Do you think the world would have been a better place if Nazis had won the war?

BillRM

Mon 21 Jan, 2013 12:50 pm
@Frank Apisa,
The two statements were completely equal in every way my friend as sexual imbalance mean either there is going to be more men then women or the other way around and off hand the one child policy and the resulting killing of females is well known concerning China so slowly spelling it out seems not necessary for any well informed person and I viewed most people on this system as being well informed.
Frank Apisa

Mon 21 Jan, 2013 12:59 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
The two statements were completely equal in every way my friend as sexual imbalance mean either there is going to be more men then women or the other way around and off hand the one child policy and the resulting killing of females is well known concerning China so slowly spelling it out seems not necessary for any well informed person and I viewed most people on this system as being well informed.

Now more than before...I want to know the answer to that last question I asked.
BillRM

Mon 21 Jan, 2013 02:11 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Now more than before...I want to know the answer to that last question I asked.

You sir are an asshole of the first order however so are a large percents of the posters here.
Frank Apisa

Mon 21 Jan, 2013 02:19 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
You sir are an asshole of the first order however so are a large percents of the posters here.

Both those things could well be...and you are not the first to make that observation.

But...the question remains: Is English your first language or not?

I think I will add a second question...just in case you ever get around to answering the first:

If English is your first language, did you finish High School?
BillRM

Mon 21 Jan, 2013 02:51 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
If English is your first language, did you finish High School?

I think I am in love with you and I have a BSEE and earned a living in engineering for some 33 years.

Still wish to keep playing games instead of dealing with the subject of the thread?
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Mon 21 Jan, 2013 02:57 pm
I have to side with Frank on this. For a time I actually had BillRM on 'ignore'not because I was in disagreement with his views but because it have me a headache trying to decipher his semi-literate (mostly illiterate, actually) writing. I've learned since to understand some of it, but it's certainly an adventure trying to read and comprehend what he's written. I had a theory that maybe he has one of those voice-activated apps where you don't type but speak into a mike and the computer prints out what you've said. It would account for some of the anomalies in his posts, depending on the accent or inflection of the voice.
BillRM

Mon 21 Jan, 2013 04:09 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
You people are going to destroy my self esteem if you keep this nonsense up hell I feel tears forming now and the computer screen is blurring.........
jcboy

Mon 21 Jan, 2013 04:22 pm
@cicibebe,
I think the world would be a better place if there weren’t so many idiots living on it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 21 Jan, 2013 04:40 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
I have to side with Frank on this. For a time I actually had BillRM on 'ignore'not because I was in disagreement with his views but because it have me a headache trying to decipher his semi-literate (mostly illiterate, actually) writing. I've learned since to understand some of it, but it's certainly an adventure trying to read and comprehend what he's written. I had a theory that maybe he has one of those voice-activated apps where you don't type but speak into a mike and the computer prints out what you've said. It would account for some of the anomalies in his posts, depending on the accent or inflection of the voice.

Honestly, Andy...there seems to be two people posting under that name. There are times where there is a lucid, reasonably written post...but others where it truly is "illiterate."

I honestly am wondering.

If he truly has the education he now claims...it was wasted on him.
BillRM

Mon 21 Jan, 2013 05:03 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
f he truly has the education he now claims...it was wasted on him.

Hmm that education had given me a good living since 1972 and I had produced and help produced instruments, over the decades of my working life, that my employer and the customers had been happy with.

Frankly when I let it did surprise me that the company did not go bankruptcy within the year.

By the way does anyone wish to address the issue of this thread instead of attacking my feelings and breaking my heart?

Hell I hardly remember the issue it been so long since it been address.

BillRM

Mon 21 Jan, 2013 05:18 pm
Have anyone other then myself read any of Harry Turtledove what if books concerning history?
Frank Apisa

Mon 21 Jan, 2013 06:22 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5232747)
Quote:
f he truly has the education he now claims...it was wasted on him.

