Why There Cannot Be Peace Between Israel and the Palestinians

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 03:22 pm
@Advocate,
Quote:
So-called "targeting" is a baseless assertion.

Do you think that the building was not targeted?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 03:31 pm
@Advocate,
Is this the British Mandate you're talking about?

Quote:
The preamble of the mandate document declared:
Whereas the Principal Allied Powers have also agreed that the Mandatory should be responsible for putting into effect the declaration originally made on November 2nd, 1917, by the Government of His Britannic Majesty, and adopted by the said Powers, in favour of the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, it being clearly understood that nothing should be done which might prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.[27]

Do you have any understanding of "it being clearly understood that nothing should be done which might prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities of Palestine?"
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 05:20 pm
Just as we have extremest Jews we also have extremest Palestinians. Maybe someone can confirm if this is truly what a news station reported.

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 07:13 pm
@reasoning logic,
We also have extremist Americans in our government. What are you trying to tell us?
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 07:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
We also have extremist Americans in our government. What are you trying to tell us?

Are you done ignoring me? This is exactly my point, the problems that we all face are very difficult for us to understand. I think that we might need to consider the advice of other social scientist.
georgeob1

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 07:29 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

What a big lie. Israel doesn't discriminate or oppress its Palestinian citizens.
Nonsense. Economic discrtimination is widespread even for Palestinian citizens of Israel. They earn less money for the same or similar jobs and their ability to serve in government jobs is severely limited. As for the Palestinian citizens of the territory that Israel has illegally occupied since the 1967 war, they have virtually no civil or property rights, and very little economic opportunity. Their property is taken from them by various scams by Israeli settlers ; their right to movement around even the West Bank is severely limited and subject to unannounced checkpoints and inspections by the IDF ; they have no rights to representation in the Israeli government which controls their access to the outside world, water, energy and telecommunications. The former Christian populatiuon of Palestine has been pushed aside and is now about 25% of what it was in 1945.

The stark fact is that real support for Israel among the American people and certainly within our current administration is mostly gone: only a cynical and false facade remains.
Setanta

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 07:35 pm
You'll likely be called a liar and an antisemite, now, O'George.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 07:53 pm
@reasoning logic,
I do peek in once-in-awhile to challenge what those I put on Ignore are saying.

That's part and parcel of my entertainment on a2k. Mr. Green

I don't waste time what their responses are, because I already have an idea what "you'll" say.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 07:57 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Nonsense. Economic discrtimination is widespread even for Palestinian citizens of Israel. They earn less money for the same or similar jobs and their ability to serve in government jobs is severely limited. As for the Palestinian citizens of the territory that Israel has illegally occupied since the 1967 war, they have virtually no civil or property rights, and very little economic opportunity. Their property is taken from them by various scams by Israeli settlers ; their right to movement around even the West Bank is severely limited and subject to unannounced checkpoints and inspections by the IDF ; they have no rights to representation in the Israeli government which controls their access to the outside world, water, energy and telecommunications. The former Christian populatiuon of Palestine has been pushed aside and is now about 25% of what it was in 1945.

You may disagree with what I share with you and you may find it rather bizarre..

I personally think that most of us do not see the injustice that we do to our own love ones by the actions that we indirectly impose on them. This could possibly include your own mother, father, brother, sister and so forth. I think that we all have a limited ethical radius and we are also able exclude our own love ones by rationalization.

Example If we were to go back ten thousand years we might find that who ever was the most physically fit was able to be at an advantage and dominate over those who were not but over time the intellectually advanced were able to move ahead of them. My question is how is it any different for the physically advanced among us to take advantage of the weaker than it is for the intellectually advanced to take advantage of the intellectually challenged? Just because you may more witted or some how positioned by luck how could it be morally possible for you to earn in a day what your own mother may earn in a year?

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 07:58 pm
I see rl has responded to my post. What a clod! Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 08:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I don't waste time what their responses are, because I already have an idea what "you'll" say.

Should I keep this in mind and not respond to you so that I am not wasting my time on those who do not waste their time on my responses?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 10:09 pm
I wonder if Israel and Palestine were able to relate to this song if they could make progress.

