Palestinian Statehood, a Travesty

Setanta

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 12:08 pm
The French verb hebeter means to make stupid. Hebetude in English carries the implication that the moron in question is responsible for his own stupidity.
Foofie

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 08:04 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Your opinion is that of someone who spent eternity staring up his own arsehole. You have no idea of anything outside your own backyard, and rely on crude racial sterotyping and your own paranoid fantasies to make a point.

You're the one who obsesses with the past, we've just been inundated with American journalists desperate to know more about the Jubilee, and the Royal wedding. Then there's the highly successful Olympics, the ones that would have gone to New York had you been good enough.

This is an international forum, and I'm not going to corrupt my speech just so a hebetudinous dimwit like you can understand what's going on. Most of the 'yanks' on this forum don't experience such difficulties.

When you write something like this,
Quote:
I shan't reply,
it loses any meaning if you then respond to one of my posts three minutes later. You really need to have a word with yourself if you can't see how absurd you are.

In my opinion, you take yourself quite seriously. I shan't waste any more of your precious time.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 08:10 am
@Foofie,
That took you long enough. Was it worth the effort?
Foofie

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 08:13 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

The French verb hebeter means to make stupid. Hebetude in English carries the implication that the moron in question is responsible for his own stupidity.

And here I thought it was some sort of pejorative about Hebrews, my being of a Jewish background. Well, I won't call anyone a supercilious Saxon (in my opinion). I really value British civility.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 08:14 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

That took you long enough. Was it worth the effort?

I don't spend all day on the computer. Intermittently is the key word.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 08:20 am
Meanwhile back in Israel, Reuters journalists assaulted by the IDF.

Quote:
Reuters said its cameramen had driven towards the scene of the shooting in a car which was clearly marked "TV". They were also both wearing blue flak jackets with "Press" on the front.

After being stopped by an Israeli military foot patrol, they were forced to leave the vehicle and struck with the butts of the soldiers' rifles, the cameramen said.

The cameramen said the soldiers did not let them produce their official media ID papers and forced them to strip down to their underwear, making them kneel on the road with their hands behind their heads.

Two other Palestinian journalists working for local news organisations were also stopped and forced to the ground, they said.

One of the soldiers then dropped a tear-gas canister between the men and the Israeli patrol ran away, having taken a video camera and their gas masks, the Reuters cameramen added.

More tear gas was allegedly fired as the men tried to escape. Mr Wazwaz was overwhelmed by the fumes and had to be taken to hospital.

"We deplore the mistreatment of our journalists and have registered our extreme dismay with the Israeli military authorities," said Stephen Adler, editor-in-chief of Reuters News.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20724966
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 11:36 am
@izzythepush,
WOW!~ What a democracy; and freedom of the press to boot! Or, is that butt of the rifle. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Shocked
izzythepush

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 12:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Any investigation will probably be little more than a face saving operation.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 08:00 pm
@izzythepush,
They will probebly give them a medal for Isralie bravery.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 08:25 pm
@Foofie,
And your understanding of the facts in Israel is also "Intermittently." That "is" the key word for sure!
Foofie

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 06:17 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

And your understanding of the facts in Israel is also "Intermittently." That "is" the key word for sure!

Since I am only an American, I have no ethical obligation to understand any "facts" in Israel. That is so, since I have no ethical obligation to understand any "facts" anywhere else in the world, except the U.S.A.

You see, the Israelis are good for the level of self-esteem for Jews elsewhere, since their existence is proof positive that Hitler was not successful in his goal to eradicate all Jews. So, it is often an exercise in futility to try to convince many people of the Jewish persuasian that Israel has done something unethical. That may not be the concern, I believe. The concern is that Israel's "existence" is giving the proverbial finger to history, after western civilization gave Europe a two-thousand year learning curve to hate Jews, culminating in Hitler's efforts.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 06:22 am
@Foofie,
You may not have an ethical obligation, but you might wish to appear a bit less ignorant. As it is I pay little attention to your posts because you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Quote:
You see, the Israelis are good for the level of self-esteem for Jews elsewhere, since their existence is proof positive that Hitler was not successful in his goal to eradicate all Jews.

This is a prime example of your ignorance, many Jews are horrified to see Israeli settlers swaggering about like brownshirts.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 10:48 am
@izzythepush,
Foofie et al are ignorance of their own existence; they still think they are the "chosen people." Never mind, their torah is full of bull ****!
JTT

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 12:06 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
Since I am only an American, I have no ethical obligation to understand any "facts" in Israel. That is so, since I have no ethical obligation to understand any "facts" anywhere else in the world, except the U.S.A.

You think then, of course, that everyone outside of the US is thrilled with the killings of all those people in Newtown, CT. Or at the least, all those peoples' approach to it is a big MEH.
Foofie

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 03:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Foofie et al are ignorance of their own existence; they still think they are the "chosen people." Never mind, their torah is full of bull ****!

You sound angry?
Foofie

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 03:57 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:

You think then, of course, that everyone outside of the US is thrilled with the killings of all those people in Newtown, CT. Or at the least, all those peoples' approach to it is a big MEH.

Your conclusion is not based on anything I said. I could be incorrect; however, in my opinion, you seem to have a need to extrapolate what I post, and assign it another meaning? It then appears that you have arrived at a new pejorative meaning.

Are you very proud of yourself for your great rhetorical powers of pejorative innuendos?

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 04:06 pm
@Foofie,
Stating facts is not anger. You didn't know that, heh? LOL
Foofie

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 04:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Stating facts is not anger. You didn't know that, heh? LOL

Your "LOL" shows that your posting to me is just adversarial. I am not your adversary. I just have no interest in befriending you on A2K, since your set of life experiences were really so different than mine, not to mention our different world views.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 05:40 pm
@Foofie,
No; you accused me of being angry. I simply responded to your idiocy....
Foofie

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 02:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

No; you accused me of being angry. I simply responded to your idiocy....

cicerone imposter wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name calling and not angry? You just like to voice your contempt in a less than civil manner?

Sorry, we do not have similar life experiences. You are really outside your sphere of reference, when you address me, so using pejoratives is just uncivil, in my opinion.