Interesting eBay development

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 06:18 pm
Many of you know I sell survival stuff on eBay and, occasionally at gun shows in the Pacific Northwest.
About 3 weeks ago, I sold a $255.00 order, larger than average for me.
Well, before the customer received the order, he filed for a return/money back guarantee, claiming broken and inferior product. I was a bit confused. If he had simply changed his mind, he could have refused delivery and I would have refunded his $, no questions asked. (Though I would have been ticked off)

Emails and phone calls back and forth with eBay followed for 2 weeks with no clear answer. Finally, I mailed him packaging materials with an insured label. I was afraid that failure to do so might compromise my case. But sure enough, eBay gave him a full refund out of my PayPal account. I called, not expecting any more action than before, but to voice my discontent.

Well, fry my fritters! The eBay rep finally did understand my case and within minutes restored my PayPal funds.

So, what about the buyer? He sent back a full order of perfect product. He had never even opened the box. Would I be responsible for sending him the refund? Should I, could I charge a re stocking fee? Finally, I called eBay one more time. This is hard for me to wrap my head around.

eBay let the buyer keep his money, I kept my money plus $255 worth of product. I told the rep I thought eBay had gotten screwed. I certainly didn't. I never would have expected. I was about to have sent him money, thinking eBay had drained his account to reimburse me.

Best deal I ever wrote on eBay. Just thought I'd let you know.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,267 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 06:25 pm
@neologist,
Interesting scam the guy's trying to pull.
neologist

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 06:30 pm
@jespah,
But, he could have kept the product with his refund. And I could have been totally cut out.

I suspected a scam. So, perhaps the many contacts I had with eBay over this prevented it.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Interesting eBay development
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 06:20:36