Lola at the Coffee House

spendius

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 04:59 pm
@Lola,
Quote:
How's that for a rule?

Not as good as the one Philippa Pullar mentioned in her book Consuming Passions, possibly following Jane Austen, that people who moider about food are extremely vulgar and have self-evidently run out of anything interesting to say.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 05:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
Ive discovered that, ever since I began my high blood pressure life, I too have given salt a less prominent place in my flavor book.
I find all seafoods and shellfish to need only sweet butter and they are perfectly seasoned.

The flavor that originally comes with the food can rarely be improved upon by salt.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 05:12 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Its always the company that makes the excitememnt old man.
If your life is such a drag as seems is your constant implied complaint, Im sorry. I dont wish any such vapidity on anyone.
Maybe your interesting times are all behind you , so at least you have fond memories ne?

That's just another load of self-satisfying assertions fm. The company here couldn't excite a sex starved satyr.

But really old man---asserting that your life is not a drag and that there is no vapidity in your daily doings, which is your intention, does have to be taken with a carton of salt considering what you have been up to while I have been exposed to detailed descriptions of them.

Take "just picking up the flavour of artichokes" for example. I'll refrain from mentioning the unswimming-pool worthiness of the currach.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 05:15 pm
bumpers
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 05:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
bloomers....

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 06:00 pm
@spendius,
You are a sad case spends. Why not try to rustle up some life for yourself rather than making pitiful slights at others/

ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 07:40 pm
@farmerman,
Oooh, a new to me chef I like:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2013/may/03/natalie-coleman-masterchef-scotch-egg

I'm going to have to look up what scotch eggs are. I'm unlikely to like them as I'm weird about eggs. Very weird. Egg white wiggles..

Oh, dearie me, I mentioned food again.

Well, here they are: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotch_egg
A big no from me, but I can get that others like them.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 08:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Ever since she tried to take a bite out of a New York City cop...I've always been wary!

he had that nice beefy looking arm and I'd just spent two days with Noddy eating nothing but vegetables .... I needed meat!
firefly

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 09:16 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
he had that nice beefy looking arm and I'd just spent two days with Noddy eating nothing but vegetables .... I needed meat!

For our own safety, we'd better make sure you eat more than just vegetables. Laughing
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 10:01 pm
Wassau, I've been saving up calories all day just so I could enjoy a decadent hot fudge sundae.
http://newyork.seriouseats.com/images/20100503PeterLuger'sIceCreamSundae.jpg

Ummm...ummm....ummm Smile
Lola

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 10:29 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Wassau, I've been saving up calories all day just so I could enjoy a decadent hot fudge sundae.

Excellent firefly. Hummmmmm, I'll have one of those too, Wassie dear.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 02:47 am
@firefly,
Wait, I see a label there on the chocolate, are you actually advertising there FF? Are you an FBI spy or something? Or starting your own business?

Wassua, stop serving me chardonnay please, my mind is doing tricks, but I'll have that glazed cherry please .......
spendius

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 03:20 am
@firefly,
That's not decedent I'm afraid my dear.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 03:27 am
@farmerman,
What's rustling up some life fm?

We might all be a bit better off if less people engaged in such a ridiculous activity.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 04:32 am
@FOUND SOUL,
dibs on the Wash Post.

Hunk a shoo fly pie and a big mug a black n tan
spendius

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 04:57 am
@farmerman,
Henry Miller said he could eat earwax. That put shoo fly pie and rat casserole to bed once and for all. Such affectations are pitiful.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 08:24 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

You are a sad case spends. Why not try to rustle up some life for yourself rather than making pitiful slights at others/

A lot of people don't have much food on their tables
But they've got knives and forks
And they gotta cut something.
spendius

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 08:38 am
@edgarblythe,
You might have put that on the evo threads where I have been insulted for no reason so many times that I couldn't possibly attempt to get even. And some of them were particularly nasty and unfit for intelligent company.

It's just a question of atheists sticking together in a congealed mass. I'm the only defender of the Christian way of life who hasn't been sickened by your fatuous attentions.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 08:42 am
@spendius,
I am no angel.You too have been as guilty as the rest of us in that regard, spendi.
Joe Nation

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 09:02 am
Could I have some eggs, over easy, with a side of wheat toast, no butter. A glass of orange juice, a huge mug of black coffee and lot more quiet from the whiners in this coffeehouse.

Joe(pipedown)Nation