Got Aids Yet

Linkat

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 03:35 pm
Seeing I work near the state house in Boston, I have been getting my ear and eye fill of same sex marriage debate. The one thing I noticed yesterday was a sign that said "Got Aids Yet". Whatever your opinion is on this issue, this is drawing the line. This was sign held by a supposed Christian at least as he claimed. Now my understanding of Christianity is to promote love, not hatred. I certainly think such a sign displays hatred and believe most Christians would not wish this on anyone no matter who they are. Is are country becoming so hate filled that just because some one disagrees with you, you spew hatred toward them and wish them to have a life threatening disease? I also hope that anyone who has seen such hatred will realized that true Christians would never ever wish such a thing on anyone.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,245 • Replies: 61
No top replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 04:46 pm
Amen, Sister! (Brother?)

Myself, I'm hoping to be invited to a few weddings this May. Other folk's marriage doesn't make mine any less!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 04:51 pm
I know I have brought this up on other threads already, but I find it interesting that while Clear Channel booted Howard Stern from 6 markets, they also hired a DJ who was fired from another network for referring to a gay caller as a "sodomite", and then wishing he would die of AIDS. I think right now, Christianity in America is out of control in terms of swinging to the fanatical, and it's pretty scary. Not only that, Bush supports it. Don't vote Bush, or this crap will continue.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 05:08 pm
I don't think this is normal behavior. There are always extreme morons who spew hatred in the name of their religion, but they are definitely a very small minority. It just so happens that these idiots get attention because of their stupidity. Don't believe it. There are stupid people out there, but there are only a small minority that are "got AIDS yet?" stupid.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 05:16 pm
http://www.godhatesfags.com/images/2002/God_Still_Hates_Fags_12-25-2002.jpg
http://www.godhatesfags.com/images/2002/Fag_Idol_12-25-2002.jpg

Phelps says: "God hates fags."
When questioned, God retorted:
"No, I hate Fred Phelps."
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 05:20 pm
I find it queer, pardon the pun, that these religious psychos feel justified in blaming god for their own personal prejudices and/or misinterperatations of biblical scripture. Do you think your average all-American right-wing Christian fanatic actually reads Aramaic, Ancient Hebrew or even Greek? Hmm....
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 05:29 pm
I'm just wondering, why all the Christians here in Europe say continuously, God doesn't hate anybody ...
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 05:32 pm
The thing that scares the willies out of me is the sight of the "happy family" holding those signs! Mom, having taught her teenage daughter well, will teach her infant to hate people in the name of God. To quote an ancient author, "Jesus wept!"
Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 05:54 pm
Amazed...
I'm amazed no one has brought up the fact that the people in the top picture posted by joefromchicago are waving hate signs in one hand and American Flags in the other...I guess I just did.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 06:27 pm
I guess its becasue it is so unsurprising for so many of us. Sad
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 06:58 pm
There are a lot of closed minded, judgemental Christians... from what I've seen. I'm not sure what they're thinking.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 07:03 pm
I'm not sure that they are thinking.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 07:05 pm
Are you sure they can think?
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 07:19 pm
First of all, I am christian, I think you need to know that for this to make sense. One time I was confronted by another christian, of a different faith, who knew my particular religion, and got angry at me, saying I did not believe in jesus, and I would go to hell. This was a complete stranger. I wonder what they expected me to do, fall on the ground and weep bitterly? "Oh, no! she's right, I don't believe in jesus!"
0 Replies

angie

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 08:54 pm

Cav wrote : "Christianity in America is out of control"

Actually, it's the radical right-wing fundamentalists who are out of control. They may claim to be Christians, but they couldn't be more un-Christian. They are driven by fear and anger. They are divisive, exclusive, judgmental, and hypocritical. If Jesus were here in the flesh today, he would expose them for the ignorant, hurtful hate-mongers that they are.

If they actually ever read the New Testament, they would see that Jesus was entirely inclusive, that he was infuriated by the power and arrogance of organized religion, that he sought out and embraced victims of any kind of bigotry, and that he never once mentioned homosexual orientation or any other orientation for that matter. It's just the Old Testament that preaches all that lunacy regarding multiple wives and beards and sacrifice.

It's all about fear and control. Fear of differences. Control of those who are different. And it's about choice. A person can choose to overcome his fear through understanding and embracing diversity, or to allow his fear to close his mind and generate anger, bitterness, and hatred.

What Would Jesus Do ?

0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 08:58 pm
Quote:
What Would Jesus Do ?

Become a Buddhist! Very Happy
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 11:58 pm
Great scott, I'm reading enlightened people. Can it be possible? What crack in heaven allowed this slender but brilliant beam of light to reach us way down here caught between heaven and hell?

These people are not Christians, they are evangelists straight out of the 19th century when religion was business and good for business. Roll with us in the aisles or we will cast you out...Hail Ah; JeeeeeezzzzzzzzUSSSSS, and all that hokeymalokey. This kind of prejudice has existed in my face since I can remember, and I am 42. They are getting blatant about it now though, downright cocky like their righteous is brewing or something. It's actually a good thing, because they end up discrediting themselves and people turn away from the most blatant forms of prejudice, for the most part. It's too sickening, like Mel's movie as some are saying.

Got AIDS Yet is reducing hatred to an advertisement, and it is not a good sign. If such ignorant folk are getting savvy enough to get their word out, well, it's going to get a little village and pitchforks before all this is over, but I have to believe still that most Americans are sensible enough to reject this blatant anti-American selfishness. Parents have been teaching kids this stuff for ever, so it isn't anything new, except the next stage downwards to the depths of their depravity.

I come from loonieland actually, and have had the fortune/displeasure of seeing how crazy people operate all through childhood and into early adulthood. The ones screaming their hatred have great sins. They find solace, I guess, in villifying someone into something worse than whatever it is that they are hiding...I guarantee you this is true. Think about it. If you aren't wallowing in guilt or shame for something you know is wrong, what's the point of accussing others of henious sins unless you are trying to deflect people away from the truth of your own sin? The rabble will rouse Satan to keep attention off themselves, don't think they won't.

I have felt their sting many times in supposedly ultraliberal pinko Massachusetts, hell, the last lay-off was due in part to it as well - not being accepted by the crew in the workplace...all highly illegal of course, yada yada yada.

The real kick here, and try it if you don't believe me....go after them like they are going after others. You will become insane in ten seconds flat, they will fear you like you are going to kill them, and they will become hysterical and make charges against you to stop you from doing to them what they are doing to others.

Have you seen Passion of the Christ? Are you getting the link between gaybashers and Jews charging anti-Semitism? It's because they are all crazy like Cain...and are a bane upon society. We let monsters create more monsters and then let them loose among us. What they did to Jesus, you see, is a perfect symbol for this problem, and it is probably what the entire Jesus proposal is concerned with - the madness and brutality people wage against each other.

Everyone is to blame here.
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 12:23 am
Linkat:

I almost ended up near the statehouse in Boston, but instead, as of today, I have managed a nice spot in Providence, RI. I'm roughly halfway between the two, and have been trying to break into Providence for some time now. My ship finally came in, and spring is just around the corner.

Native New Englander and Bay Stater here.
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 12:26 am
They are flying those American flags upsidedown too.

The ONE MAN ONE WOMAN FOR LIFE sign is cute too. Are they even waking up in the morning?
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 01:01 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I'm just wondering, why all the Christians here in Europe say continuously, God doesn't hate anybody ...

Because they fought holy wars for the past 100 decades. (And learned their lessons.)
0 Replies