Age Gap Relationship

katya8

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 07:09 pm
Agility.......would you tell us how you two met, how/when you became more than just friends, and what your guy does for a living?
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 08:24 pm
I was wondering too what happened to Agility. Seems to have flown the coop. Well here in Colombia the culture is a little different and it's not unusual to see much bigger age differences than North Americans are accustomed too. The further out in the country you go the more likely you are to see a fifteen year old girl with a twenty five to thirty year old guy. That's village life. My best friend who is European is fifty one and the girl living with him is twenty with a three month old baby (not his). All her Colombian friends and family think it's the best thing that's happened to her.
0 Replies

Godiva8705

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 04:59 am
Deleted
0 Replies

beebo

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 06:05 pm
Quote:
My married lover is 30 years older than me. We are 6 months into the relationship but have been friends for 8 years. We know it isn't long term, but we're having fun and we're not hurting anyone sincer they can't grieve over something they don't know about. I say live for today - you're a long time dead!

morals?
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 06:37 am
Where do "morels" come in to play here? It seems to me this issue is about "conventions" not morals. I agree with Godiva. If Agility is enjoying her relationship there is certainly no reason she shouldn't continue with it. The idea that because of the age gap the two can't enjoy each others companionship is silly. Relationships like Agilities' happen all the time down here. Different "conventions".
0 Replies

beebo

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 10:51 am
Quote:
Where do "morels" come in to play here? It seems to me this issue is about "conventions" not morals. I agree with Godiva. If Agility is enjoying her relationship there is certainly no reason she shouldn't continue with it. The idea that because of the age gap the two can't enjoy each others companionship is silly. Relationships like Agilities' happen all the time down here. Different "conventions".

beebo
Posted: 2004-03-15, 3:05 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
My married lover is 30 years older than me. We are 6 months into the relationship but have been friends for 8 years. We know it isn't long term, but we're having fun and we're not hurting anyone sincer they can't grieve over something they don't know about. I say live for today - you're a long time dead!

morals?

I was refering to the married lover statement. not to agility_girl.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 12:11 pm
Ah yes...quite right, a different bucket of worms.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 05:43 pm
Just curious, Godiva, how old are you?
0 Replies

Godiva8705

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2004 05:43 pm
Deleted
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 06:58 am
Oops I see I wrote morels and this has nothing to do with mushrooms unless they're growing in a bucket of worms. Anyway as Godiva said this string is about age gaps. Large age gaps in US culture seem to be nearly as taboo as incest. I'm about to visit the states for month with a wife half my age. Will the middle aged waitress at Denny's in Somewhere, Kansas say "and what will your daughter have?"?
0 Replies

Godiva8705

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 08:52 pm
I don't think large age gaps in the US are such a big deal as they used to be, except maybe in the more religious states. Broadly speaking I think the further south you go the worse it is! Anyway Pitter you have a really great time in the States,
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 07:01 am
Ok Godiva thanks. We won't cross the Mason-Dixon.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 06:17 pm
Godiva, I suppose it was was rude to ask Smile but you said your lover was 30 years older than you, so I was just curious where to start doing the math.
0 Replies

Godiva8705

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 04:06 pm
Deleted
0 Replies

agility girl

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 02:44 pm
katya8 wrote:
Agility.......would you tell us how you two met, how/when you became more than just friends, and what your guy does for a living?

We met through his dog. He is my neighbor and I offered to walk his dog for him because I walk mine by his house every day and his pup needed exercise. Gradually we became friends, after a few months of just talking and getting to know eachother and it progressed from there.

I work at a coffee shop/roastery and he works on highway patrol.

Does that help at all?

Sorry I have been rather absent on this post, my computer has been acting up Mad
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 06:45 pm
(:0)
0 Replies

ms lolly luva

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 11:11 pm
Go For It
agility_girl.....I say go for it!
Of course you should be careful, but don't miss out on an opportunity for happiness just because of an age gap.
When it comes down to it, its just a number.
I'm 18 and in a relationship with a 29 year old guy. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me.
Had I listened to the opinions of my family and friends when i first told them, I wouldnt be with my soulmate right now.
As long as you're happy, then that's all that matters.
0 Replies