Palestinian Statehood, a Travesty

oralloy

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 07:21 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
oralloy wrote:
The West Bank is Israel's ancient homeland.

According to the Bible it has been the homeland of the Samaritans, the Hebrews and the Canaanites ...

There is a current theory by archeologists that the Canaanites morphed into the Hebrews, since they wanted a new identity, after leaving their servant status from other nearby lands.

Actually I think the idea is that the Canaanites were the local Bronze Age civilization that then collapsed at the end of the Bronze Age. And after the previous civilization collapsed, the former Canaanites formed a new civilization called Israel.

The Canaanites had more lower-class servants than they had people in the upper class. And the upper class may not have even survived the collapse of their civilization. That left the working class majority to form the new civilization, and they had a dim view of the previous civilization where they were mere servants.

Foofie wrote:
So, if the Samaritans claim the West Bank, you may have a point.

Could be the Palestinians. Someone posted a DNA analysis a couple months ago showing that the Jews and the Palestinians used to be the same people, but they diverged sometime in the Bronze Age.

That would make it likely that the ancestors of the Palestinians were somewhere near the Israelis, and were probably one of the rival peoples mentioned in the Bible.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 07:23 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You are the one who takes the position that Israel can do no wrong.

It is more that Israel is in fact not doing anything wrong.

izzythepush wrote:
I prefer to look at the facts and make up my own mind

There is nothing factual about the anti-Semitic propaganda that you base your hate on.

izzythepush wrote:
which is no mean feat when you look at the deluge of Israeli propaganda that swamps western news channels.

In other words, when so many people are telling the truth, it takes some serious discog for you to follow the path of lies.
oralloy

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 07:23 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
justify the persecution of the Palestinians.

As if preventing a Palestinian from murdering civilians was "persecution".
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 07:55 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
In other words, when so many people are telling the truth, it takes some serious discog for you to follow the path of lies.

You know that that is exactly what you do with your every post, Oralboy, follow the path of lies.

See,

http://able2know.org/topic/203471-1
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 12:29 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You are the one who takes the position that Israel can do no wrong. I prefer to look at the facts and make up my own mind, which is not mean feat when you look at the deluge of Israeli propaganda that swamps western news channels.

I never said, "Israel can do no wrong." Based on that misquote, I shan't reply. Begone IzzytheSaxon.
Foofie

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 12:32 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Foofie wrote:
Talk of trivializing. "A bit rough" you say? I take back the lump of coal for Christmas.

You trivialise the Holocaust every time you use it to justify the persecution of the Palestinians. I wasn't trivialising it at all, it's just part of the cultural tradition of British understatement.

I justify nothing. Do you see your misconstruing my position. I justify nothing. I just believe a Zionist state is needed for those Jews not lucky enough to be living in the UK or the U.S.

And, your "British understatement" reflects your not writing for the reader. You are basically in a forum crawling with Yanks.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 12:46 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
Begone IzzytheSaxon.
I don't know where izzy's family is from. But Jutes lived where izzy lives now ...
Foofie

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 12:51 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Foofie wrote:
Begone IzzytheSaxon.
I don't know where izzy's family is from. But Jutes lived where izzy lives now ...

All dem Brits look alike to me. Dey all sound alike to me. Dey all bow and curtsie before da Queen. It's just a small gene pool on an island, in my mind. And, dey are living in the past, remembering dere former glory. Let 'em eat dere pudding.
Foofie

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 12:53 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Foofie wrote:
Begone IzzytheSaxon.

Let's talk about cowboys and Indians. All your nuanced European history is just outside my set of experiences.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 01:02 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Please come into the 21st century. All your European history can bore many an American. Let's talk about cowboys and Indians.
You referred to the Saxons ..

Well, what's the news about the 21th century cowboys and Indians? I mean, I do know quite a bit about a couple of Native Indian Tribes but nothing about those where you live. And you've got The Naked Cowboy there, I remember ...
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 01:06 pm
Simple answer to this one, i.e. animals can't have a "state"...

Some languaages don't even allow for the possibility e.g. in Russian if somebody is doing rat imitations (doing rat squeeks to lure some predator or some such) they'd say:

Он говорит по крысиному (dative case) rather than the nominative case used in the normal:

Он говорит по Англиский... or по Русский and if you asked them why they'd reply something like:

По тому что нет такого народа крысей (Because rats don't have a nation...)

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 06:53 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
Let's talk about cowboys and Indians.

There's no topic that you can discuss that doesn't lead into examples of US genocidal actions against someone or other, right, Foof?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 02:39 am
@Foofie,
Your opinion is that of someone who spent eternity staring up his own arsehole. You have no idea of anything outside your own backyard, and rely on crude racial sterotyping and your own paranoid fantasies to make a point.

You're the one who obsesses with the past, we've just been inundated with American journalists desperate to know more about the Jubilee, and the Royal wedding. Then there's the highly successful Olympics, the ones that would have gone to New York had you been good enough.

This is an international forum, and I'm not going to corrupt my speech just so a hebetudinous dimwit like you can understand what's going on. Most of the 'yanks' on this forum don't experience such difficulties.

When you write something like this,
Quote:
I shan't reply,
it loses any meaning if you then respond to one of my posts three minutes later. You really need to have a word with yourself if you can't see how absurd you are.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 10:23 am
@izzythepush,
You're on a merry-go-round, mate. Best you jump off, before you get too dizzy about all that repetition! Mr. Green Mr. Green
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 01:55 pm
@izzythepush,
hebetudinous?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 02:16 pm
@RABEL222,
Do you gotta use $1 thousand dollar words? Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 01:30 am
@RABEL222,
Yup.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 11:12 am
@izzythepush,
Here in the us the common word usage is stupid.
Foofie

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 11:28 am
@izzythepush,
I shan't reply!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 11:59 am
@RABEL222,
Yes, but one could be stupid and industrious.
0 Replies