Lola at the Coffee House

farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 05:19 pm
@Lola,
YOU PEEL A GRAPE???. Ill bet you skin your asaparagus too. I saw this once on Julia Child and almost lost my liquor.

Peel a grape, well I swan. Wone deez peoples come up wif som'in naixt.

Maybe we kin gets spendis "help" ta peels em. In betweens ironin his shotes
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 05:31 pm
@Lola,
<turning the page>
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 05:33 pm
@farmerman,
That's an old Mae West line, fm -- "Peel me a grape." She somehow made it sound like the height of kinky perversity.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 05:34 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Oops, sorry. Didn't realize that was the link that Lola had already posted.
farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 05:38 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Its ok, theres nobody out there keeping score.

HAve a peep, thyre loaded with energy and purple no.2
spendius

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 05:58 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
She somehow made it sound like the height of kinky perversity.

It isn't actually the height of kinky perversity Andrei but it is a rung on the ladder which leads to kinky perversity and the only known method of alluding to the higher steps in a respectable fashion.

My reading of Mae West is that she was bluffing but that does not mean there are not other ladies who are not.
spendius

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 06:14 pm
@Lola,
Quote:
..so we can say that the devise is at least non-essential.

No we can't, as I pointed out. It may be useless as an egg topper but as an item to be purchased it might bring some joy momentarily.

The problem with a knife is that you wouldn't eat the egg with it and thus you have an extra item to wash up. As dwollie says a spoon is best. The same one you are going to scrape the inside of the shell out with.

When you add to the washing up for no sensible reason you have self-evidently lost the use of your wits.
Lola

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 06:40 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
YOU PEEL A GRAPE???.

I peel a grape? Not in the quote. It was Beulah that would be the one to do the peeling......
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 06:41 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
She somehow made it sound like the height of kinky perversity.

It wasn't what she said, but how she said it that carried the message.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 06:42 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
purple no.2

What is purple no. 2? I could use my imagination, but I think I'll ask first. It's always a good policy.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 06:46 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
alluding to the higher steps in a respectable fashion.

Oh my! (Lola slaps her face lightly and opens her eyes wide) I think you may be right about that. That Mae West! She was somethin else. Amazing body that woman had.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 06:47 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
When you add to the washing up for no sensible reason you have self-evidently lost the use of your wits.

Ever so practical spendi.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 07:58 pm
Uh oh. My rarely working tolerance-for-cute gene has lit up. I've a slide show to link, but to avoid toxic sugary image inundation, I'll just show one of the fifteen photos. This is a Martha Stewart slide show on easter cookies. Beware.

http://www.marthastewart.com/335049/easter-cookies/@center/276968/easter?xsc=tab_easter_cookies#281584&utm_source=taboola

http://www.marthastewart.com/sites/files/marthastewart.com/imagecache/img_xl/ecl/images/content/pub/ms_living/2008Q1/mla103657_0308_bunny_vert.jpg

The pistachio shortbread cookies are calling my name, but they're not as cute as the little lamb or the rabbit cookies
MattDavis

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 08:45 pm
@vonny,
Safely to Detroit (Mo town) Vonny.
Sorry Wassau I sorta cheated on you with another proprietor.
Indian restaurant 5 minutes from our new apt.
He schooled me in the relative limitations of my English phonemes.
Vegan menu. Ah... the little conveniences of city life.
Lola

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 08:50 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
This is a Martha Stewart slide show on easter cookies. Beware.

Death by cookie slide..............I vote for the Easter Egg Puzzle Cookies for appearance......for taste, it's a three way tie between the Key Lime Whoopie Pies, the Lemon-Glazed Candied-Ginger Cookies and the Lemon-Raspberry Sandwiches, as a matter of fact, I want those Lemon-Raspberry things right now..........NOW, I tell you, Wassau (Lola slams her fist on the table and rattles the glasses).....Wassau, dear....did you hear me. I would like those cookies now please.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 09:03 pm
@MattDavis,
So glad you made it. The air of Motown coming through the air vents.......now we need some music please. Detroit, the city with problems. Something about an emergency city manager. I hope Detroit is good to you, Matt and Jaz.
firefly

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 09:38 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
The pistachio shortbread cookies are calling my name...

I bought some cookies that look similar to those at Trader Joe's this week, because they were also calling my name--they are a crisp butter cookie with small white chocolate chunks and pieces of pistachio. Nice, very nice, cookies.

Wassau, I'll have some of the lemon raspberry cookies, and I'd like to try the carrot cake cookies as well. I don't suppose you could bring me a sampler plate--with all of Martha's cookies--just so I could nibble a taste of all of them, could you? (firefly demurely says, batting her lashes which are heavily coated with L'Oreal's newest volumizing and lengthening mascara)

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 30 Mar, 2013 12:14 am
@firefly,
Quote:
(firefly demurely says, batting her lashes which are heavily coated with L'Oreal's newest volumizing and lengthening mascara)

you old slut you.....
Lola

Reply Sat 30 Mar, 2013 12:18 am
@firefly,
Quote:
-just so I could nibble a taste of all of them, could you? (firefly demurely says, batting her lashes which are heavily coated with L'Oreal's newest volumizing and lengthening mascara)

Wassau's a real sap for batting lashes, especially those with L'Oreal's volumizing and lenghtening mascara. Aren't you Wassau? I think I'll have another key line whoopie pie.....or whatever they're called.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 30 Mar, 2013 12:43 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
you old slut you.....

Flattery will get you everywhere, you rascal.

Care to share some cookies with me? Wassau is such an angel, he brought me a lovely platter of the most delicious Easter cookies, that I believe were made from Martha Stewart's recipes. I have quite an assortment here, and they are all wonderful.

I wonder if they made use of Martha's culinary skills in that prison she was in? She certainly could have taught them a thing or two.

Oh, these cookies are sooooo good.