Palestinian Statehood, a Travesty

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 03:46 pm
@Foofie,
When has name calling been considered angry, you swine!
Foofie

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 03:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

When has name calling been considered angry, you swine!

Civil society does not consider name calling a practice undertaken by civil behavior. Name calling reflects on the name caller, not just the one called a name.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 04:14 pm
@Foofie,
Of coarse, you would know "everything" about civility with the Zionists stealing Palestinian lands. No contest.
Foofie

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 04:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Of coarse, you would know "everything" about civility with the Zionists stealing Palestinian lands. No contest.

In my opinion, your post above, directed at me, is just plain anti-Semitic about me as a person of Jewish identity (it's the sarcasm in "Of course you would know 'everything'"). Do you realize you seem to be the only poster that is comfortable with OVERT anti-Semitic remarks? Naturally, no one will tell you so, in my opinion, since you are a concentration camp survivor from your childhood, and therefore, again in my opinion, you do not have to play by the standard social mores rules of 2012. You are treated in a similar manner, in my opinion, as a Holocaust Survivor. You just had a fairly full stomach in your concentration camp, and was not worked to death.

Your posting above does show though, in my opinion, that your "assimilation" into the American mainstream just wasn't done completely correct, since if you are not aware, OVERT anti-Semitism these days is not considered proper amongst the segment of society that you might believe you are part of. Try to be a little more covert. Just accuse me of siding with the Zionists, but not because I am Jewish. Remember, those Evangelicals are Zionists too.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 05:21 pm
@Foofie,
You wrote,
Quote:
I just believe a Zionist state is needed for those Jews not lucky enough to be living in the UK or the U.S.

In your support of the "Zionist state" that steals other's land, you are as culpable as those you support. It means you agree with their policy of stealing other people's property. You are swine by every definition of that word.

BTW, I don't mind one iota that "you people" call me anti-Semitic. I wear with honor.

I'm for equal treatment of all humans. What's your excuse?
JTT

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 06:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
In your support of the "Zionist state" that steals other's land, you are as culpable as those you support. It means you agree with their policy of stealing other people's property. You are swine by every definition of that word.

Change a few words, CI, and ...

In your support of the "US state" that steals other's wealth, you are as culpable as those you support. It means you agree with their policy of stealing other people's property. You are swine by every definition of that word.
Foofie

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 09:21 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

BTW, I don't mind one iota that "you people" call me anti-Semitic. I wear with honor

"'You people' call me anti-Semitic"? Well, if it's just "us people" calling you anti-Semitic, yet you really aren't, your usage of atavistic colloquialisms ( "you people") really is a very decent imitation of anti-Semitism.

But, you suffered enough in your youth, so I have no other reply. Have a Merry Christmas and I hope you had a Happy Chanukah. Le Chaim (to life).

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 09:37 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:

Change a few words, CI, and ...

In your support of the "US state" that steals other's wealth, you are as culpable as those you support. It means you agree with their policy of stealing other people's property. You are swine by every definition of that word.

You, nor CI, parsed the meaning of the word "support." There is no actual support I give to Israel, other than my own preference for them to be the winning team in the World Series of Middle Eastern Sand Ownership. My "support" is equal to my support for a baseball team; just preference for who should be the winner (as opposed to loser). To go from that emotional feeling of "support" to "culpability" is bogus. Meaning, one only is culpable for their "thoughts" in some religions (i.e. a venial sin), not in secular society (one is only culpable for one's actions).

In my opinion, you are both wrong; however, your post was a good touche to CI's thinking. You, in my opinion, hoisted him onto his own petard, as the saying goes. I guess one can get assistance from the least expected resources.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 11:51 am
@Foofie,
Quote:
those Evangelicals are Zionists too

Those Evangelicals are religious nutcases. They want Israel to control all of the territory of Biblical times because they believe that once they do, Jesus will come back. Then all of the Jews will become Christians and avoid going to Hell.
Foofie

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 02:23 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
those Evangelicals are Zionists too

Those Evangelicals are religious nutcases. They want Israel to control all of the territory of Biblical times because they believe that once they do, Jesus will come back. Then all of the Jews will become Christians and avoid going to Hell.

