Lola at the Coffee House

firefly

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 08:15 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I cannot imagine her being anything but truthful in saying that she would prefer death.

I can't imagine this woman being truthful about anything.
Quote:

If it were my fate being decided...I would take death in a second over life in prison without the possibility of parole.

I wouldn't. I would prefer life in prison, I would rather be alive, and live in the extremely restricted environment of a prison, than be dead.

I think it's possible to create a meaningful quality of life for oneself even if incarcerated for the long term, even if incarcerated for life. A lot depends on the attitude you take regarding your situation.

You can develop friendships, even close friendships, while in prison, you can read, write, and learn--Arias is a high school dropout, in prison she can get a GED, earn a college degree, and even a graduate degree, simply for the sake of intellectual stimulation and the enjoyment of learning things--she can pursue her artistic interests, Arias likes to draw (her family has sold her work on e-bay) and she could become a quite accomplished artist. She can work at a job in the prison, partake of whatever activities are offered, become involved with religion, etc. Probably the hardest thing to deal with in prison is boredom and monotony, so it's important, essential, to find ways of coping with that. Arias has already been incarcerated for four years, so she must have begun to develop some coping strategies.

I don't think she will receive a death sentence, she might not even get life without parole--she might get the option of parole after 25 years. Today the prosecutor must first establish that her crime was sufficiently cruel and depraved to even warrant consideration of the death penalty by the jury. To do that, he will have to elaborate on how she made her victim suffer before he died, and I can't imagine how Travis Alexander's family will be able to sit through that.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 10:10 am
If I bump, will you still respect me?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 10:11 am
@farmerman,
maybe a more gentle tap
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 10:49 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Other than that, Id do her

In a New York second!!!!
firefly

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 11:15 am
@Frank Apisa,
Better remember what she did to the last guy who "did her". Wink

She had sex with him just before she killed him.
spendius

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 11:21 am
@firefly,
Quote:

Maybe he disappointed her and failed to show proper respect.

Hey--there's an ad here on this page for an Organic Manure Supplier. Did I mention cow-****?
firefly

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 11:21 am
Wassau, I'm craving something comforting for lunch. I think your lobster bisque will fill the bill.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-f83d70VSzKQ/TxH0qM7-f5I/AAAAAAAAEBs/yH_VVlZbIOY/s320/Bisque.jpg
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 11:25 am
@spendius,
Quote:

Hey--there's an ad here on this page for an Organic Manure Supplier. Did I mention cow-****?

Have you checked the bottom of your shoes lately? Laughing
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 11:42 am
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Better remember what she did to the last guy who "did her". Wink

I always take precautions...and PRECAUTION would certainly be called for if the deed were ever done...which I am certain it won't. Wink
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 11:49 am
Ladies, I think it would be festive and fun if we all wore hats for lunch one day.
 http://graphics8.nytimes.com/ads/marketing/mm13/video/1367887082671_us.jpg
What think you?

ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 11:58 am
@firefly,
Sure. Here's mine -

http://s7.jcrew.com/is/image/jcrew/74503_NA6445?$pdp_fs418$
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 12:05 pm
@firefly,
Count me in! Love hats - almost all hats - some beauties in this picture!
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/ads/marketing/mm13/video/1367887082671_us.jpg
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 12:30 pm
An interesting restaurant located a few miles from my home, is featured on Kitchen Nightmares' finale, to be broadcast tomorrow. The show has been leaked to youtube.

I'm glad Wassau doesn't treat his guests this way ...

vonny

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 02:07 pm
@Ticomaya,
First time I've seen Kitchen Nightmares - watched it all! Very entertaining. Don't think I'd like to eat there ... virtual food is much safer, tastier, and looks a lot better!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 03:07 pm
@Ticomaya,
We had a series about airports and their clients. We never really knew whether it was faked or not. It was a bit OTT at times.

We had another later about restaurants with that Mr Ramsey in the starring role but I never saw any of it as I knew what they were up to.

They were bleeping well having us silly bleepers on. It was startling that they didn't show various items being added to the soups and sauces which the menu had omitted to mention.

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 03:21 pm
@spendius,
Nothing faked about that show. Other than the guests in the restaurant know going in that are were showing up for the taping of a Kitchen Nightmares episode. The owner really is bat **** crazy.

Ramsey had another show, Hell's Kitchen, that was pretty good.
spendius

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 03:32 pm
@Ticomaya,
The Coach and Horses in Greek Street, Soho, used to have a reputation for treating customers offhandedly. Geoffrey Barnard was a regular. I think the landlord was called Monty Balon. Barnard wrote about the place regularly in The Spectator.

I visited it once but the lady I was protecting refused to use the toilets so I didn't stay long.
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 03:40 pm
@spendius,
Back in your bodyguard days?
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 03:43 pm
@ehBeth,
You're still young Very Happy And, I still feel 35 on most days !!

The twin twins in-deed - who would have thought Wink
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 03:46 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I said "perhaps" FS. A man should not play with female emotions lightheartedly.

This is true, this is true.

As I woman I digress and will not comment further if I was to look at man verses woman, where a form of murder is concerned.... over emotions... no I can not comment...

FF, Turn the pink hat up-side down and lets dance and see if anyone throws us a few dollars, we all need a small holiday......

Think i will sit back and enjoy a coffee and watch the videos (thanks) can't wait, Ramsey is a character.....

0 Replies