Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 11:05 am
@spendius,
http://img3.etsystatic.com/000/0/6767543/il_fullxfull.317095087.jpg
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 11:22 am
@spendius,
Quote:
I enjoy it ff. And I do believe you do. If I didn't enjoy it I would be long gone.

spendi, would you please stop provoking firefly? She said she isn't having fun, so take her at her word. It's enough already.

Lola is not amused!
Lola

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 11:22 am
bump
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 11:23 am
bump again
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 11:35 am
@Lola,
Of course she's having fun. Look at all the trouble she goes to. She's loving it.

And I can't be expected to allow a charge of misogyny to stand when I know better.

I'll have bagels and lox Washup.

firefly

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 12:47 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Of course she's having fun...She's loving it.

Stop flattering yourself. You are far from amusing, or entertaining, or "fun". You're a self indulgent bore who misguidedly fancies himself a raconteur and wit.

Doesn't your arm ever get tired from patting yourself on the back?
JTT

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 12:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
You gotta remind us of this a bit closer to May 21st.

You never did finish with your "why don't we talk like Yoda" comments, Frank. I think you were trying to make some point about language, were you not?
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 12:58 pm
@Lola,
Lola, I highly recommend the muffins, if you're looking for a snack--they're perfect with tea or coffee. The blueberry were delicious and I'm about to sample the chocolate chunk pecan muffins while they are still warm from the oven.
http://www.wilton.com/img/cappuccino-chocolate-chunk-muffins-1-main.jpg
spendius

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 12:59 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Did you sing out today?

I sing this sometimes ff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4LWTGQSDkc

Long hot soaks are better than showers. It's hard to think in a shower.

I get a lot of my best ideas in the bath.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 01:03 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
So you don't think it's a roadmap of osso's soul then?

What rot! No, Spendius, I don't think it's a roadmap of Osso's soul. And I won't ask you if you do - it would just start you off on another of your rants!
Lola

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 01:10 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Lola, I highly recommend the muffins

Thanks firefly, I don't mind if I do. Yum. Virtual food is so tasty and without risk of getting fat.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 01:27 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Doesn't your arm ever get tired from patting yourself on the back?

Why should I be expected to be an exception in that regard. Little self pats on the back are woven, mostly not very subtly, into the vast majority of posts.

You're at it all the time. It is necessary to be something of a raconteur and wit to be able the judge on the arts. Which you imply you are.

I got so fed up of typing out "reverse invidious comparison" that I made an acronym for it on the evolution threads because the scientists on there used the RIC nearly as good, and nearly as often, as you do.

I had noticed many years ago in pubs that, no matter what the subject of a conversation was, if a lady present had one of her offspring at university she would find a connection in the conversation to enable her to inform us of this dazzling feat of her copulatory magic and the self-evident superiority of her genetic material and child rearing expertise. Namely, standing over the poor little bugger every night and making him do his homework.

0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 02:08 pm
Today is both the birthday and death anniversary of the Bard of Avon. And curs'd be he that moves his bones.
vonny

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 02:21 pm
bump
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 02:24 pm
@vonny,
My soul, so called, is not so easily charted.
vonny

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 02:55 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
My soul, so called, is not so easily charted.

Maybe Spendius' soul is! After all, he likes Dylan Dylan and Dylan - a pretty straight line on a roadmap!
JTT

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 03:18 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
Today is both the birthday and death anniversary of the Bard of Avon.

The guy who didn't know English "grammar". Merry?

I suppose that you think this will give you brownie points with the Lola crew. They will regard you in a greater light as a man of the world.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 03:20 pm
@vonny,
Quote:
a pretty straight line on a roadmap!

There you go. You make my point. osso's is just a bit more complicated than mine.

"If the arrow is straight and the point is slick,
It'll pierce through dust no matter how thick."

I like other things as well. It only got Dylanesque because Dylan was offered in contrast to Seeger. I get accused of being obsessed with loads of things just because I mention them a few times.

It's what coffee table books are for. Image. Album covers. Wall posters. Bookshelves. Name dropping. I can half know people I have never met before just by looking at their bookshelves.

Like you say, vonny, it has a confessional aspect.

Always buy books for cash. Unless you have nothing to hide of course.

Records are called "product" in the industry. And what products people buy is useful information for those seeking to refine their targeting.
JTT

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 03:26 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
And curs'd be he that moves his bones.

But it's okay if some ladies do it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 03:27 pm
@vonny,
I'm anxious to get typing up my cds but I should be handling other matters.
I am, it happens, a foremost practitioner of procrastination, so the list might happen before I do the other stuff.

I'll do the wee list of tapes though - very wee, but savers:

- There's one that has both Joan Armatrading (did I tape that myself? we saw her at the Santa Monica Civic), and Lucio Dalla, a famous to italians singer - him I know I didn't hear in person. I was told about him by a friend who lived in Rome for nine years, probably a copy of one of her live tapes.

- The Art of Beniamino Gigli, opera arias & ensembles & classical arias
- The Art of Beniamino Gigli, album 2, opera and song recordings 1922-47

- The Young Pinza, Ezio Pinza, recorded 1923-24

- The Best of Italian Opera (lots of names). One can tell I had stopped just hating opera.

- a tape by a friend who was at the Carreras Domingo Pavarotti concert at Caracalla in 1990. For sure after that I was sucked into the drama of ital opera, and stopped shutting the door on my boss who sometimes played Renata Tebaldi while designing. He's a japanese american born in a camp in war years, raised closely with a bracero family, speaks fluent spanish. Brilliant man actually.

That's it - I know I had other tapes, Mark Knopfler for sure.