BBB finally is able to post again

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 11:33 am
This is Butrflynet's posting about my fall that nearly killed me November 6, 2012.

When BBB and I went to go vote about two weeks ago, I parked near a handicap ramp so BBB would be able to get up over the curb. BBB got out of the car, took a few steps and lost her balance, falling down hard on her right side. Her head was bleeding profusely and she was in a lot of pain. People from the businesses came out to help her immediately. I got a roll of paper towels from my car to apply to her head and mop up blood. Two men were able to lift her up to a standing position and I wanted to take her to the urgent care clinic. She refused and insisted she be taken inside so she could vote. She would not leave the place without being able to vote.

We sat her on a chair inside the polling place while someone brought a bag of ice for her head. They brought her the ballot and she shakily filled out her ballot while the bump over her eye swelled to the size of an egg.

Finally got her back in the car and took her to the urgent care clinic where they x-rayed her face and her wrist to check for any broken bones. No fractures, they cleaned and bandaged her wounds and gave her a brace for her wrist.

Next day, the whole right side of her face and body were turning a lovely shade of black and blue. She was scheduled for outpatient hernia repair surgery and insisted on going through with it regardless of how many medical people came to check out her injuries and tell her it was okay if she wanted to postpone the surgery. She insisted on going through with it. The surgeon was very concerned about her injuries and made a urgent appointment for her at the orthopedic clinic to have her x-rays double checked as well as the rest of her injuries looked at. The ortho doctor said he was fully convinced just by looking at her that she'd have several broken bones but didn't find any.

It has now been two weeks since her fall and the swelling has lessened and the bruising is beginning to fade. She's still in a bit of pain, not able to easily use her walker or crutches because it requires being able to put weight on her injured wrist.

Every person she's met, she's proudly relayed her story of the fall and how she insisted on being able to cast her vote for Barack Obama before letting anyone take her to get medical care.

I'm thinking of sending a letter to Barack to tell him about his Number One Fan and Supporter.

I've had a painful month and seven doctors, but I'm improving at lot. I will go to one of my doctors today to have new exams to learn why my right arm is not healing in my wrist and fingers.

BBB

sozobe

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 11:40 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Welcome back!

How are you doing now?

(I did read the account at the time, with alarm! But glad you were able to get your vote in.)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 11:53 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I'm glad to hear you've been healing, and am concerned about your wrist and finger problems that remain.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 12:11 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Oops, I didn't catch the part at the end the first time.

BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

I've had a painful month and seven doctors, but I'm improving at lot. I will go to one of my doctors today to have new exams to learn why my right arm is not healing in my wrist and fingers.

BBB

Hoping for more healing in your wrist and fingers, also.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 12:30 pm
Welcome back. I missed you.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 12:57 pm
glad to see you back
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 01:50 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Glad to see ya back...and proud to know someone with the determination you showed in demanding to cast a vote.

I will tell this story...probably many times. (I work with lots of conservatives who always vote Republican!) Wink
jespah

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 01:54 pm
Great to see ya back!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 04:04 pm
Glad you're back.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 04:59 pm
Well, Hallelujah!!!

Look who's here!!

Welcome home, BBB!
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 09:53 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
http://image.fg-a.com/women/waving-animated.gifHi, BBB! It's so good to see you back here.

What an ordeal you've been through! Sad

I hope that something can be done to help speed the healing in your wrist and fingers.

0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 09:59 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
I will tell this story...probably many times. (I work with lots of conservatives who always vote Republican!) Wink

Sounds like you work with a find group of folks, FA.

Glad you're on the mend, BBB.
Eva

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 11:48 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
THERE you are!!! I've been wondering where you went!

Should've known they can't keep a good woman down. Cool

(I'd give you a high five for the Voting Day story, but I don't think I should slap your hand right now. Hope you get some answers very soon.)
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 12:29 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Sorry about your ordeal. Your civic mindedness is praiseworthy. Glad to see you're on the mend. Good to have you back again.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 01:41 am
What a woman!

I think you SHOULD send the story to Obama's office. It's a damn good story.

Hope the rest of you heals soon.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 04:27 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Good luck.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 04:29 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Welcome back BBB. I'm eagerly awaiting your news threads to help keep me updated. Smile
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 05:20 am
@Wilso,
are you on blood thinners?
Be careful and yay, glad youre back. I thought you left like msolga.

Go very slowly and have som chocolate
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 05:42 am
Welcome back, bbb. Glad you're feeling better.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 07:21 am
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
Sounds like you work with a find group of folks, FA.

They are the tops...some of the finest people I know. It is incredibly easy for me to overlook their bizarre political views.
0 Replies