Dead Parrots on Ebay

nextone

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 12:54 pm
I know this sounds like a Monty Python bit, but I just received and ( on the possibility it's legit) signed a Care2 petition to stop the selling of dead parrots on Ebay. Yuck.

Wondering what's next in the bizarre bazaar: wheezing kittens. 4-wheel-drive ATVs with 3 wheels and an ottoman, wilted houseplants ?
Your suggestions encouraged....and check out the petition.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,744 • Replies: 8

roger

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 12:55 pm
@nextone,
I think there's already a market for feinting goats, though maybe not on ebay.
nextone

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 12:59 pm
@roger,
Thought they were fainting, perhaps feigning feinting.

And fainting aint dead.
roger

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 02:15 pm
@nextone,
pardon the original spelling.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 02:20 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

pardon the original spelling.

I assumed it was intentional and laughed.
Laughing
roger

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 02:22 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Well, yeah! That too.
0 Replies

nextone

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 05:02 pm
@roger,
Please, no apologies for spelling (hexing another matter ) or spilling or spalling...pretty sure spalling is a word and not just the anti s'wonderful. I'll look it up in a bit. I'm a retired English teacher who has never been very good at spelling. When I corrected students'work I always kept a dictionary close by, and if I was at home would call out to my husband or my son, both excellent spellers, for help. I'd tell my students to look at what I wrote on the board and if they thought something was misspelled, check a dictionary and let me know. Another issue when writing on the board, or elsewhere, I use/d a combination print and cursive. A pinch, twinge of arthritis did not improve legibility. Whenever I use the computer I give thanks for "backspace" and shudder at the memory of WhiteOut, liquid or those tiny strips that you positioned shiny side out, matte/powdery side in against what was to be erased.

Went to Dictionary.com and found spall. Noun, a chip or splinter, Verb, to chip or splinter. Love to learn something new, or relearn something forgotten.
roger

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 07:39 pm
@nextone,
I was planning on a career in sorcery, but had to go with accounting instead. My spelling was just hopeless.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 07:44 pm
@roger,
How 'bout your hoaxing? Oh, no, that's hexing.
0 Replies