Lola at the Coffee House

spendius

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 09:23 am
@spendius,
Quote:
I love the gleam of really beautiful silver on a dining table--almost as much as I hate having to polish it.

It is quite a remarkable confession ff.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 09:29 am
Quote:
It is quite a remarkable confession ff.

No doubt right up there with Saint Augustine, spendi. Laughing
firefly

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 11:31 am
Ummm...look what Wassau has whipped up to help us celebrate April 1st--Blueberry Fools.
http://feltandhoney.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/IMG_4985.jpg
And they are seriously delicious--no joke. Wink
spendius

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 11:34 am
@firefly,
Quote:
No doubt right up there with Saint Augustine, spendi.

Higher. Much higher dear lady.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 11:39 am
@firefly,
Quote:
And they are seriously delicious--no joke.

That's as shallow as the marrow-bone jelly ads for dog food where the dog owner salivates vicariously for his pet.

BTW--Four dogs mauled a 15 year old girl to death here last week. The price of dog ownership.
firefly

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 11:46 am
@spendius,
Quote:

That's as shallow as the marrow-bone jelly ads for dog food...

It's a pity so many of us here can't match your depth, spendi.

I guess we're not in the same class of deep sinkers that you are.

Try the Blueberry Fool, it might sweeten your disposition, old boy. It's really quite delicious.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 12:20 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Four dogs mauled a 15 year old girl to death here last week. The price of dog ownership.

Don't you, Spendius, verbally maul people daily with your 'wit'?

0 Replies

Lola

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 12:59 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
I have it from a popular, if not necessarily reliable, source, that whatever Lola wants, Lola gets. Is that true?

Lola wishes..............
Lola

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 01:00 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
If I respond to this, does that make me a jack ass? Oh well, if so, it's nothing new.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 01:06 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
The price of dog ownership.

Now, you really have to admit, Spendi, that the above quotation is an exaggeration.
Ragman

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 01:22 pm
@Lola,
singing... L-O-L-A... Lo-la
spendius

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 01:24 pm
@Lola,
Quote:
It is estimated that two percent of the US population, 4.7 million people, are bitten each year. In the 1980s and 1990s the US averaged 17 fatalities per year, while in the 2000s this has increased to 26. 77% of dog bites are from the pet of family or friends, and 50% of attacks occur on the dog owner's property.

That's 500 fatalities in the 30 years. And 510 million bitings.

But let a priest be alleged to have diddled a choirboy and watch the barking then.

0 Replies

Lola

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 01:30 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Quote: It can be ostentatious however when a person uses beautiful things in order to enhance or disguise a vacant or shallow view of life.
Unless you define a vacant and shallow view of life satisfactorily you have confirmed your own viewpoint with a self-congratulatory assertion. Which is very naughty and the sort of thing Apisa can't stop himself doing.

It's true. My way of defining my terms, "vacant or shallow" does influence my meaning of my sentence. Just as your own definition of those terms influences your meaning. My definition of a vacant life has to do with a life without connection to other people. A life without the ability to listen to and be heard by important other people in life. And further, for me it involves a person unable to consider all points of view in order to better understand and refine one's own perspective but also to interact emotionally with another person, whether one agrees with that person or not.

Now spendi, tell me how you understand my statement.
Lola

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 01:34 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:

I will admit that I do try to get what I want whenever I can.
spendius

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 01:53 pm
@Lola,
Quote:
It's true. My way of defining my terms, "vacant or shallow" does influence my meaning of my sentence. Just as your own definition of those terms influences your meaning. My definition of a vacant life has to do with a life without connection to other people. A life without the ability to listen to and be heard by important other people in life. And further, for me it involves a person unable to consider all points of view in order to better understand and refine one's own perspective but also to interact emotionally with another person, whether one agrees with that person or not.

Now spendi, tell me how you understand my statement.

Thanks for the "It's true". Try getting Apisa to admit it!

As it would never enter my head to think anybody had a vacant and shallow view of life I cannot imagine that my definitions of the terms even exist let alone influence the meaning of anything I say. Maybe I used to think that some people did have a vacant and shallow view of life, I was quite a sbob myself in those days when I was young and inexperienced but after becoming friendly with a few ladies whose vacantness and shallowness had drawn me into their company I was forced to reconsider the position.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 02:00 pm
@Lola,
Quote:
Quote:

Re: Ragman (Post 5292810)
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the "It's true". Try getting Apisa to admit it!

Lola,I’ve been working and have not caught up on reading the threads, but I came across this. Can you give me any idea of how I got involved in this discussion?

Or is this just Spendius being his usual disdainful, pompous, condescending self?
Setanta

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 02:11 pm

It was Sarah Vaughn who told me that . . .
Lola

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 02:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Lola,I’ve been working and have not caught up on reading the threads, but I came across this. Can you give me any idea of how I got involved in this discussion?
Or is this just Spendius being his usual disdainful, pompous, condescending self?

Spendius mentioned you as an example of how a person should not behave, according to him. But other than that, you're not involved. I wouldn't worry about it. It's his opinion and doesn't reflect the opinion of the Cafe 101, Lola, Wassau, Sybil, A2K, or any other participant on this thread. Spendi is Spendi. You know that.
Lola

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 02:24 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
It was Sarah Vaughn who told me that . . .

Sarah Vaughan is very convincing in her delivery. But I think she's bluffing.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 02:31 pm
@Lola,
Quote:

Don't we all! Laughing