
If I commited a murder, Id go for a surfeit of cannoli defense.

PS, the queens fangs are showing a bit. I thought she only went into Full Wogge during a filling moon.
George

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 07:27 pm
Apparently we ARE amused.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 08:53 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Perhaps he bloody well asked for it

You don't believe in the death penalty because that's "barbaric", but you're trying to try to justify the slaughter of someone, by his ex-girlfriend, by trying to blame the victim for his own murder? So capital punishment is all right if it's delivered by an individual--the way Jodi Arias delivered it to her ex-boyfriend perhaps because, "he bloody well asked for it"--but it wouldn't be all right if the state delivered it to Jodi Arias because she, "bloody well asked for it," by committing a pre-meditated, and quite savage, murder? I fail to see your logic.

The murder victim in this case, Travis Alexander, had definitely not "asked for it". The ongoing relationship between the two ended almost a year before the murder took place. Except that, during that year, Jodi continued to stalk her ex-boyfriend, to slash his car tires, etc.--she was the one who wouldn't let go of the relationship. And this was not a murder committed suddenly, in the heat of passion, or in self defense, it was premeditated--and it was quite brutal--and the jury got this one exactly right with their verdict.

Try reading about it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Travis_Alexander

Well, about 20 minutes after hearing the verdict, Jodi Arias gave an interview to a TV station in which she said she'd prefer the death penalty to life in prison--something she's also said before.

Quote:
She said in a tearful post-conviction interview that she preferred a death sentence, the Associated Press reported Wednesday evening.

Minutes after the verdict was handed down, she spoke with Fox affiliate KSAZ and said that she would "prefer to die sooner than later" and that "death is the ultimate freedom"...

Arias spoke to Fox affiliate KSAZ in an exclusive courtroom interview about 20 minutes after the verdict was read. Arias was mostly calm and chose her words carefully during the 45-minute interview, appearing to hold back tears a few times, much as she did during the trial, according to the interview.

She said she hoped her sentence would be the death penalty.

"The worst outcome for me would be natural life (in prison). I would much rather die sooner rather than later," she said.

Arias said she is healthy, doesn't smoke and that longevity runs in her family. That means she would expect to live in prison for a long time.

"I said years ago I'd rather get death than life," she said. "I believe death is the ultimate freedom."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/08/jodi-arias-trial-deliberations-verdict/2143925/

So, why would you be against giving this woman what she says she wants? She asking for the death penalty.
Quote:
Placing the lady on death row will, no doubt, create a large amount of legal fees and thus assist in getting economic growth back on track.

No, the bill for Jodi Arias' defense is footed by the taxpayers--and she's already cost them $1.7 million dollars. She's helping to bleed the economy--the way she helped her ex-boyfriend to bleed all over his home by stabbing him over 24 times, shooting him in the head, and slashing his throat from ear to ear.
firefly

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 09:04 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Isn't She just lovely ff? When it comes to bling She is out of sight.

She does have some rather fantastic bling. Smile Which she gets to wear while riding in fairy-tale carriages. It's good to be the Queen. Smile

And, I must say, the total effect of how she looked today, in Parliament, was rather Queenly. Quite regal indeed.

She also looks marvelous for a woman her age.

Think we should ask her grandson, Prince Harry, to drop by this café when he comes to NYC this week? I bet he's a lively fellow to have around.

Wassau, what do you suggest as a good late-night snack? I'm a little hungry, but not too hungry, if you know what I mean.

0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 09:24 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
If I commited a murder, Id go for a surfeit of cannoli defense.

Well, since Twinkies are no longer available, what other choice would you have? Wink

Hmmm...cannoli sounds like a perfect late night snack. Oh, Wassau dear, do you happen to have any cannoli?
http://www.academiabarilla.com/anteprima_sicilia_cannoli__mg_9526_0326.aspx
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 11:22 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
Could you have performed the duty Tico?

Hard to say. Thankfully, that's not my job.

Quote:

Are you kidding? Her trial's been going on since January 2nd. Her legal fees are already over a million dollars.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 01:31 am
@spendius,
Timothy Spall is brilliant in this biopic of Albert Pierrepoint.

