When should I request my money back for a unsent item on Ebay that I ordered a week ago?

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 08:35 pm
I am wondering when I should request my money back since the seller hasn't sent the item that I bought last Tuesday. And I wrote him Thursday and he still hasnt responded. I'm shocked the seller has a 100 percent rating when he doesn't have good customer service

This is the first time since I joined eBay in 2014 that I completely gotten ripped off.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 513 • Replies: 5
No top replies

PoliteMight

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 11:21 pm
@singlesucks13,
Just start the return process via ebay, already. It will ask you to contact the seller in advance. Eventually it will say "did you resolve the problem" and you will list the details.

Their is a window time frame for returns of specific items. However first you have to let enough days go by, and then start a return. However ebay might suggest to talk it out.

If they have provided a tracking number ( as all items nowadays have a tracking number ), then you should check it. Otherwise you will have to wait until that window opens up.

Start a return and see what happens.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2022 05:56 am
One week is not enough time for you to be sending off alarm bells.

Perhaps it’s in the mail or the vendor is on vacation, or holiday delay.

2 weeks would be a better time for concern.

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2022 08:48 am
@singlesucks13,
singlesucks13 wrote:

I'm shocked the seller has a 100 percent rating when he doesn't have good customer service

How many ratings does he have? A 100% rating means nothing if the number of reviews are paltry? Or small enough to be rigged by fake accounts used to bolster his rating.

Reach out to him one more time. Give him an ultimatum (say a few days or a week) then report him to both Ebay and your respective bank/credit card issuer to dispute the charge.
PoliteMight

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2022 10:44 am
@tsarstepan,
Ebay was a friendly place. But thanks to the Myspace, Facebook, Instagram, and people who thinks that is all there is ... now we have these silent people.

Again do not converse with these people,

Just start the return, input as much evidence.

During that return process ebay will opt for you to attempt contacting the seller. If the seller did not contact you in time chances are they might be pulling something. A thing I hate on ebay is the amount of scum using Amazon gifts to send me an item they paid and they collect a little bit extra from ebay. I leave them all negatives.

Then you have people like my father. They treat it like child-support, credit-cards, or a bill and "wait for the red-court-date letter and pay the lesser amount, only to get black-listed eventually. These are the people who are too lazy and think the world is going to give them politeness. You have to wake up and rise about that and realize that is not how it is. You have to be brutal.

I have had people do it to me on ebay as well. Provided evidence and return items to me. Even if that evidence was not accurate.

Point being you have your rights.

AKA "Item not delivered" or arrived.

Chances are some sellers will pull your leg and get money from you because of your politeness.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2022 07:19 pm
@PUNKEY,
Quote:
One week is not enough time for you to be sending off alarm bells.

AGREED.

Quote:
2 weeks would be a better time for concern.

AGREED.
0 Replies