I lost my will to live. Hint: office Christmas party

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 11:37 am
@Angel23,
The Mayo Clinic has a ten page section on self injury/cutting.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/self-injury/DS00775

You have not mentioned having a treatment plan, Angel.
I think you need professional help to overcome your anxiety and self harming behavior.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 11:45 am
@Angel23,
Quote:
k. I get it. When will I have hours?

How would any of us know? We don't work at your place of employment, ask them if you wish more work time.

margo

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 01:04 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Quote:
k. I get it. When will I have hours?

How would any of us know? We don't work at your place of employment, ask them if you wish more work time.

Maybe you're not getting the hours you want because you're such a self centred drama queen, and therefore less reliable.
Angel23

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 03:09 pm
@margo,
That's exactly y i ain't getting hours....or sympathy. I see my counselor wednesday.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 03:12 pm
@Angel23,
Angel23 wrote:
Even at work yesterday, I couldn't focus until I told my coworkers about my humiliation of missing the party. Talking about it felt so much better.

talk to your counselor about this sort of thing - not your co-workers

you've definitely made some good steps, but the cutting is a signal that you still need a lot of support

does the counselor explain to your family how they can help you?
Angel23

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 04:52 pm
@ehBeth,
Yeah my family is involved too. Now the biggest problem is the fact that I don't have hours. Hopefully god could answer my prayers.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 05:18 pm
@Angel23,
That is not your biggest problem.

One of your big problems is that you are totally interested in yourself, in an extreme way, with low clues about other's feelings. I don't think this is somehow all your fault, but I do think you need serious counsel.

You have, with counsel or without, been skipping past how to deal with your situation.
Angel23

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 07:19 am
@ossobuco,
Also, ppl have the tendency to fall away once a person falls on hard times. When you're up, your friends knows who you are. When you're down, you know who your friends are. When I wasn't going through hard times, I was always the first one called in to work when someone calls in. That's on top of scheduling me lots of hours. My colleagues were nice and friendly and we had fun together. Now only 2 ppl at work offered me sympathy and my supervisor won't even schedule me.
Roberta

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 01:03 pm
@Angel23,
As several people have already said, there is no reason to get any kind of sympathy because you missed a party.

And sympathy is not a reason to get more hours. Doing a good job will get you more hours.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 01:14 pm
@Angel23,
Angel23 wrote:

Also, ppl have the tendency to fall away once a person falls on hard times. When you're up, your friends knows who you are. When you're down, you know who your friends are. When I wasn't going through hard times, I was always the first one called in to work when someone calls in. That's on top of scheduling me lots of hours. My colleagues were nice and friendly and we had fun together. Now only 2 ppl at work offered me sympathy and my supervisor won't even schedule me.

you are a mess, and people dont generally want to be around those who are as troubled as you are.

fix yourself, and stop expecting others to feed your warped world. first step would be to fire your counselor if you have been seeing them for more than a couple of months.....you need someone better.
Angel23

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 02:36 pm
@hawkeye10,
Is it possible I lost my job over this? Someone said so lol. Just wondering
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 02:48 pm
@Angel23,
Angel23 wrote:

Is it possible I lost my job over this? Someone said so lol. Just wondering

of course. you need to fit in, as always in life if you want to be part of the group then the group must accept you. i own a restaurant, it does not matter how good people are at their job if they cause disharmony......then they are out. good work places are like family except that those who are too much trouble can be easily kicked out.
Angel23

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 02:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
Disharmony? Oh well, I been there a year now anyhow and up until the party, ppl liked me lol.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 03:19 pm
@Angel23,
Angel23 wrote:

Disharmony? Oh well, I been there a year now anyhow and up until the party, ppl liked me lol.

so why were you getting pushed out before that? getting your hours knocked down to almost nothing is a warning; leave or get fired. i just unloaded a person who did not take the hint, i cut her hours by 60% but she did not leave and did not change her behavior either. one day i decided that that day would be her last. for employees who need to go leaving on their own is best for both of us, they dont have a dismissal on their employment history and I dont need to pay unemployment for them, but if they dont comply then they will be fired.
Angel23

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 03:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
I got pushed out after the party. I know I shouldn't have behaved like that, but at that time, it hurt me so bad not to have gone that I couldn't help it. Can I please have another chance?
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 03:25 pm
@Angel23,
Angel23 wrote:

I got pushed out after the party. I know I shouldn't have behaved like that, but at that time, it hurt me so bad not to have gone that I couldn't help it. Can I please have another chance?

you said that you did not have many hours even before the party. when exactly did your hours get cut?
Angel23

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 03:27 pm
@hawkeye10,
Where did I say that? I had shitload of hours before the party and was always the first one called in on my days off. After the party, I cut myself and told that to a few coworkers, among other things.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 03:31 pm
@Angel23,
Angel23 wrote:

Where did I say that? I had shitload of hours before the party and was always the first one called in on my days off. After the party, I cut myself and told that to a few coworkers, among other things.

i misread. so it is now that you are being told to quit. telling your coworkers that you are unstable is a sure fired way to end up out, dont you even know that much?

get a new shrink, a good one.
Angel23

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 03:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
I didn't think lol. So can I have a do over? Need another chance.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 04:17 pm
@Angel23,
Angel23 wrote:

I didn't think lol. So can I have a do over? Need another chance.

do you have a diagnosis for an emotional disorder or a learning disability? we had someone here about two years ago who sounded just like you, the general opinion was that her ignorance of other people must be due to diagnosible disorder, that bad education and stupidity alone did not account for her extreme lack of understanding of others. Asperger's i think was it.