0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 03:35 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Oh I missed this page, was there alot of bumping ? Wink
Fanks Diane and Beth.

Vonny told me, thanks Ms Von.

You can be sure I will up-load photobucket photos, tell you how my stomach was, from eating the Thai food, how much I drank maybe, maybve not, where I went, how many monkeys pulled my hair, you should also google Phuket and what to see Shocked but um, we will go and have a look at the main town at night Smile Mr. Green Only 50 once. 6 weeks, sorry Diane, Beth and others you will have to put up with me for a further 6 WEEKS Mr. Green 18th of June.... D and my 50th gawd................................................that's huge huh. NA... Young ones... or something.

And, I'm sorry Kia, no getting up at 6.30am daily, nightly for your injections but I've got you covered baby. Mummy can sleep in for the first time in 2 years, thank you xx

vonny

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 03:39 am
@FOUND SOUL,
I must admit, you had me worried! I thought you'd said you were going away in June - but then Diane and ehBeth wished you good hols - and Lola told me to have a good time - bit of confusion somewhere. Thanks for clearing it up!
spendius

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 03:42 am
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
Hard to say. Thankfully, that's not my job.

One ought to decide nevertheless.

Quote:
Her legal fees are already over a million dollars.

Won't they show up in the GDP figures?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 03:44 am
@vonny,
Yeah, work load I kind of tell half stories... Sorry about that Von.

Sooooo also, I won't be here to wish BETH a happy BIRTHDAY on the 19TH.. But I shall remember just before I go and PM an early one.... And, here, A WRITTEN ONE now... Cause I also am a Gemini, so I can do things twice......

0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 03:46 am
@spendius,
I can't comprehend Spendius that it is "his fault" to be stabbed 24 times, slashed, and cut away like that. '

I do get hatered............... But then you cut something else off right? Or stab a few times, if you've lost it, she went beyond that.

Just saying.
spendius

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 04:28 am
@firefly,
I think there's a difference between such a crime and a judicial execution. I was in no way trying to justify her actions.

The "experts" have found that even accidents are self induced. Not all of them obviously. It's a probability question.

Last year the US had 4o odd executions and about 14,000 murders. And 15 states have no CP. Neither does the European Union. It is a condition of entry into the EU that CP is abolished.

In the case involved the crime is "hot blooded". Judicial executions are cold blooded. There is a difference. In the latter case we are all implicated in a democratic system and genetic determinants are not. In the former we are not implicated and individual genetic endowment does play a part.

A murder cannot be seen as "capital punishment".

Could you do the job? I would rather face a firing squad.

I don't think she will be executed even if she is sentenced to death.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 04:34 am
Quote:

"The worst outcome for me would be natural life (in prison). I would much rather die sooner rather than later," she said.

This is the clasical "Dont throw me inta that briar patch" request.

"I wants the deth penalty, dont NEVER give me life"
spendius

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 04:47 am
@FOUND SOUL,
I said "perhaps" FS. A man should not play with female emotions lightheartedly.

Jane Austen deals with the subject in regard to Captain Wentworth's relations with Mary Elliot.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 05:55 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:

This is the clasical "Dont throw me inta that briar patch" request.

"I wants the deth penalty, dont NEVER give me life"

Interesting you say that, Farmerman.

If it were my fate being decided...I would take death in a second over life in prison without the possibility of parole. And I am 76.

The alternative most often offered for the death penalty is "life imprisonment without the possibility of parole."

If ever there were a cruel and unusual punishment...THAT is it. In my opinion, death, particularly by chemical injection, is much more humane.

I cannot imagine her being anything but truthful in saying that she would prefer death.

ehBeth

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 06:22 am
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:
18th of June.... D and my 50th gawd................................................that's huge huh. NA... Young ones... or something.

50 is young

or at least that's the way I remember it Laughing

We are the twin twins eh.
farmerman

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 07:41 am
@Frank Apisa,
I think that everyones really a coward in the face of death. At least in prison I could escape into whats left of my mind and Id start painting a new series of life incarcerated.

Shes a fake nd a pathological liar so why not a poseur?
You only have to watch her or a few minute and from her body language she excretes something that is redolent with deceipt.

She doesnt look at anyone, her eyes are dead.

Other than that, Id do her