Zardoz

Sun 25 Nov, 2012 08:49 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O read em and weep Frank Meyer is not considered the father of the progressive movement however he is considered the “Father” of the “The Modern Conservative Movement” his biography is still available. James Burnham was another communist editor of the “National Review” considered the conservative bible. Whitaker Chambers was yet another communist editor of Buckley’ “National Review.”

Truth is indeed much stranger than fiction and all the propaganda in the world can’t make the historical facts disappear. Can you imagine the outrage on red neck right radio if Obama granted the highest civilian award in the country to a communists spy? Glen Becks head really would explode. The Presidential Medal Freedom is civilian equivalent of the military Medal of Honor.

This will be coming to a book store near you so you will not miss any of the facts.

Ever wonder where your hatred of U S government comes from? It comes quite naturally from Communist like Frank Meyer and Whitaker Chambers who life’s ambition was to destroy the government of America.
The biography of Frank Meyer is “Principles and Heresies: Frank S. Meyer and the Shaping of the American Conservative Movement” by Kevin J. Smant

H2O I know you will never read it but there are others who are interested in the truth.
0 Replies

parados

Sun 25 Nov, 2012 09:17 pm
@Zardoz,
Zardoz, you can't use only the tax rate when calculating tax paid. The Reagan tax cuts cut rates but also reduced tax deductions. That means while the effective rate may have been cut it wasn't cut by just the difference in the old rates compared to the new rates.
Zardoz

Mon 26 Nov, 2012 06:28 am
@parados,
Parados of course there are nominal tax rates and effective tax rates.
The red neck right always uses the tax tables to argue for a tax cut even though the effective rate may in fact be zero, as it was for many of the ungodly greedy at one time. Romney had a tax rate of 35% in the tax tables but paid only 14% and did not claim all of his deductions to make it look like he actually paid higher tax rate than he did. There is also an alternative minimum tax to insure people like Romney pay some token amount of tax on their vast fortune but Romney got around that law also. If the ungodly greedy paid a zero in taxes they would still squeal like a stuck pig about the tax table rate.

The year after Reagan cut the deductions you can bet most were not only quietly restored but many new ones added. A raise in tax rates gets the public attentions but the restorations of tax deductions does not. Special tax bills that make special deductions for millionaires routinely move through Congress all the time without publicity.

When Congress passed the first income tax legislation they immediately began writing legislation to exempt themselves from it.

It has to be tax rates that are raised because the elimination of deductions won’t long stay eliminated.

parados

Mon 26 Nov, 2012 08:20 am
@Zardoz,
Quote:

The year after Reagan cut the deductions you can bet most were not only quietly restored but many new ones added.

If you were to bet that I can guarantee you would lose.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Mon 26 Nov, 2012 08:23 am

The lackluster liberal left hasn't got a clue...
Zardoz

Tue 27 Nov, 2012 05:44 am
@parados,
Parados, I can see that you don’t follow Congress very closely. Congress writes custom tax deductions for individual families. Bob Dole championed a special tax exemption for the Gallo wine fortune to make this family exempt from inheritance tax.

A tax lawyer who it was widely believed was working for Bill Gates had a bill passed in Congress that allowed a $10 million dollar tax exemption if the money was given to an organization with the stipulation that the organization could use the interest for 6 years and at the end of that period that $10 million would be returned to Gates or other rich benefactor and it would be stipulated that it would be tax free. The organization got the interest for 6 years but the ungodly greedy laundered their money and made it tax free.

At any one time there are more bills to provide tax deductions for the ungodly greedy winding themselves through congress that you can even imagine. To believe that business as usual was suspended at any point during Reagan presidency let alone after many of the ungodly greedy favorite tax deductions were eliminated is foolish. Why do you think Romney tax return was 500 pages? It took one page to figure the taxes and 499 pages for deductions for expenses for his dancing horse and other nonsense. I have one book that details just a fraction of the deductions available to the ungodly since Reagan term in office. Any deduction that Reagan eliminated came back in triplicate.
Zardoz

Tue 27 Nov, 2012 06:13 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O, I’ll bet you are still trying to figure out where the massive tax increases went when Reagan eliminated all those deductions especially in view of the fact that Reagan tripled the national debt. In this case the figures don't lie. Reagan tripled the national debt by cutting the taxes on the ungodly greedy by 60% and middle class America was put in a tail spin that it never pulled out of.
parados

Tue 27 Nov, 2012 07:46 am
@Zardoz,
Of course Congress writes personalized tax code. That doesn't mean they have restored all the deductions they removed in the 80s. In fact I can name one off the top of my head: prior to the Reagan tax changes you could write off credit card interest and auto loan interest. That deduction has not returned.

I believe you could also write off state income taxes AND state sales taxes. You now have to choose one or the other.

Is the tax code written to benefit the rich? Yes. But making claims that aren't true about that tax code doesn't make a valid argument about why we need to change it.
H2O MAN

Tue 27 Nov, 2012 09:30 am
@Zardoz,
Zar, take off your blindfold.

This countries economy is in a death spiral, tax increases will only tighten the spiral.
parados

Tue 27 Nov, 2012 10:27 am
@H2O MAN,
If only we had no taxes we could be as wealthy as Somalia.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Tue 27 Nov, 2012 06:09 pm
@parados,
Parados, do you mean that you do not claim the interest on your credit cards and car loans? I know many people who still do and have no problem getting a tax deduction for all their credit card and car loans. You just don’t know how to play the game. If you had a good accountant he would tell you how. You simply refinance your $5 million mansion borrow the money to pay off your $100,000 dollar credit card bill and your car loans. The interest on your home loan is of course tax deductible. When Congress closes a door they always open a window for the ungodly greedy. My brother in law has done this trick many times since that loophole was disguised, it was never eliminated.

