I lost my will to live. Hint: office Christmas party

Angel23

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 07:08 am
@jespah,
I only need to know for sure that it was reported to the supervisor. Then I'll accept whatever consequence I have.
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 01:08 pm
@Angel23,
Are you avoiding answering this?

Butrflynet wrote:

What did your counselor have to say about your cutting yourself?

What is he/she doing to help you with that?
Angel23

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 02:22 pm
@Butrflynet,
He said my supervisor prolly knows that I cut myself, which is why I'm not on the schedule. He is having me find replacement behaviors to cope whenever I don't get what I want, such as missing the party.
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 05:26 pm
@Angel23,
Good for you - maybe even going for a walk would help when you feel overwhelmed and out of control.

You really have to STOP giving so much power away to other people. All your problems begin with behaviors from OTHER people. You react to their issues.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 05:32 pm
@PUNKEY,
No. Other people are not causing her problems.

Her problems stem from her trouble understanding other people, and thus herself, which may be related to a diagnostic set. Other people will always have varied behaviors. Work environments have a subset of behaviors, and angel hasn't a clue, but is trying, mostly very hard, to do well, but sort of like someone without antennae.

She unloads here, but needs to be in touch with her counselers.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 11:01 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
She unloads here, but needs to be in touch with her counselers.

well said. the fact that she has maintain this level of ignorance to her current age is proof of problems too profound for us to be of any help. she needs the pro's.
Angel23

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 07:56 am
@hawkeye10,
Ever since starting this uh...post, went back to work Sunday Dec 30th. Went really great! And that party was the last thing on my mind bc I've since moved on.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 05:21 pm
@Angel23,
i am sure that avoidance is a very well practiced skill for you, your ignorance could not be maintained without it.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 05:42 pm
@hawkeye10,
That is quite insulting, hawk. I agree Angel slips around, but mostly from not getting stuff.

You don't seem to get that some people are not very connected with others, by virtue of their brains.
Angel23

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 01:29 pm
@ossobuco,
I thought ppl would actually be happy for me...wait, nvm. Most ppl are not really.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 02:06 pm
@Angel23,
Angel23 wrote:

I thought ppl would actually be happy for me...wait, nvm. Most ppl are not really.

Of the few people who care about you I bet most want you to learn. Ignoring problems is not going to get it done.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 02:22 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye and I agree on something, kazaaa.

But, never mind. What we see is that you, Angel, go through episodes that are sometimes resolved by others (to me, probably protecting you, but that is just a guess.) The episodes are resolved and you are all happy again, having missed a sledge hammer. I agree you do wonder, as episodes go on.

The non awareness is, I think, part of your problems, even though I see you trying. Keep up with your counselors.

And plenty of the rest of us have failure to self reflect a great deal of the time - it is quite human not to at any given time.

I'm rooting for you, Angel.

0 Replies

Val Killmore

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 03:41 pm
@ossobuco,
Truth can be insulting, nevertheless, if these dorks don't grow out of their stupid stage, there is a greater chance that natural selection will eat them up.
0 Replies

Angel23

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 09:21 am
will wrk again next week. Been a bitch at home lately about lack of hours and then i got scheduled last night. How do I stop being a bitch when things gets tough? Why am I always bitchy about everything? I have trust issues bc I been lied to too many times before. Thx God that this is the only place I worked where ppl r open and honest. It'll be awhile b4 I get past my trust issues, but hopefully I do...
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 11:44 am
@Angel23,
How are you going to get passed your issues when you show no understanding of what they are? How often do you see this counselor and exactly what are his/her qualifications?

You claim to have trust issues and yet you go around telling people stuff they should never have been trusted to know, which is odd. Normally "trust issues" means one does not trust enough, you clearly trust too much.
Angel23

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 10:49 am
@hawkeye10,
I'm always thinking people are having motives that are other than open and honest.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 10:53 am
There you go again - focusing on what other people do and think instead of taking care of yourself.

What have you done lately for yourself?
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 12:29 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

There you go again - focusing on what other people do and think instead of taking care of yourself.

What have you done lately for yourself?

That is a bit much to expect from someone who can't even be bothered to remember her diagnoses....
Kolyo

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 12:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
It could be Angel's evading, and simply doesn't want to reveal her diagnosis. I don't blame her for not wanting to to announce it on the internet.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 12:50 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:

It could be Angel's evading, and simply doesn't want to reveal her diagnosis. I don't blame her for not wanting to to announce it on the internet.

More likely she refuses to internalize any truth about herself that is not what she wants to hear.... and so her continued shitty life will always be someone elses fault, maybe forever.