Palestinian Statehood, a Travesty

JTT

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 10:51 am
@mysteryman,
You're being paradosed by MM.

Dishonesty seems to be inbred in these guys.

Quote:
You didnt do any research before you wrote that, did you?

Hey, Mr Pot. How's tricks?
mysteryman

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 11:11 am
@JTT,
Until you decide to answer the questions that have been put to you on other threads, you have no standing to talk to me, nor do you have any right to address me at all.
Once you answer the questions you have been asked, then you will have the right to ask me questions or address me at all.
georgeob1

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 11:32 am
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

Indeed, the Pals want their own state. Unfortunately, the state they want is the entire territory, including Israel. From all their statements and actions in the past, one has to conclude that the Pals will settle for nothing less.

Thus, Israel has nothing to lose when it builds neighborhoods in East Jerusalem. The Pals, who have attacked Israel and Jews ceaselessly, have shown themselves to be implacable enemies who deserve no quarter or concessions.

You have here tacitly admitted that both groups (Israel and the PA) want exactly the same thing, namely the entire land of Palestine. Odd though, you fault only the Palestinians for this.

It is certainly true that many Palestinians have become the implaccable enemies of Israel, as you wrote. However, how would you describe the behavior of Israel towards the Palestinian people of the West Bank since the occupation of their land started in 1967? Israel has controlled the external borders of the West Bank, cutting it off from any direct contact with the rest of the world; severely limiting the movement of the Palestinian people within it, thereby limiting their social and economic activity; - all while systematically stealing their land on behalf of Israeli settlers and walling them in ever smaller, isolated enclaves within the West Bank. That alone is quite enough to stir hatreds that will last generations.

In my view Israel has, since 1967 forsaken any remaining moral rationalization for its occupation of Palestine and continued insistence on an exclusively Jewish state. Israel is increasingly frienless and isolated in a world that largely despises its policies and actions. Only the Israelis see themselves as the victims here. Even the committment of the Uniited States (and American Jews as well) is waning. Indeed what remains is only a convenient, and cynical, pretense.

JTT

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 11:43 am
@mysteryman,
Until you stop making excuses for the myriad crimes against humanity committed by the US, until you stop making excuses for the relentless terrorist activities of the US against the poor, the innocent of this world, you have no standing as a human being, MM.

MM: My country wrong or wrong or wrong wrong or wrong or wrong wrong or wrong or wrong wrong or wrong or wrong ...
JTT

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 11:48 am
@Foofie,
Quote:
Civil society does not consider name calling a practice undertaken by civil behavior. Name calling reflects on the name caller, not just the one called a name.

How do you measure this egregious behavior of whoa, "name calling" against the slaughter of 10 million people by your governments, Foof? Do you think that they are equal?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 11:59 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Of coarse, you would know "everything" about civility with the Zionists stealing Palestinian lands. No contest.

As bad as the Israelis are, CI, they don't hold a candlestick to the stealing, murder and mayhem that has gone on at the hands of the US.

No contest whatsoever.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 12:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
In your support of the "Zionist state" that steals other's land, you are as culpable as those you support. It means you agree with their policy of stealing other people's property. You are swine by every definition of that word.

Hellllllloooooooooo, Earth to CI.

Quote:
I'm for equal treatment of all humans.

But I don't call those actually, like US presidents, responsible for the deaths of millions 'swine'. Nor do I discuss those untold millions of deaths, the thievery on an unimaginable scale, the misery and injustice that has been heaped upon hundreds of millions. I know that, bad as the Israelis are, they are pikers compared to my own country. Hey, call me a hypocrite - I wear it proudly, it's American to the core.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 12:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
In your support of the "Zionist state" that steals other's land, you are as culpable as those you support. It means you agree with their policy of stealing other people's property. You are swine by every definition of that word.

Hellllllloooooooooo, Earth to Space Cadet First Class, CI.

Quote:
I'm for equal treatment of all humans.

