Lola at the Coffee House

Lola

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 12:01 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Ever since she tried to take a bite out of a New York City cop...I've always been wary! Thank god there was a nearby place with pulled pork sandwiches...or A2K coulda been missing some people.

I believe this story. Very funny.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 12:02 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
that's chocolate heated in milk and poured into a glass, followed by a layer of espresso, and then a layer of whipped cream

Oh, and Wassau, when you're done rubbing my neck and sholders, I'll have one of those chocolate espresso drinks osso mentioned. But not yet, that's right, right there......................go away headache.....go away.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 12:18 pm
@ossobuco,
That sounds delicious, osso. I think I'll have a bicerin too.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 12:23 pm
@vonny,
Quote:
I WANT A PUPPY!

I'm not sure that Wassau can fill that request for you. Smile

Any particular kind of puppy, or will any sweet, adorable, playful, furry ball of energy do?

ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 12:43 pm
@Lola,
My anecdotal observation is that people who don't like bitter foods (such as some greens) also don't like capers. But I suppose surmising a taste bud gene connection there would be out of order without a proper double blind research project.
firefly

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 01:27 pm
@ossobuco,
I like bitter greens, and sour foods as well, but I really dislike capers.
vonny

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 01:45 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Any particular kind of puppy, or will any sweet, adorable, playful, furry ball of energy do?

Part of me says Labrador Retriever - the breed we've had since the mid-70's, and a breed we know well. But another part of me just craves the sweet, adorable, playful, furry ball of energy that is the typical healthy puppy!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 01:49 pm
@firefly,
Ok, one notch nicked for my observation not working out!
ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 02:01 pm
@ossobuco,
Memories of home - can you believe I dearly miss California?
Dealing with fire issues was a huge part of design choices when I worked in LA, which was largely a fire ecology.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2013/5/4/1367660521220/Early-Southern-California-002.jpg

We have fires here in New Mexico too; in fact, there seem to be some arsonists afoot these last few days.
vonny

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 02:08 pm
@ossobuco,
Terrifying. I so hope that these fires will be controlled soon. And any evil arsonists caught.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 02:15 pm
@vonny,
I know more about fire in california than I do here, since I dealt with it in landscape design for years. The fire was there (and here) first...
vonny

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 02:20 pm
@ossobuco,
It's seeing something like this that makes me realise just how big America is and just how small England is - the vast area these fires cover is almost too great to comprehend for us Brits - for this one anyway!
farmerman

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 02:23 pm
@firefly,
I too like bitter greens and dark leafies. Caoers just have a diagreeable overabundance of salt that masks their flower buddie flavor. We used to get fresh capers in a sauce served with artichokes in some restaur ant in the San juaqin Valley, those were really good and they just picked up the flavor of the artichokes
farmerman

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 02:25 pm
@vonny,
Theres alway the statement about our differences
:"To an American a 100 years is a long time, to a Brit a 100 miles is a long distance"
spendius

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 02:59 pm
@farmerman,
100 yards is a long distance to me fm.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 03:06 pm
@farmerman,
Do you really like bitter greens and dark leafies and find caoers to just have a disagreeable overabundance of salt that masks their flower buddie flavor?

Did you actually used to get fresh capers in a sauce served with artichokes in some restaurant in the San Juaqin Valley which were really good and just picked up the flavor of artichokes ?

I'm astonished. It must be really something to have such exciting experiences.
Lola

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 03:42 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
I like bitter greens, and sour foods as well, but I really dislike capers.

I love anything sour. Lemons, vinegar or sour pickles, quinces, granny smith apples, New Zealand Savingnon Blanc, lemon curd..........I'm making myself hungry. I also love capers on salmon or fish or most anything with sour cream. But, if there's an exception to osso's (or anyone's) rule, then the rule is proved wrong. But we could bet that most people who like sour foods, like capers. How's that?
Lola

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 03:47 pm
@Lola,
Quote:
I'm astonished. It must be really something to have such exciting experiences.

Eating sour foods is an exciting experience, spendi. And I usually want salt with it, wine being the exception. But I like extra salt on my frozen margaritas. So maybe that's it. People who like salt on their greens and lemons also like capers. How's that for a rule?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 04:56 pm
I haven't intentionally added salt to my food for mostly my whole life. There were a few brief experimentations and I often buy food that is already salted. Mainly I am indifferent to salt.
farmerman

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 04:58 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
It must be really something to have such exciting experiences.

Its always the company that makes the excitememnt old man.
If your life is such a drag as seems is your constant implied complaint, Im sorry. I dont wish any such vapidity on anyone.
Maybe your interesting times are all behind you , so at least you have fond memories ne?