Lola at the Coffee House

Lola

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 11:17 pm
Hi y'all.
Mexican food and wine...........no, margarita with extra extra salt for me. So what if it's midnight? I'm hungry and virtual food is just what I need.

Now, off to bed-i-bye..............

0 Replies

Lola

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 11:17 pm
oh bother bump
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 11:18 pm
trying again to bump
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 11:18 pm
still no go..........bump
vonny

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 03:59 am
@Lola,
Please may I have a stiff drink, Wassau. Don't usually drink alcohol so early in the morning, but this has been a rough day already! A double vodka, please, with just a splash of oak water for flavour. Haven't tried oak water yet, but hear it's becoming popular.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 04:29 am
@firefly,
Quote:
I much prefer convivial.

And we would still be swinging in the trees if our nature was convivial because all the material progress has resulted from arguing. Ever heard of the dialectic ff?

We don't get far tweeting tender nothings at each other although I will admit that it is very easy and very safe. No effort and no risk. No pain, no gain. Anti-American it seems to me.

Why don't you get up a Committee and have a Members Only sign on the door? That's what liberals are fond of doing.
spendius

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 04:31 am
@firefly,
Quote:
I want to get some pansies for the pots outside my front door.

That's about all pansies are fit for.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 04:59 am
Sweet, Mr Bumble?
Yes, Mum. Very sweet.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 12:33 pm
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/577701_569974349703542_477974930_n.jpg
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 03:32 pm
@spendius,

Quote:
That's about all pansies are fit for.

Pansies are very pretty, and the varieties! Oh!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 03:42 pm
It is Music Monday in Canada today.

http://www.musicmonday.ca/

I hope everybody's in the mood to sing Very Happy ... and if not, edgarblyth's pal has a ride for you

Quote:
Astronaut Chris Hadfield and Barenaked Ladies frontman Ed Robertson have collaborated between earth and space to co-write the official song for Music Monday 2013. The end-result features Hadfield playing the song from the International Space Station, while Robertson and the Wexford Gleeks, a TDSB school choir, join him to unite in song with schools and communities across our nation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AvAnfi8WpVE
spendius

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 04:56 pm
@ehBeth,
Sounds a bit forced to me Beth. A lot of phone calls, meetings, memos, e-mails, handshakes and brown envelopes.

A sort of recipe for "Wowing Dummies" pudding: a delicacy containing no nutrient and, as such, popular at affected gumpie fund raisers.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 06:06 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
And we would still be swinging in the trees if our nature was convivial because all the material progress has resulted from arguing. Ever heard of the dialectic ff?

We don't get far tweeting tender nothings at each other although I will admit that it is very easy and very safe. No effort and no risk. No pain, no gain. Anti-American it seems to me.

This is only half true, spendi. It's true there's no motivation, story or action without conflict. But there's also no learning or progress without rational problem solving and empathy. The way you talk, you'd think that we move forward through scorn and punishment. A person needs to learn to negotiate and speak rationally and with respect to others. Do please try to come to your senses and stop playing the Socratic gadfly, stinging your fellow cafeites. It's not needed or wise.

Or the other option is to do as Beth does so well. Dance, sing, eat and have fun.
Diane

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 08:39 pm
@Lola,
Beautifully said, Lola.
Lola

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 08:44 pm
@Diane,
Quote:
Beautifully said, Lola.

Hi Diane, It's nice to see you here. We've been through some things together, haven't we?
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 09:50 pm
@Lola,
Quote:
Dance, sing, eat and have fun.

I'm all for the eating and having fun.

Had some quite nice curried lamb for dinner.
http://lubbockonline.com/images/100805/35169_256.jpg
Haven't had either curry or lamb in a while, so that made it even more of a treat.
The puppy, who is definitely into having fun, enjoyed some lamb too, although his came out of a can.

As for the singing and dancing...

My back bothers me too much to even think about dancing right now, and I am really one of those people who can't carry a tune--at all. That takes a lot of the enjoyment out of singing.

My true talent is in being an appreciative audience for those who are considerably more talented in the singing and dancing departments than I could ever be.

I think I have some talent when it comes to having fun. And, when I find something that tickles my funny-bone, I like to share it. I hope this gives some of you a chuckle.
Lola

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 10:49 pm
@firefly,
Very good, firefly. Entertaining. Thanks
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 7 May, 2013 02:59 am
@firefly,
I loved it, Firefly. Thanks!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 7 May, 2013 04:44 am
@Lola,
Quote:
Or the other option is to do as Beth does so well. Dance, sing, eat and have fun.

That's just another version of "get a life".

It is your idea of dance, song, eating and fun you are referring to. "Everybody wants you to be just like them". It's circular. Real fun is very wearying. Debilitating even.

I'm out of my senses am I? Same thing. Your definition of the term. The assertion standing in for the real thing. You assert you're having fun and, hey presto, that's fun. And it jolly well is eh?

Taking the piss out of pompous puddle-heads is mild fun. Stirring up indignation among the beta minuses.

You have no idea how much I restrain myself.

Get a Committee and some rules and put a Members Only sign on the door.

Quote:
A person needs to learn to negotiate and speak rationally and with respect to others.

The American way. Ask JTT about that.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 May, 2013 05:14 am
Yer such a genulmun, spendi.