But I don't call those actually responsible, like US presidents, for the deaths of millions 'swine'. Nor do I discuss those untold millions of deaths, the thievery on an unimaginable scale, the misery and injustice that has been heaped upon hundreds of millions. I know that, bad as the Israelis are, they are pikers compared to my own country. Hey, call me a hypocrite - I wear it proudly, it's American to the core.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 04:00 pm
@JTT,
The only thing is, I have agreed with you about that before, and if you want me to I can produce that conversation to prove my statement.

So when are you going to answer the questions posed to you?
JTT

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 04:09 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:
The only thing is, I have agreed with you about that before, and if you want me to I can produce that conversation to prove my statement.

If you feel so inclined, be my guest, MM.

Quote:
So when are you going to answer the questions posed to you?

In the fullness of time.
mysteryman

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 05:27 pm
@JTT,
In other words, you don't plan to answer the questions.
JTT

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 09:31 pm
@mysteryman,
You still haven't produced the statement that you said you would produce.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 09:55 pm
@revelette,
Quote:
JERUSALEM — Israel has advanced the process of building 942 more settler homes in east Jerusalem under a new fast-track plan to tighten its grip on the territory, which the Palestinians claim as the capital of a future state.

A government planning committee on Monday moved the project to the advanced stage of asking contractors to submit bids to build them, the Interior Ministry said Tuesday. Once a bid is awarded, construction can begin on the project in the Gilo area, though it can take months, if not longer, to reach that point.

An additional 300 units can be built after further planning, said attorney Daniel Seidemann, an expert on Jerusalem construction who sees the building as an obstacle to peacemaking. About 40,000 Israelis live in Gilo.

"With God's help, we will continue to live and build in Jerusalem, which will remain united under Israeli sovereignty," Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said at the campaign launch event of his Likud Party. "We will continue to strengthen the settlements." Israeli elections are set for Jan. 22.

Good move.

Quote:
Nabil Abu Rdeneh, a spokesman for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, said the new Israeli announcement was a "red line" that would block the chance for a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, in which a Palestinian state would be established alongside Israel.

Nah. It will just prevent a two-state solution based on 1967 borders, where the Palestinians have East Jerusalem as a capital.

The Palestinians will still be able to build a state (if they ever make peace) on whatever land Israel doesn't choose to annex.

revelette wrote:
The building of settlements continues to be a gross violation of countless UN resolutions,

No more so than the Palestinians' aggression against Israel.

revelette wrote:
yet they keep getting away with it

Well, since the Palestinians refuse to make peace, Israel isn't actually doing anything wrong.

revelette wrote:
and Palestinians are left with only ineffectual methods

The Palestinians could try not murdering people, and negotiating in peace.

revelette wrote:
which only end up making them look like the bad guys

The Palestinians ARE the bad guys.

revelette wrote:
allowing Israel to continue the play the international victims. Its an endless tragic saga.

No. Israel are not playing the victim. They are actively defending themselves from all Islamic aggression.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 10:09 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
However, how would you describe the behavior of Israel towards the Palestinian people of the West Bank since the occupation of their land started in 1967? Israel has controlled the external borders of the West Bank, cutting it off from any direct contact with the rest of the world; severely limiting the movement of the Palestinian people within it, thereby limiting their social and economic activity; - all while systematically stealing their land on behalf of Israeli settlers and walling them in ever smaller, isolated enclaves within the West Bank. That alone is quite enough to stir hatreds that will last generations.

You forgot the peace process.

georgeob1 wrote:
Israel is increasingly frienless and isolated in a world that largely despises its policies and actions. Only the Israelis see themselves as the victims here. Even the committment of the Uniited States (and American Jews as well) is waning. Indeed what remains is only a convenient, and cynical, pretense.

The US is not at all waning in our support of Israel.

And if the entire world ever chooses to attack Israel, it will be a small matter for Israel to nuke the world's population centers.
JTT

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 10:15 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
it will be a small matter for Israel to nuke the world's population centers.