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 05:07 am
Reality?

gungasnake

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 05:55 am
http://palwatch.org/
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 12:04 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

I personally think that most of us do not see the injustice that we do to our own love ones by the actions that we indirectly impose on them. This could possibly include your own mother, father, brother, sister and so forth. I think that we all have a limited ethical radius and we are also able exclude our own love ones by rationalization.
A few phrases here and there that convey meaning, but overall, after three readings, I can't find any consistent meaning of your words above.

Example If we were to go back ten thousand years we might find that who ever was the most physically fit was able to be at an advantage and dominate over those who were not but over time the intellectually advanced were able to move ahead of them. My question is how is it any different for the physically advanced among us to take advantage of the weaker than it is for the intellectually advanced to take advantage of the intellectually challenged? Just because you may more witted or some how positioned by luck how could it be morally possible for you to earn in a day what your own mother may earn in a year?[/quote] Life is indeed unfair, and attempts to redeem it through governance usually end ou with a tyranny self-appointed elite taking advantage of everyone.

More importantly though your implicit assumption that anyones success must necessarily rest on the exploitation ("taking advantage of") others is simply not in conformance with the facts. Did Leonardo Da Vinci's achievements in engineering, art and the science of the day involve "taking advantage of others" ? There may well have been some of that, but I doubt seriously it was the main ingredient. Is a gifted and well-trained athelete "taking advantage of" the sports fan who follow his play?

We are not all equal in every category of human activity either in terms of our genetic inheritance, our environment growing up, or, perhaps more importantly, in terms of our own reactions to these things and the choices and actions we take - or don't take.

You are applying many unstated, and some indefensible assumptions, in your, far too abstract, speculations here. They are neither reasoning nor logic.
georgeob1

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 12:06 pm
@georgeob1,
reasoning logic wrote:

A few phrases here and there that convey meaning, but overall, after three readings, I can't find any consistent meaning of your words above.

reasoning logic wrote:
Example If we were to go back ten thousand years we might find that who ever was the most physically fit was able to be at an advantage and dominate over those who were not but over time the intellectually advanced were able to move ahead of them. My question is how is it any different for the physically advanced among us to take advantage of the weaker than it is for the intellectually advanced to take advantage of the intellectually challenged? Just because you may more witted or some how positioned by luck how could it be morally possible for you to earn in a day what your own mother may earn in a year?
Life is indeed unfair, and attempts to redeem it through governance usually end ou with a tyranny self-appointed elite taking advantage of everyone.

More importantly though your implicit assumption that anyones success must necessarily rest on the exploitation ("taking advantage of") others is simply not in conformance with the facts. Did Leonardo Da Vinci's achievements in engineering, art and the science of the day involve "taking advantage of others" ? There may well have been some of that, but I doubt seriously it was the main ingredient. Is a gifted and well-trained athelete "taking advantage of" the sports fan who follow his play?

We are not all equal in every category of human activity either in terms of our genetic inheritance, our environment growing up, or, perhaps more importantly, in terms of our own reactions to these things and the choices and actions we take - or don't take.

You are applying many unstated, and some indefensible assumptions, in your, far too abstract, speculations here. They are neither reasonable nor logical.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 12:09 pm
@georgeob1,
rl's postings are based on "I'm not sure of anything" even after providing irrefutable evidence. He's on my Ignore list of people who can't make up his mind on most subjects; too wishy-washy for any meaningful discussion.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 12:29 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
More importantly though your implicit assumption that anyones success must necessarily rest on the exploitation ("taking advantage of")

I am not sure why you have accused me of this type of thinking when this is your own assumption of what I think.

I realize that some people are more productive than others and I also think that they should be rewarded for their hard work. I do not think that anything should be taken from them neither. It seems to me that you do not understand my position and that is not your fault because I have not shared enough information on the subject with you. I may have another thread that addresses this subject and if you are interested in it I will share it with you.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 12:34 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Reality?

Not yet, but one can always hope...
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 12:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
rl's postings are based on "I'm not sure of anything" even after providing irrefutable evidence. He's on my Ignore list of people who can't make up his mind on most subjects; too wishy-washy for any meaningful discussion.

I think that this reply needs interpretation so that others can understand the true meaning. Wink

Translation'" rl's postings are based on skepticism even after providing what I "believe" to be irrefutable evidence. He's on my Ignore list of people who do not see things the way I see them on most subjects; too skeptical for any meaningful discussion.

0 Replies