2nd date and no kiss?

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2012 08:55 pm
Ok, so I'll try to make this short...ish

I got out of a longterm relation with my first bf not too long ago, and I'm completely clueless to how the dating world goes... or so it seems.

I met him at school, he's one of the tutors. I liked him from the beginning, he's good at what he does, he likes it etc. We talked a bit, not sure if it was flirting or just friendly. Anyways, I decide to have some fun and go for the challenge (he's the first guy that got my interested since my breakup) and so I contacted him on Facebook, with a witty comment on something we talked about at school. Now, before you tell me I should stay away from the teachers... There's only a couple of years difference between us, both adults, and I'm done with the project. The university is big and there's no way we would run into each other at school.

So... a couple of weeks of texting back and forth (convos initiated by both of us). A bit of flirting (but nothing REALLY obvious). He hinted a couple of times that we should actually meet (example: "long story, i'll tell you in person, at one point"). He finally decides to ask me out... really last minute. He invited me to a show (at which he hinted a couple of days before, asked me if I like that kind of music etc... but never asked me straight up if I want to go... and I wasn't going to invite myself). So the night of the show he tells me that he'll go only if a "certain someone" wants to go with him... and I accept (didn't have any plans and I assume he's pretty shy and he won't ask me again if I refuse him). He picked me up, refused to let me pay for tickets (he reserved 2 tickets already... ) and drinks. We had fun, talked, danced a bit. Dropped me off... but didn't try to kiss me... or I completely didn't see it?

Another week passes by... he reminds me that i promised him some drinks at one point (in one of our earlier convos), and asks me when I'm free. We set a time for the next day, he picks me up, but we end up going for dinner instead (told him didn't really feel like going for drinks, I was sick). He ends up paying again for dinner since it was drinks that I owe him, not dinner. We walked together for a bit and i grabbed his arm, since it was icy and I was scared of falling Wink (that's the most I'm ok with doing... the rest I'm expecting him to initiate). So... Again, nice "date" but no kiss at the end (not even on the cheek)... Is he shy? Is it because I was sick (but at least you would go for a hug, no?). Are we just hanging out? I can't tell and it annoys me! (not enough to go straight and ask him, though). Help:( What do you guys think?

ps: we are supposed to finally go for those drinks after the holidays (we both have other engagements till then)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,271 • Replies: 10
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2012 09:46 pm
@chica123,
Why on earth are you posting this online?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 05:25 am
@chica123,
You do realize that speculating and being unwilling to just up and ask/initiate is only going to increase your frustration levels, yes?

He may be concerned about propriety levels. He may be fearful for his job (despite the fact that you are no longer in the class, it might still be a threat to his livelihood for you two to really date). He might be shy. He might be gay. He might be in denial. He might be committed to someone else. He might be hoping/waiting for you to make the first move. He might not have wanted to get your cold.

I well recall going out for drinks with a guy and actually asking him (mind you, I had had a few), is this a date? And the response was - well, it is now. See, he had been unsure.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 04:09 pm
@chica123,
Sorry - but I see NOTHING wrong or unusual about not kissing after spending 2 time periods with a person.

He probably wants to see if you have anything in your head before he moves on to the physical.

My kind of guy.
Mame

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 04:12 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

Sorry - but I see NOTHING wrong or unusual about not kissing after spending 2 time periods with a person.

I agree with this.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 04:24 pm
@chica123,
The dating game.

Treat them mean to keep them keen.......

The mere fact that he hasn't kissed you but has taken you out twice, flirted with you makes you want to go back for more.

Smart move.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 08:29 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Treat them mean to keep them keen.......

Really?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 09:42 pm
@reasoning logic,
It is a saying RL...

It is not to be taken as "mean" ..

It by all means is a game and one that I in my youth, have experienced. It is when a guy "feels" that he may not have a chance and so, he plays the game of catching the girl.

Should come to Aussie land one day.
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 09:53 pm
@chica123,
He's just not that into you.

Course I could be wrong, considering I don't know you or the guy in question.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2012 06:15 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Should come to Aussie land one day.

Why? so I could play the game?

When I think of Aussie land, for some reason I think of the wizard of Oz, No thank you. lol
MrGoodConvo

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 01:48 pm
@reasoning logic,
if a guy shows no signs of wanting to get intimate with you, then he has no interest in you.
0 Replies