So now you admit that they are world class liars, like yourself, Oralone.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 12:25 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

I didn't forget anything. The "peace proces" is merely a charade Israel goes through to placate the growing hostility of the international community and to buy time for it to extend its direct occupation of ever more Palestinian territory.

oralloy wrote:

You hope. Here you are merely whistling in the dark. It is quite obvious that public sentiment here in regard to Israel is fast becoming indifferent and in some quarters disrinctly hostile.

oralloy wrote:

And if the entire world ever chooses to attack Israel, it will be a small matter for Israel to nuke the world's population centers.
Such an eventuality won't happen, but it may be revealing of your thoughts here that you even entertain it. It would be no "small matter" at all, and Israel would be quickly vaporized.
JTT

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 07:24 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
It would be no "small matter" at all, and Israel would be quickly vaporized.

You boys, with your typical, all-American arrogant as all get out pissing contest, forget that everyone else on the planet would be wishing they had been vaporized.

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 03:19 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
oralloy wrote:

I didn't forget anything. The "peace proces" is merely a charade Israel goes through to placate the growing hostility of the international community and to buy time for it to extend its direct occupation of ever more Palestinian territory.

No, the peace process was a genuine attempt by Israel to make peace with the Palestinians and give them their own state based on 1967 borders.

And since the UN abrogated the Oslo Accords, Israel now has the right to annex whatever land in the West Bank they desire. (Meaning everything west of the separation fence.)

georgeob1 wrote:
oralloy wrote:

You hope. Here you are merely whistling in the dark. It is quite obvious that public sentiment here in regard to Israel is fast becoming indifferent and in some quarters disrinctly hostile.

I am quite confident that the US will continue to back Israel.

georgeob1 wrote:
oralloy wrote:

Such an eventuality won't happen,

Only because the entire world is not going to gang up on Israel to begin with. It would certainly happen if the world did attack Israel.

Although, there may be some intermediate steps too. For instance, Israel has atomic artillery shells that they copied from a US design. If the world gathered to invade Israel, Israel could just pop off a few atomic shells at the invading armies.

georgeob1 wrote:
but it may be revealing of your thoughts here that you even entertain it. It would be no "small matter" at all,

Sure it would. Even with the technology that Israel possesses today, any nation beyond the range of their land based missiles could be dealt with by sailing a submarine relatively near their coast and then peppering their coastal cities with nuclear cruise missiles.

And were the entire world to turn hostile to Israel, Israel may well choose to upgrade their nuclear capabilities before the onset of war.

georgeob1 wrote:
and Israel would be quickly vaporized.

Such is the nature of MAD. The important thing in a nuclear war is to ensure that the other side gets annihilated too.
georgeob1

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 04:16 pm
@oralloy,
I believe you are either seriously deluded or remarkably cynical. One doesn't blithely "pop off" atomic shells or "pepper" the coastal cities with submatine launched thermonuclear armed missiles. Israel doesn't have the delivery capability to do what you suggest in a short period anyway. Moreover, relative to the target areas and populations involved, its potential enemies have greater nuclear capabilities than does Israel.
oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 04:53 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
I believe you are either seriously deluded or remarkably cynical. One doesn't blithely "pop off" atomic shells or "pepper" the coastal cities with submatine launched thermonuclear armed missiles. Israel doesn't have the delivery capability to do what you suggest in a short period anyway.

Since South Africa's nuclear weapons program went public, they can be excluded from having participated in that 1kt nuclear explosion over the Indian Ocean in 1979 (only a few years after the 1973 war). That means that all countries other than Israel have been excluded from being involved in the test.

Israel also maintains a battery of 8 inch artillery in very high readiness, despite such shells being obsolete for modern conventional warfare.

Israel does not have thermonuclear warheads yet, but they have atomic warheads. And they have cruise missiles that can carry those atomic warheads. And they have submarines that can launch those cruise missiles.

So Israel does in fact have all that capability, not only in a short period, but today.

As for blitheness, note that the circumstances under which Israel would launch such an attack was the hypothetical scenario where the entire world ganged up and attacked Israel. I don't suggest that Israel would launch nuclear weapons for no reason.

georgeob1 wrote:
Moreover, relative to the target areas and populations involved, its potential enemies have greater nuclear capabilities than does Israel.

I'm sure that will be a great comfort when Israeli A-bombs are exploding over their major cities.