firefly

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 06:24 pm
@ossobuco,
Sounds like a great day, osso.

Shopping therapy is good for the soul.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 07:46 pm
I wonder if Wassau will let me bring my new puppy in here. I hate to leave the little fella at home all alone.
http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag107/poodlepassion/5a062b11-3b30-4bf7-8565-601bd5ecaf5c_zps00cb8a00.jpg
At the moment, he's still small enough so I could slip him into a very large handbag, and he's very well behaved (apart from not being at all housebroken or even paper trained yet Laughing). And there are so many dog lovers in here, I think they'd have a good time playing with him, and the experience would be good for the puppy.

Maybe, I should sneak him in, and, if Wassau objects, I'll just leave.
firefly

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 07:50 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
pickled mushrooms. I'd never heard of pickled mushrooms.

Really? I'm surprised about that.

I used to buy them at Trader Joe's, then I found out they are very easy to make, so I just made them myself. Haven't done that in a while. I had a good recipe somewhere, I'll have to search for it.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 07:52 pm
soooooo

these snickerdoodles

what are they?
firefly

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 07:56 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
I can be happy woman just standing in an aisle, looking.

Me too.

Part of the joy of shopping is the joy of just browsing and looking, I can be very happy just looking at things.

Maybe I can join you and Diane on a future outing. You sound like kindred souls.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 07:59 pm
@firefly,
I used to go to one of the first TJs in the US, in westLA, but the one here is too far away for me here in land of sand. If you find the recipe, lemme know.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 08:02 pm
@firefly,
We're different humans, but appreciate each other except when we spat and even then we love each other. We know each other pretty well.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 08:06 pm
@firefly,
Surely Wassau will let him in, because they resemble each other - just look at the eyes.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 08:07 pm
@ehBeth,
I've heard the words, snickerdoodles. Past that, huh?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 08:08 pm
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b8/Snickerdoodles_close-up.jpg/800px-Snickerdoodles_close-up.jpg
A snickerdoodle is a type of cookie made with butter or oil, sugar, and flour rolled in cinnamon sugar. Eggs may also sometimes be used as an ingredient, with cream of tartar and baking soda added to leaven the dough. Snickerdoodles are characterized by a cracked surface and can be crisp or soft depending on preference.
Snickerdoodles are often referred to as "sugar cookies". However, traditional sugar cookies are often rolled in white sugar whereas snickerdoodles are rolled in a mixture of white sugar and cinnamon.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 08:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
hmm

cinnamon is always a selling point to me

I'll have to see if I can find those anywhere
ossobuco

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 08:11 pm
@firefly,
Yes, I think we'd have fun together.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 08:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
Cream of tartar, I remember that..

Thanks, edgarb.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 08:18 pm
Firefly, I think you need a certain new avatar..
firefly

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 08:33 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
I'll have to see if I can find those anywhere

Pepperidge Farm makes them
http://www.fortmyersgroceryservice.com/uploads/1/5/5/4/1554554/1446273_orig.jpg?60
I bought them. Probably because the name intrigued me. I don't recall much of a cinnamon taste or sugar coating. I just didn't care for them all that much, but you might enjoy them.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 08:37 pm
@firefly,
We don't see many Pepperidge Farms products up here, which is ok as I don't find them a particularly good product line. I guess I may have to cave and bake some snickerdoodles if I can't find them in a bakery somewhere.

I definitely want a cinnamon taste if I'm having a cinnamon cookie!
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 10:15 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Firefly, I think you need a certain new avatar

Are we putting this into motion? I second that!

I'm a savory kinda girl but cinnamon donuts hot, can't, go, past, them.........
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Wed 1 May, 2013 04:02 am
@firefly,
Quote:
there are so many dog lovers in here, I think they'd have a good time playing with him

Please let me hold him, ff. He's so adorable - making me feel terribly broody - oh I want a puppy - soon!!!
vonny

Reply Wed 1 May, 2013 04:08 am
@firefly,
Quote:
A snickerdoodle

http://www.fortmyersgroceryservice.com/uploads/1/5/5/4/1554554/1446273_orig.jpg?60
I totally love that name - snickerdoodle! Somehow I just cannot imagine going into a shop or cafe in the UK and asking if I might have a snickerdoodle? But - hey - anything goes here, within reason, so, please Wassau, may I have a snickerdoodle? Oh, and with a root beer please - not sure what that is, but I've always fancied trying it.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 1 May, 2013 08:49 am
@vonny,
Quote:
Please let me hold him, ff

Of course you can hold the puppy, vonny. He wants to meet you too--just look at how fast his little tail is wagging as he's running over to you.

I'm glad it's such a nice day and that we can sit outside on the patio, where the puppy can run around, and play with his toys, and get to know everyone here.

Puppies are such a great mood elevator aren't they? I wonder if this one can work his magic on spendius and get that old curmudgeon to smile and be less grumpy? We'll see...