Should I text him back?

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 10:52 am
I am talking to this guy who I met through some friends. At first he wanted to spend every day together but then Thanksgiving came he backed off and didn't text me until that Saturday asking me to go out with him that night. I went out with him. We talked Sunday, I asked him if he wanted to hang out that night but he said he had finals and wanted to hang out Monday. He then waits to text me until Wednesday saying "weren't you supposed to hang out yesterday?" I acted like I forgot and said "oh, remind me next time." So then he texts me Thursday and then Friday but we didn't hang out until Saturday. So I text him Monday, and I asked him what his intentions were with me. He gave me this spiel about how he doesn't like jumping into things and that it took 4 months of him dating his last gf before they got serious and that he is also going away for a couple of wks out of the country and that he didn't have time for a relationship right now but that he liked me alot. So I told him ok good because I want to date other people. I hang out with him that day (Monday) when I leave he asks me to lunch on Tuesday and he said he wants to hang out Wednesday night before he leaves. He didn't text me Tuesday but when he texted on Wednesday he gave me some excuse on why he didn't text me and I have responded since (it's been a week) but he is also currently out of town (he still gets on his facebook though). Some of my friends think he is a player or that he has someone else or that he is too scared. I want this guy to stop giving me the "disappearing reappearing act" so what do I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 989 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 11:14 am
@geminiluv,
Be unavailable (which it sounds like you've already done a bit - good for you).

I think his excuses are mainly lame ones. He's going away for a few weeks and that makes it harder for him to at least be courteous enough to contact you if he won't be able to make his commitments? Sheesh, people go away to war for three years and are better at commitments than that.

I think he's not that into you, sorry to say. The signals all seem to point to, "I hang out with you when my other plans fall through." Sorry.
geminiluv

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 11:33 am
@jespah,
Hmmm.....I didn't see it that way. Ok so now I feel that I shouldn't text him back at all. When he does text me again (whether it be a month) then what do I do? Continue to ignore him?
jespah

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 12:29 pm
@geminiluv,
Why hang around that long to find out?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 02:05 pm
You answered your own question:

" He gave me this spiel about how he doesn't like jumping into things and that it took 4 months of him dating his last gf before they got serious and that he is also going away for a couple of wks out of the country and that he didn't have time for a relationship right now but that he liked me alot."

He sounds like he's doing exactly what he said he would.
0 Replies