Hmm that education had given me a good living since 1972 and I had produced and help produced instruments, over the decades of my working life, that my employer and the customers had been happy with.

Ahhh...tense seems a bit strained, but on the whole, that was a coherent sentence.

Quote:
Frankly when I let it did surprise me that the company did not go bankruptcy within the year.

Edit your posts...you won't have so many errors.

Quote:

By the way does anyone wish to address the issue of this thread instead of attacking my feelings and breaking my heart?

Hell I hardly remember the issue it been so long since it been address.

Obviously...since you haven't been addressing it yourself. And since it seems to be important to you, why not do it?
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Mon 21 Jan, 2013 06:24 pm
@BillRM,
Hate to admit it but I have never heard of Harry Turtledove.
ehBeth

Mon 21 Jan, 2013 06:32 pm
@BillRM,
Interesting how very clear that post was.
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 21 Jan, 2013 06:42 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
Hate to admit it but I have never heard of Harry Turtledove.

He is an what if science fiction author with a Ph.D. in Byzantine history.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Harry Turtledove
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Harry Turtledove

Harry Turtledove at Worldcon 2005 in Glasgow
Born June 14, 1949 (age 63)
Los Angeles, California
Pen name Dan Chernenko, Eric G. Iverson, Mark Gordian, H.N. Turteltaub
Occupation Novelist, short story author, essayist, historian
Genres Science fiction, Fantasy, Alternate History, Historical fiction, History
Literary movement Alternate History, Science Fiction
Notable work(s) Southern Victory Series, Worldwar Series, Crosstime Traffic, The Guns of the South, and The Two Georges
Influences[show]
www.sfsite.com/~silverag/turtledove.html
Harry Norman Turtledove (born June 14, 1949) is an American novelist, who has produced works in several genres including alternate history, historical fiction, fantasy, and science fiction.
Contents [hide]
1 Life
2 "The Master of Alternate History"
3 List of books and series
3.1 Writing as Eric Iverson
3.1.1 Elabon
3.2 Writing as H.N. Turteltaub[9]
3.2.1 Hellenic Traders
3.3 Writing as Harry Turtledove
3.3.1 Videssos
3.3.2 Worldwar / Colonization
3.3.3 Southern Victory
3.3.4 Darkness
3.3.5 War Between the Provinces
3.3.6 Crosstime Traffic
3.3.7 Days of Infamy
3.3.8 Atlantis
3.3.9 Opening of the World
3.3.10 The War That Came Early
3.3.11 Supervolcano
3.3.12 Stand-alone Books
3.4 Web Publishing
4 References
5 External links
[edit]Life

