Ebay finally told me why I cant use my gift card

Reply Wed 27 Mar, 2019 07:18 pm
Why do I need a credit card? What is the purpose of them having a gift card?

Here is what they said:

"Hmmm, we’ve required PayPal accounts in the past, but it may be that you were somehow getting them to go through and now the system is recognizing that PayPal isn’t being used. I don’t know if PayPal will let you link up a reusable-generic Visa/Master Card, but you could give that a try if you don’t have a Debit or Credit Card you can use.

Unless you’re able to pay using PayPal though, the remaining balance of your gift cards can’t be used. If it comes down to it, you’ll need to request they cancel the transaction, try to pay using a Visa/Master Card, or take a possible Unpaid Item hit. If that doesn’t happen often, then one Unpaid Item record won’t hurt your account. If you have a friend or family member that will let you use their PayPal account, you could also use it and then pay them back.

None of this is ideal, but I do hope this helps and that you’ll be able to find a way to pay using PayPal. It would be nice for you to be able to use up the remaining bits of credit you have on those cards"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 571 • Replies: 0
No top replies