Palestinian Statehood, a Travesty

Foofie

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 12:28 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

I agree that sectarianism and tribal intolerance are not dead in this world. Indeed they appear particularly virulent in the Islamic world right now.

However, the modern world is increasingly relatively indifferent to these things. It's not that benign tolerance is growing there, rather that it is becoming indifferent to these distinctions. A result is that Israel's stance puts it in increasingly stark contrast to the rest of the modern world, though perhaps in keeping with the prevailing temperment of its neighborhood.

I guess my point is that this is likely not an advantageous situation for Israel, either relative to the modern world, or to the (hopefully) emerging class of modern folks in the Islamic world, who will increasingly guide its future.

Que sera, sera!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 01:02 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
I agree that sectarianism and tribal intolerance are not dead in this world. Indeed they appear particularly virulent in the Islamic world right now.

What of the USA, Gob?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2012 07:22 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
This morning I woke to BBC news telling of the burning of the homes of 300 Moslems by Buddhists. I forgot where, since I was just waking up.

It was in Burma/Myanmar, and if you're suggesting that Israel should be subject to the same sanctions as Burma/Myanmar, I agree with you.
Foofie

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2012 06:31 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Foofie wrote:
This morning I woke to BBC news telling of the burning of the homes of 300 Moslems by Buddhists. I forgot where, since I was just waking up.

It was in Burma/Myanmar, and if you're suggesting that Israel should be subject to the same sanctions as Burma/Myanmar, I agree with you.

I was alluding to the fact that since Moslems are not safe in Burma, the world is still the same dangerous place it was in the two world wars. Meaning that with different populations suffering, at different historical times, from an intractable form of anti-Semitism, Jews that remain Jews could really benefit from a Zionist state for survival insurance. But, I understand that is not your perception. Well, another benefit of a Zionist state is that after the attempt to murder all of Europe's Jews in WWII, there are Jews that really do not want to live in a world where they have contact with non-Jews (aka, Gentiles) that consider a Zionist state expendable. You see Izzy, many Jews want to live in a world where the garbageman, policeman, mailman, construction worker, in effect, everyone is Jewish. Not just where Jews are directed into certain "Jewish" professions. Get it? Simply put, many Jews have lost their taste for interacting with a Gentile world. Not all Jews have my thick skin for Gentile (aka, the majority) thinking. That's it in a nutshell. So, I just commiserate somewhat for these Israeli Jews, that in my opinion, were given a booby prize of a small plot of land, the size of New Jersey, and are surrounded by 300 million Arabs that would like to finish Hitler's efforts (not all of course; perhaps a fair percentage?).

P.S. I forgot Iran - 70 million non-Arab Muslims that also many would like to annihilate Israel.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 02:35 am
@Foofie,
Nonsense Fluff, you were doing what you always do, saying people should give Israel a free ride because worse things happen in other countries. It's the refrain of the schoolboy caught out for some misdemeanour who believes the kid in the other row has got away with far more, and ever bit as childish. Only this time you chose a country subject to a lot of sanctions.

You also like to peddle the myth that the problem lies in a powerful anti-Semitic thread that runs through the Moslem psyche. The hostility felt towards Israel by its neighbours has nothing to do with anti-Semitism, and everything to with with Israel's behaviour.

Quote:
You see Izzy, many Jews want to live in a world where the garbageman, policeman, mailman, construction worker, in effect, everyone is Jewish

Hitler had a similar pipedream about living in an Aryan world, it was a bit rough on the non-Aryans living in Nazi Germany though. Palestine wasn't a wilderness when the State of Israel was set up, and the Israeli colonists are persecuting the indiginous population. Personally I prefer to live in a multicultural world, insularity breeds bigotry.

oralloy

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 05:21 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Nonsense Fluff, you were doing what you always do, saying people should give Israel a free ride because worse things happen in other countries.

How about we give Israel a free ride because all your accusations against Israel are outright anti-Semitic lies?

izzythepush wrote:
It's the refrain of the schoolboy caught out for some misdemeanour who believes the kid in the other row has got away with far more, and ever bit as childish.

Actually, no. Complaints about double standards are not childish. Double standards are fundamentally unjust.

That said, instead of complaining about double standards, let's just dismiss everything you say as anti-Semitic drek. That, in my opinion, is a far more accurate way of responding.

izzythepush wrote:
You also like to peddle the myth that the problem lies in a powerful anti-Semitic thread that runs through the Moslem psyche.

I don't know about the Muslim psyche, but the problem is in fact anti-Semitism.

izzythepush wrote:
The hostility felt towards Israel by its neighbours has nothing to do with anti-Semitism, and everything to with with Israel's behaviour.

