Lola at the Coffee House

vonny

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 08:39 am
@spendius,
Quote:
gives me a view of the garden and I often find myself watching the antics of these creatures.

Sounds idyllic, Spendius. We have thrushes, tits, blackbirds and pigeons - the occasional magpie - still using the feeding stations, although we've stopped the suet cakes now - not good for any nestlings that come along.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 08:40 am
bump
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 08:40 am
bumppapa
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 08:41 am
oh how irritating - bump!!!
Sturgis

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 10:25 am
@vonny,
You seem irritated. I think a cup of delicious raspberry tea infused with chocolate might be just the thing for you.

Medical research has also found it has healing qualities for post-surgery patients.
vonny

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 12:37 pm
@Sturgis,
Oh Sturgis, that is a marvellous suggestion! It sounds just what I need to calm me down and heal me. Thank you so much!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 01:38 pm
I will have coffee please. And a Twinkie. Oh, wait. There are no Twinkies.
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/58946_512066118840866_561194137_n.jpg
farmerman

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 01:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
what was Schultz"s name in real life
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 01:51 pm
John Banner, wasn't it?
farmerman

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 01:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
Ill look im up. Im assuming hes been tried and executed

YOU ARE CORRECT. Wiki said that both he and the guy that played Col Klink were Jews.
That woulda really pissed off the fuehrer.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 01:57 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Ill look im up. Im assuming hes been tried and executed

Nahh, he died in Spandau prison of natural causes having to do with overweight and high cholesterol count.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 02:23 pm
Schultz appeared to me to be modeled after the guy in Stalag 17.
Sig Ruman ... Sgt. Johann Sebastian Schulz
spendius

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 02:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
Never heard of him. It must be my ADD again.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 02:31 pm
Diane and I are just back from a neato shopping day.
DogDog managed to not piddle pool while I was away.
A phone call earlier in the a.m. took away some of my paperwork anxiety, at least for today. So I'm relaxing with a glass of chocolate milk, vodka, and ice cubes and reading a2k and sports news before I settle down and make some more arancini di riso. After the drink, the rice balls may turn into oblongs.

On the shopping day: we hit the goodwill store to unload some stuff and to buy some stuff. Naturally I bought books: 2 of the Stieg Larsson books, which I may or may not end up liking; 1 David Foster Wallace book, which I'll probably somewhat like even if I don't really, as he interests me; and 1 Tana French book (mystery type, I've liked one by her before).

Next we went to what I think of as Cost Plus, now known as World Market. Haven't been there in ages, as it's a fair drive. I used to live three blocks from one in west Los Angeles, one of the perks to me of living there. It's a perfect scene for a picky materialist like me who now lives in the desert - I can be happy woman just standing in an aisle, looking.

I got a few I can make that myself ideas, one on a thai sauce, one re a butternut squash pasta sauce (what?), and another on - wait for it - pickled mushrooms. I'd never heard of pickled mushrooms.

Purchased - one bottle of a cheap white wine recommended in the San Francisco Chronicle wine sampling scores; one bottle of tacky soda (I'm human), italian orange passion soda, 99 cents; one hefty bottle of garlic stuffed olives marinated in some chiles and herbs; one can of non sweetened coconut milk.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 03:07 pm
@spendius,
In the William Holden film, the first Sgt Schultz
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrtqxhVNogU2uzRS2FBAi4iKtTdi-cqUqDSAIMyr98LsvdG0YD
spendius

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 03:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
Does he dine at osso's place?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 03:10 pm
@spendius,
Only when she serves snickerdoodles.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 03:29 pm
Sorry guys. I'm house sitting for my sister and unfortunately I'm having trouble using her computer. I'll return by the end of the week. In the meantime, Wassau, please serve everyone just as you have. Love ya.
spendius

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 05:01 pm
@Lola,
If the takings are not banked by the end of the week won't Washup be tempted to abscond?
firefly

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 06:19 pm
@spendius,
Not everyone is like you, spendi. Rolling Eyes

Beside, Wassau owns this place.
0 Replies