You are correct that you have a choice between state and local income taxes or claiming the sales tax. I didn’t say all the tax deductions were put back in force just most of them.

Why do you think the commie/conservatives are so stubborn about wanting to eliminate tax deductions instead of just raising the tax brackets? They are like a used car dealer that reposes a car because the payment is a few days late. They get to sell the same car again. The best investment in America is a political contribution the return is $100 in benefit for every dollar invested. If tax deductions are repealed the commie/conservatives will sell the same tax deductions again to the ungodly greedy. Just one of the ungodly greedy poured $100 million into the last election. When the ungodly greedy ask for their tax deductions back every commie/conservative in Congress will get millions from the ungodly greedy to restore the tax deductions. Quite a deal you get public credit for eliminating the tax deduction and the ungodly greedy’ money to restore them. This is a win, win situation for the commie/conservatives.
0 Replies

roger

Tue 27 Nov, 2012 06:37 pm
@Zardoz,
A Reagan tax on excess wealth? How did that work; kind of a net worth assessment? Was there a federal tax on home ownership, or just on bank accounts, and the like?
Zardoz

Wed 28 Nov, 2012 06:30 am
@roger,
Roger, the taxes on “excess wealth” was passed in 1913. Reagan cut the tax on “excess wealth” from 70% to 28%. To understand the purpose of that bill you have to read the actual speech that introduced the tax on “excess wealth” to the 1913 house. That speech clearly states the intent and purpose of that bill. At no point was the purpose or intention of this bill to tax any workingman and it was clearly stated only those who had “excess wealth” were to be taxed and the original exemption was $4,000 per couple in 1913, that would be $89,634 in 2011 dollars.

Greed is one of the seven deadly sins and it is not only deadly to men but societies as a whole. Massive amounts of greed are nothing more than massive amounts of political power, a form of absolute power and you will remember absolute power corrupts absolutely. A society either takes steps to control greed or the greedy control society and when the greedy control society they use their power to take more and more. Most Americans were not alive long enough to witness the massive amount of damage done by the ungodly greedy. Most didn’t see witness a society where it now takes working couples 32 more hours a week to earn less than their fathers did as a single bread winner. It has just become accepted norm that a woman will put in as many or more hours than their husband. The first 13 years of my marriage my wife did not work and I made a better living than I did when she held a full time job.

Throw a frog in boiling water and the frog will jump out but put him in cold water and heat it slowly and he will be cooked and not realize it.

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Wed 28 Nov, 2012 08:19 am

Obama will spend more in the next 8 days campaigning
to raise taxes than the proposed tax hikes will bring in.

Increasing federal tax revenues is NOT his desired result.
Zardoz

Thu 29 Nov, 2012 06:32 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O evidently you failed counting 101 because you have no idea how concentrated wealth of America has become in the hands of the few. Just five hedge fund managers made over a billion last year for shuffling paper and one made over $5 billion in a year. Working people are required to pay a 30% tax rate while every one of these billionaires pay 15% or less. Just making these 5 people pay the 35% rate would pay to fly Obama to Mars and back. Next raising taxes on the Wal-Mart billionaires these are four of the ten richest people in the world, who make their money on backs of the working poor worldwide, would keep from cutting Medicare.

H2O you have no concept at all of the true nature of wealth held by the ungodly greedy what you have is a belief in whatever that drug addicts Rush Slimbaugh tells you. Next we go after Lloyd Blankfein, CEO of Goldman Sachs, who stuffed $100 million taxpayer dollars into his own pockets and is telling people they will have to cut social security before raising the taxes on his billion dollar income. The man is a thief and publicly brags about stealing and now he wants to steal the social security.

There are not enough of the ungodly greedy to make the massive amount of theft of America wealth possible but automatrons like you are the true enablers, they generate the excuses and the justifications that is the wind beneath the wings of the ungodly greedy. The automatrons are not rich themselves but they are wanabees.
H2O MAN

Thu 29 Nov, 2012 08:43 am
@Zardoz,

Zar, it's clear that you are a close minded fool without a freaking clue.

Zar, you are an idiot.
Rockhead

Thu 29 Nov, 2012 09:03 am
@H2O MAN,
"Zar, it's clear that you are a close minded fool without a freaking clue."

Shocked

birds of a feather...
H2O MAN

Thu 29 Nov, 2012 09:19 am
@Rockhead,
The two of you make a cute couple.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Fri 30 Nov, 2012 06:19 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead I don’t have a closed mind and I have read most of the right propaganda books in my library. Many people buy only books that reinforce their point of view. I will buy books from both sides and contrast ideas and investigate what the actual facts are. The way not only your brain but artificial intelligence is designed is to cut and trim away unused pathways in the brain. Your brain is actually constructed of neuropath ways. What we conceive of as thought has an underlying physical structure that underlies it. As we think and what we think actually designs and creates our brain.

When I looked at the social security problem I choose two books one from an author on the right the other from an author on the left. I don’t want the even neuropath ways on the right to be cut or eliminated.
djjd62

Fri 30 Nov, 2012 06:41 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
But making claims that aren't true about that tax code doesn't make a valid argument about why we need to change it.

but it is more fun

i heard the tax code allows the IRS to force you rape your dog if they want*

* if you don't own a dog, the tax code can also force you to get one, the good news is, if the IRS forces you to buy a rape dog, it is tax deductible