Nope. Israel's behavior is just fine. The only problem is anti-Semitism.

izzythepush wrote:
Palestine wasn't a wilderness when the State of Israel was set up, and the Israeli colonists are persecuting the indiginous population.

Nope. The West Bank is Israel's ancient homeland. The Israelis are completely indigenous, and are not in any way colonists.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 08:27 am
@oralloy,
Okay, here's another lie; the holocaust never happened, and all Jews are hateful beasts with no concern for others.

Sounds about right, doesn't it?
oralloy

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 08:33 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Okay, here's another lie; the holocaust never happened, and all Jews are hateful beasts with no concern for others.

That is indeed a lie.

cicerone imposter wrote:
Sounds about right, doesn't it?

No, but it does sound like you.

Can't you put me back on ignore?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 08:41 am
@oralloy,

Why would I put you on Ignore when your ingorance is so prevasive! Your ad homs of "anti-Semite" is a blessing from an ignoramus like you! I love it!

It's my way to educate others about people like you who are so damn stupid, that your responses proves what we've been saying. Your refutations only emphasizes your ignorance.
oralloy

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 09:07 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
your ingorance is so prevasive

You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own ignorance.

cicerone imposter wrote:
an ignoramus like you

You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own stupidity.

cicerone imposter wrote:
people like you who are so damn stupid

You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own stupidity.

cicerone imposter wrote:
your ignorance

You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own ignorance.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 09:55 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
The West Bank is Israel's ancient homeland.

According to the Bible it has been the homeland of the Samaritans, the Hebrews and the Canaanites ...
Foofie

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 10:09 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You also like to peddle the myth that the problem lies in a powerful anti-Semitic thread that runs through the Moslem psyche. The hostility felt towards Israel by its neighbours has nothing to do with anti-Semitism, and everything to with with Israel's behaviour.

Uhh. The Christians in Moslem countries are leaving by the droves. So, if all the Egyptian, and Jews from other Moslem countries, did not have Israel to go to after the 1957 war, there would likely have been pogroms in the latter part of the 20th century.

You can stop replying to me, since your position is quite obvious. Israel bad; Palestineans good.

In my opinion, hopefully, Santa will bring you a lovely lump of coal, since if Jesus came back tomorrow, He would not like your position about who should have hegemony over Israel. You do know that Christmas celebrates the birth of Jesus (aka, a Jewish baby).
Foofie

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 10:12 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Hitler had a similar pipedream about living in an Aryan world, it was a bit rough on the non-Aryans living in Nazi Germany though.

Talk of trivializing. "A bit rough" you say? I take back the lump of coal for Christmas.
Foofie

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 10:16 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Personally I prefer to live in a multicultural world, insularity breeds bigotry.

Ain't that cute. A white boy from the UK that enjoys diversity. Perhaps, you have never been persona non grata, since so many people of color, or other types of diversity, might have wanted to socialize with a person of your Caucasoidal British background? Such a social butterfly.
Foofie

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 10:18 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

oralloy wrote:

According to the Bible it has been the homeland of the Samaritans, the Hebrews and the Canaanites ...

There is a current theory by archeologists that the Canaanites morphed into the Hebrews, since they wanted a new identity, after leaving their servant status from other nearby lands. So, if the Samaritans claim the West Bank, you may have a point.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 10:54 am
@Foofie,
Actually the 25th December is the birthday of the Roman god Sol Invictus. We're celebrating the winter solstice, those Pagans knew quite a bit about having a good time and tolerating others.

Jesus was no Zionist, why don't you familiarise yourself with the parable of the good Samaritan.

You are the one who takes the position that Israel can do no wrong. I prefer to look at the facts and make up my own mind, which is not mean feat when you look at the deluge of Israeli propaganda that swamps western news channels.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 10:56 am
@Foofie,
Just because you can't get along with people from other cultures doesn't make it the same for the rest of us. I live in a very multicultural city and we all tend to bump along nicely enough.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 10:58 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
Talk of trivializing. "A bit rough" you say? I take back the lump of coal for Christmas.

You trivialise the Holocaust every time you use it to justify the persecution of the Palestinians. I wasn't trivialising it at all, it's just part of the cultural tradition of British understatement.
JTT

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 10:59 am
@Foofie,
Quote:
Perhaps, you have never been persona non grata

I feel for people like that, Foofie. It hurts me to think of those who are rejected for these silly silly reasons.

Why don't you have a similar empathy for those that the US has done much much much worse to?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 07:17 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
oralloy wrote:

Yes. Therefore it was wrong for izzythepush to suggest that the Israelis are not indigenous.
0 Replies