Turtledove was born in Los Angeles, California, and grew up in nearby Gardena. His paternal grandparents, Romanian immigrants, first settled in Winnipeg, Canada, before making their permanent home on the US West Coast.[1][2] After dropping out during his freshman year at Caltech, he attended UCLA, where he received a Ph.D. in Byzantine history in 1977[citation needed]. His dissertation was entitled The Immediate Successors of Justinian: A Study of the Persian Problem and of Continuity and Change in Internal Secular Affairs in the Later Roman Empire During the Reigns of Justin II and Tiberius II Constantine (AD 565–582)[citation needed].
In 1979, Turtledove published his first two novels, Wereblood and Werenight, under the pseudonym "Eric G. Iverson." Turtledove later explained that his editor at Belmont Tower did not think people would believe the author's real name was "Turtledove" and came up with something more Nordic.[3] He continued to use the "Iverson" name until 1985, when he published his "Herbig-Haro" and "And So to Bed" under his real name. Another early pseudonym was "Mark Gordian." Turtledove has recently begun publishing historical novels under the pseudonym "H.N. Turteltaub" (Turteltaube means turtle dove in German). He published three books as Dan Chernenko (the Scepter of Mercy series).
Throughout the late 1970s and early 1980s, Turtledove worked as a technical writer for the Los Angeles County Office of Education[citation needed]. In 1991, he left the LACOE and turned to writing full time[citation needed]. From 1986 to 1987, he served as the Treasurer for the Science Fiction Writers of America[citation needed].
He has written several works in collaboration, including The Two Georges with Richard Dreyfuss, "Death in Vesunna" with his first wife, Betty Turtledove (pen-name, Elaine O'Byrne), Household Gods with Judith Tarr, and others with Susan Shwartz, S.M. Stirling and Kevin R. Sandes.
Turtledove won the Homer Award for Short Story in 1990 for "Designated Hitter," the John Esten Cooke Award for Southern Fiction in 1993 for The Guns of the South, the Hugo Award for Novella in 1994 for "Down in the Bottomlands." "Must and Shall" was nominated for the 1996 Hugo Award for Best Novelette, the 1996 Nebula Award for Best Novelette and received an honorable mention for the 1995 Sidewise Award for Alternate History. The Two Georges also received an honorable mention for the 1995 Sidewise Award for Alternate History. The Worldwar series received a Sidewise Award for Alternate History Honorable Mention in 1996. In 1998, the novel How Few Remain won the Sidewise Award for Alternate History. He won his second Sidewise Award in 2003 for the novel Ruled Britannia.[4] On August 1, 1998, Turtledove was named honorary Kentucky Colonel while Guest of Honor at Rivercon XXIII in Louisville, Kentucky. The Gladiator was the co-winner of the 2008 Prometheus Award.
Turtledove served as the toastmaster for Chicon 2000, the 58th World Science Fiction Convention.[5]
He is married to mystery and SF writer Laura Frankos. His brother-in-law is fantasy author Steven Frankos. He has three daughters: Alison, Rachel, and Rebecca.
[edit]"The Master of Alternate History"

Turtledove has been dubbed "The Master of Alternate History".[6] Within that genre he is known both for creating original alternate history scenarios such as survival of the Byzantine Empire or an alien invasion in the middle of the Second World War and for giving a fresh and original treatment to themes previously dealt with by many others, such as the victory of the South in the American Civil War and of Nazi Germany in the Second World War. His novels have been credited with bringing alternate history into the mainstream.[7] His style of alternate history has a strong military theme with scenes of combat happening throughout many of his works.[8]
[edit]List of books and series

Lustig Andrei

Mon 21 Jan, 2013 06:44 pm
@BillRM,
Thnx for that, Bill.
0 Replies

snj

Mon 1 Jul, 2013 11:59 pm
@cicibebe,
No,it would be a terrible place to live in. We would not have got Einstein .
BillRM

Tue 2 Jul, 2013 05:38 am
@snj,
Quote:
No,it would be a terrible place to live in. We would not have got Einstein .

Wrong by that time Einstein had done all his important works.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 21 Sep, 2013 05:23 pm
You are a goof ball. Japan was at war with the Soviet Union, and signed an armistice because they were getting their ass kicked and they could not sustain a war with China and a war with the Soviet Union at the same time. What you apparently know about that period of history would not fill a very small thimble. You must think wars are like a game of Risk.
0 Replies

John57

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 06:13 am
@cicibebe,
When Hitler first realised, after his conquest of poland, that his henchmen & underlings would commit mass murder for him, he immediately saw this as his favoured solution for getting rid of people he didnt like, on mass.
As time went on, his list of people he didnt like grew & grew.
If he had won the war & established control over every conquered country, his first act would have been the same as what he was already doing in countries he had already conquered...sending in his execution squads to round up every single person or type of person he didnt like, and have them done away with.
On this list would have been included anyone who showed even the slightest sign of hostility or non compliance.
I doubt there would have been many people left by the end of it all. With the world under his control, all restraining influences on him would have been erased, and with his megalomanic mind, he could have pursued his goals of mass murdering undesirables on a scale never before imagined.
No, I dont think the world would have been a better place.
0 Replies