How would you fix the Lakers?

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 03:17 am
@hawkeye10,
And that is part of the reason why Kobe does not understand why they lose...Even with talent...He does not realize it is just him...And his coach is not interested in playing D...He thinks they have talent, and should be winning cause he had 42 or 43 last night...But I bet the rest of the team did chitty...Without even having to look up the stats...He does not realize that you can't win with just one guy...Or the team thinks that they can...

Jordan couldn't do it...James couldn't do it...He can't either...

He needs Howard to step up till Nash comes back...then they will be very solid with just those 3...Even if the other dudes don't feel like playing...

But they are hurt bad without a solid point guard right now...

They are like sitting ducks...If they can't get someone in there who can just assist...And give Kobe good looks, and easy buckets to Howard...

Let alone what they could do on D to win games...

But if they want to run up the scores they need a guy who can assist...

They will continue to lose, if they don't get a point guard in who can assist...Start to play D...Or get Nash back...

But once they do, they will be very hard to beat...Esp. in their building...
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 04:35 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
alent, and should be winning cause he had 42 or 43 last night...But I bet the rest of the team did chitty...Without even having to look up the stats...He does not realize that you can't win with just one guy...Or the team thinks that they can
i seem to recall Shaq coming to the conclusion years ago that kobe would never grow up.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 04:39 am
@hawkeye10,
He may have been correct about that...But I would have to say... I honestly do not think that Shaq acts like he is grown either...2 Cents
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 04:13 pm
Do the Lakers beat the Knicks tonight? Is it even close?

I think they could...And if they do, it could be a huge momentum turning point in their season...But if they go all out...And get beat bad...They may fall even lower than they are...

They really need the win tonight...
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 12:11 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
They really need the win tonight..

not only do they not get it, but they were never in it.

the wheels have come off this bus big time.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 02:00 am
@hawkeye10,
Yeah...Bad game for them indeed...
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 12:17 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

If you had absolute power over the Lakers how would you fix things?

*Rehire Del Harris as coach.
*Trade Kobe Bryant to improve "team chemistry".
*Repudiate the titles the team won while still in Minneapolis.

(Did I mention I live a couple hours' drive from Boston?)
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 02:00 pm
@Kolyo,
Quote:
*Rehire Del Harris as coach.
if harris is not available, i would definitely make World Peace player-coach...
Quote:
north, south or west?
we are a bit west...
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 04:18 pm
@Kolyo,
So your position is that someone would take over the expensive contract of a drama queen who has already lost a step or three due to age.....is there any trade in nba history which suggests that you are correct?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 04:22 pm
@hawkeye10,
I would not get rid of Kobe either...I think that would be crazy...

0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 07:33 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:
if harris is not available, i would definitely make World Peace player-coach...

Laughing

Quote:
north, south or west?

North on I-95. Portland, to be precise.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 07:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
I don't if you quite follow me on this, hawkeye, I want to "fix" the Lakers much like you'd fix a dog or cat. Wink

(I honestly hadn't heard he was washed up, but I don't follow the NBA closely any more. Outside college football, I really only watch sports when the play-offs roll around. Go Irish!)
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 11:25 am
@Robert Gentel,
I'll be nosy and drop in another sport, just to congratulate Robert.

Corinthians from Brazil defeated England's Chelsea and is World Champion!

O mundo é conquistado pelo Time do Povo. O planeta é preto e branco!

Timao campeao!

Good going, Robert.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 01:34 am
@fbaezer,
Quote:
It’s a challenge to pinpoint exactly who is responsible for the Lakers’ ghastly 15-18 start to the 2012-13 NBA season. It’s like a game of “Clue,” except nobody around the Lakers has a clue.
Is head coach Mike D’Antoni simply a bad fit? Are they reeling because Dwight Howard hasn’t recovered from offseason back surgery, and now has a shoulder problem on top of it? What about Steve Nash’s absence for the first couple months? Is Pau Gasol broken mentally? Is the bench that poor?

Here’s another possibility: Maybe a significant portion of the problem involves the best guy on the team.

Kobe Bryant is leading the league in scoring at 30.5 points per contest. Clearly, at the age of 34, he can still fill it up.

But it’s becoming clear that these Lakers are having a chemistry problem. After the Lakers lost at home to Denver Sunday night, 112-105, Howard remarked, “We’re not one right now.” Bryant himself acknowledged a lack of unity when he said this: "I think it's fine for us to boil over a little bit. It's fine to get a little chippy. I kind of get the sense in this locker room that that's finally starting to happen."

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/50388683/ns/sports-nba/

if this team has a chemistry problem then it has to be Kobe's fault.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 04:37 am
@hawkeye10,

rumor has it the C's, in need of another big, will kick the tires on Gasol...
Ragman

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 11:13 am
@Region Philbis,
'Ya know, I wondered if that were ever possible. I can see that if he were traded, Doc Rivers getting some good mileage out of him. Also see it being a better fit for Gasol too. I think after an (unknown) adjustment period, it could propell them further in the playoffs then the Cs might get with current personnel.

His days with the Lakers and him being a consistantly effective player have come to an end. In some respects, he could be the victim of the circumstances - wrong coach and wrong non-complimentary players.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 11:30 am
@Ragman,

he's only 32, so he prolly has another 3-5 good years left in the tank...
Ragman

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 11:49 am
@Region Philbis,
Agreed.

I hope that nothing I wrote indicated I thought that he might be too old. He's in a bad-fitting team with a coach who just can't adjust his personnel to find a style that utilizes him to the best possible manner. He's got more of a finesse style (well-documented) but playing along side KG, it might coax a little more banging under the boards and offensive rebounding out of him. There's a greater chance of his potential defensive assertion in Beantown then there is in La-La-land.

OH, BTW, in relationship to the bearing on the OP, I'm not interested in fixing the Lakers. I'm selfishly interested in poaching Gasol from them.
maurice018

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 12:52 am
@Robert Gentel,
For me i notice it is a matter of coaches and their plays and i always notice that in first to 3rd quarter of their game they are always over and when 4th is coming most of the plays are already been study but the opponent which lead to lost of the lakers.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 06:30 am
@Ragman,

now it's being reported that the C's want to be under the luxury tax threshhold, and will likely not pursue a blockbustah...