And whose religious beliefs are based on logical conclusions?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 03:07 pm
@Foofie,
What's logical about the bible?
0 Replies

lil host

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 04:48 pm
@Advocate,
palestine is qualified not to only be a state but a country
palestine has a president and congress
palestine has military basses
palestine has a good population
good economics
actually isriel isnt qualified to be state or a country
isriel does not have a president
it has a congress
no big popultion
legaly fucked up
and has more war crimes than any country
oralloy

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 05:19 pm
@lil host,
lil host wrote:
good economics

The problem is, the Palestinians intend to create their country using violence instead of through peaceful negotiations.

That means the Palestinians only have the right to whatever land they can seize from Israel via military force.

Good luck with that.

lil host wrote:
it has a congress
no big popultion
legaly fucked up

Take that up with the Israeli military.

lil host wrote:

Hardly. Defending themselves from Palestinian aggression is perfectly legitimate. Not a thing about it is illegal.
JTT

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 06:59 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
The problem is, the Palestinians intend to create their country using violence instead of through peaceful negotiations.

Violence/terrorism worked for setting up Israel and the United States.
oralloy

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 07:59 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
oralloy wrote:

Violence/terrorism worked for setting up Israel and the United States.

No terrorism (targeting civilians) on Israel's part.

Acts against Native American civilians, though... unfortunately I have to concede your point there.

Regardless, the Palestinians were only going to get 1967 borders (and East Jerusalem as their capital) through peaceful negotiations.

The path they are choosing, they only get to have whatever land they can seize from Israel by force.

That ultimately means that Israel will be annexing everything west of the Separation Fence.
JTT

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 11:57 pm
@oralloy,
You know that you've been caught lying many times, Oralboy. Or are you just gonna claim that you're merely regurgitating Uncle Sam's come?

Wipe your chin, lad.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 04:34 am
@lil host,
Quote:

You didnt do any research before you wrote that, did you?

http://www.president.gov.il/English/Pages/english.aspx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_Israel

Quote:
no big popultion

I assume you meant population, so according to the CIA World Factbook
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/is.html

Israel has a population of 7,590,758 (July 2012 est.)
That makes them 97th in the world in population, out of over 200 countries.

So, its apparent that you have no idea what you are talking about.

revelette

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 09:16 am
Quote:
JERUSALEM — Israel has advanced the process of building 942 more settler homes in east Jerusalem under a new fast-track plan to tighten its grip on the territory, which the Palestinians claim as the capital of a future state.

A government planning committee on Monday moved the project to the advanced stage of asking contractors to submit bids to build them, the Interior Ministry said Tuesday. Once a bid is awarded, construction can begin on the project in the Gilo area, though it can take months, if not longer, to reach that point.

An additional 300 units can be built after further planning, said attorney Daniel Seidemann, an expert on Jerusalem construction who sees the building as an obstacle to peacemaking. About 40,000 Israelis live in Gilo.

"With God's help, we will continue to live and build in Jerusalem, which will remain united under Israeli sovereignty," Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said at the campaign launch event of his Likud Party. "We will continue to strengthen the settlements." Israeli elections are set for Jan. 22.

Nabil Abu Rdeneh, a spokesman for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, said the new Israeli announcement was a "red line" that would block the chance for a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, in which a Palestinian state would be established alongside Israel.

source

The building of settlements continues to be a gross violation of countless UN resolutions, yet they keep getting away with it and Palestinians are left with only ineffectual methods which only end up making them look like the bad guys allowing Israel to continue the play the international victims. Its an endless tragic saga.
Advocate

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 10:37 am
Indeed, the Pals want their own state. Unfortunately, the state they want is the entire territory, including Israel. From all their statements and actions in the past, one has to conclude that the Pals will settle for nothing less.

Thus, Israel has nothing to lose when it builds neighborhoods in East Jerusalem. The Pals, who have attacked Israel and Jews ceaselessly, have shown themselves to be implacable enemies who deserve no quarter or concessions.
Advocate

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 10:44 am
@lil host,
lil host wrote:

good economics
it has a congress
no big popultion
legaly fucked up

You might be a bit more persuasive were you to learn how to write and spell. You being so one-sided, in addition to your really poor writing, makes you a person we should ignore.
0 Replies