Got Aids Yet

SCoates

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 07:01 pm
May I remind you, even without those forty points, my mind is quite formidable. I can even make myself hear voices just by concentrating hard enough. I'd like to see anyone else who can really do that.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 07:05 pm
the logic of your thinking is suspect...not better rights my friend...the same rights afforded all citizens...and the voices are coming from the radio..i know cause my dog told me.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 07:11 pm
No, gays already have the SAME rights as real people. What they are wanting now are "special case rights" which don't apply to actual people--only to gays, and in that sense they are looking for more rights than anyone has now. Granted those rights would extend to those who have no need or desire for them, but that is irrelevant.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 07:13 pm
if we(gays) had the same rights there wouldn't be this broohaha over same sex marriages...so this is NOT special rights my wounded friend.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 07:25 pm
Well, being serious for a moment, regardless of anyone's stand on the issue, right now, where I live, both homesexuals and heterosexuals are allowed to marry the opposite sex, NEITHER are permitted to marry the same sex. So on that technicality, we have the same rights, whether or not they are unfair, and if such marriages were allowed that right would be a new right extending to both homosexuals and heterosexuals. So it is just a matter of termonology, but it can be considered "more rights."
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 07:28 pm
if the same law was granted to heteros we wouldn't need a law because we would all be gay...hey that's not a bad idea!
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 07:39 pm
Well, it is true. If homsexual marriages are allowed, heterosexuals wouldn't be forbidden from them, they just wouldn't act on that right... unless they were really confused.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 07:42 pm
nah, it's a bogus arguement...but i understand your confusion..:-)
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 07:47 pm
I don't know how to do a grumpy face, but just you imagine the grumpiest face possible looking at you. ;|
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 07:51 pm
XOXOXOXOX TO MY GRUMPY FRIEND!
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 08:01 pm
I knew a lesbian who married a gay guy once. Now THAT'S a gay marriage.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 12:37 am
SCoates wrote:
No, gays already have the SAME rights as real people.

What the ****? Shocked

Quote:
What they are wanting now are "special case rights" which don't apply to actual people--only to gays,

Again, What?
Are you trying to sound stupid, or does it come naturally?
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 12:52 am
SCoates wrote:
Also, if I was gay I wouldn't want any rights, nor would I deserve them, so why should real gays be treated any better than my hypothetically gay self?

Soooo.... your gay? :wink:
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 12:54 am
Hobbit, I was actually going for "casually offensive."

Heywood, If loving girls is gay, then I'm the gayest man alive!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 02:03 am
Shocked Damn it SCoates: You've made me agree with Hobitbob AGAIN Shocked
Do you have any idea how uncomfortable that makes us both? I sincerely hope you are merely exhibiting a poor sense of humor. Rolling Eyes No one should be that ignorant.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 02:18 am
Or that proud of their ignorance.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 10:08 am
SCoates: Yes, it's true: gays and straights have equal rights when it comes to marrying someone of the opposite sex. But that's sham equality. As Anatole France pointed out: "The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

The law, as it currently stands, permits only one class of persons to have state-sanctioned affective relationships and to enjoy the rights and benefits that pertain to those relationships. Heterosexuals, in that respect, are clearly more equal than homosexuals.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 10:17 am
SCoates said
Quote:
I'm against being gay.

And why would that be?
0 Replies

angie

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 10:35 am

Joe, as always succinct and marvelous.

I have to believe SCoates is trying to be funny, and I seriously hope he has a day job.

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 10:43 am
I'm against being gay as well. In fact, I'm quite miserable most of the time, and proud of it. No gaeity for me, I say.
0 Replies