Why There Cannot Be Peace Between Israel and the Palestinians

oralloy

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2013 05:03 pm
@Berty McJock,
Berty McJock wrote:
oh sorry i forgot the israelis aren't actively settling on palestinian land,

Correct. The vast majority of the Israeli settlers are west of the Separation Fence, on land that belongs to Israel.

Berty McJock wrote:
that the palestinian way of life isn't crap because sanctions, beyond what is deemed acceptable by the international community, have been imposed on them by the israelis (concrete for example is forbidden, handy when the israelis are destroying your infrastructure),

Nonsense. The Israeli blockade is a lawful act of war, and the international community has no basis for complaining about it.

And if the Palestinians did not want to have to suffer the effects of a lawful blockade, then they shouldn't be trying to massacre innocent civilians every chance they get.

Berty McJock wrote:
israeli soldiers indiscriminate targetting of children???? noooooo that doesn't happen at all.

Correct. That does not happen.

The only people who target children (indiscriminately or otherwise) are the Palestinians.

Berty McJock wrote:
or how about the big wall they didn't erect separating palestinian families....

That wall is being built on the border between Israel and the Palestinians.

It is legitimate for nations to build walls to seal off their borders (especially when the people on the other side would cross the border and massacre civilians if the wall were not there).

Berty McJock wrote:
wouldnt you resort to hostile agression when you can't protect your own people and territory from equally hostile actions?

Israel's actions are not hostile. All Israel does is defend themselves from aggressors who refuse to make peace.

Berty McJock wrote:
open your eyes. israel are no saints in this.

Israel has done nothing wrong. All they have done is defend themselves from aggressors who refuse to make peace.

Berty McJock wrote:
i'm not justifying palestinian tactics, just saying that israel are equally as aggressive (more so even) and palestine have no infrastructure to deal with it.

And what you say is not true. All Israel does is defend themselves from aggressors who refuse to make peace.
Berty McJock

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2013 05:13 pm
@oralloy,
you honestly have no idea whats going on out there do you...pleeeeaaaase look it up and you will see you are wrong. children have been shot on several occasions by israeli soldiers. israel are actively removing palestinians from their homes, bulldozing them, and settling there...there has been a huge international outcry about this. the big wall routinely encroaches on the palestinian side of the border, and families have been separated by it, innocent civilians are stopped from going to work. israels actions are hostile. killing unarmed children is hostile, land grabbing is hostile, israel have done plenty wrong...remember that flotilla which was trying to deliver aid, that they stormed? there were westerners in highly esteemed positions aboard it (nobel laureates no less) who have spoken out about israeli aggression on board, they saw it...THEY WERE THERE...this isn't palestinian propaganda, this is irrefutable fact, and they were only trying to deliver humanitarian aid. you are so blind to whats goin on...i really do implore you to look into world events. it is shameful that this is going on and nobody is doing anything.
oralloy

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2013 06:14 pm
@Berty McJock,
Berty McJock wrote:
you honestly have no idea whats going on out there do you...pleeeeaaaase look it up and you will see you are wrong.

Actually I am extremely familiar with the situation there. And I'm not wrong.

Berty McJock wrote:
children have been shot on several occasions by israeli soldiers.

In any war there is a risk of collateral damage, so there probably were a few Palestinian children accidentally killed by Israeli soldiers. But those cases are both accidental and few in number.

Most of the supposed "dead Palestinian children" were either entirely fake, or they were 15 year old militants who were killed while trying to attack Israeli soldiers with a deadly weapon.

Berty McJock wrote:
israel are actively removing palestinians from their homes, bulldozing them, and settling there...there has been a huge international outcry about this.

I think I remember hearing about that. Those Palestinians were living in an illegal settlement. (Israel also removes Israeli settlers from illegal settlements.)

Berty McJock wrote:
the big wall routinely encroaches on the palestinian side of the border,

Wrong. The Separation Fence IS the border.

It may not be where the Palestinians want the border to be, but it is where the border is going to be.

If the Palestinians wanted any say in the course of the border, they should have tried peaceful negotiations.

Berty McJock wrote:
israels actions are hostile.

No. All Israel does is defend themselves from people who refuse to make peace.

Berty McJock wrote:
killing unarmed children is hostile,

The only people who intentionally kill unarmed children are the Palestinians.

Berty McJock wrote:
land grabbing is hostile,

Nonsense. Since the Palestinians refuse to make peace, Israel has the right to draw their borders as they please.

Berty McJock wrote:
israel have done plenty wrong...

No. Not really.

Berty McJock wrote:
remember that flotilla which was trying to deliver aid, that they stormed? there were westerners in highly esteemed positions aboard it (nobel laureates no less) who have spoken out about israeli aggression on board, they saw it...THEY WERE THERE...this isn't palestinian propaganda, this is irrefutable fact, and they were only trying to deliver humanitarian aid.

By trying to run a lawful blockade, that flotilla was committing an act of war against Israel. And according to the Laws of War, Israel had the right to torpedo that ship and instantly kill everyone on board.

What Israel did to the flotilla was pretty mild compared to what they had the right to do.

Berty McJock wrote:
you are so blind to whats goin on...i really do implore you to look into world events.

I am well aware of world events.

Berty McJock wrote:
it is shameful that this is going on and nobody is doing anything.

The only thing that is going on is: Israel is defending themselves from people who refuse to make peace. That is all in proper order. They have the right to defend themselves.
Berty McJock

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2013 07:00 pm
@oralloy,
sorry. you are clueless, in denial, and ignorant. you are wrong on every point.

children have been targeted on several occasions, some as young as 10 with nothing more than stones.

i'm not talking about one settlement. i'm talking about repeated removals of people from their homes, in more than one location.

the fence is NOT the border, it runs mostly along the border, but in quite a few places encroaches onto palestinian land...and not just by a few centimetres.

no country anywhere in the world has the right to draw borders as they see fit, unless of course you are ok with mexico moving their border further north, and canada further south...perhaps till they meet in the middle...pure fantasy. utter drivel!

the blockade was illegal you numpty...thats exactly why they were running it.

israel are hostile.

again im not being an apologist for palestine, but i wont lick israeli arse either.

you are an idiot.

i'm done with you.
oralloy

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2013 07:44 pm
@Berty McJock,
Berty McJock wrote:
sorry. you are clueless, in denial, and ignorant. you are wrong on every point.

Nonsense.

Berty McJock wrote:
children have been targeted on several occasions, some as young as 10 with nothing more than stones.

A thrown stone is a lethal weapon.

Those "children" were militants, and Israel was within their rights to shoot them in the head with a .50BMG rifle.

Berty McJock wrote:
i'm not talking about one settlement. i'm talking about repeated removals of people from their homes, in more than one location.

Sounds like you are talking about a policy that ended more than a decade ago then.

Berty McJock wrote:
the fence is NOT the border,

Yes it is.

Berty McJock wrote:
it runs mostly along the border, but in quite a few places encroaches onto palestinian land...and not just by a few centimetres.

That is hardly Palestinian land.

It is land that the Palestinians desire.

It is land that the Palestinians probably would have gotten had they been willing to negotiate in peace.

But it is land that Israel is going to keep for themselves now that they are unilaterally drawing their own border.

Berty McJock wrote:
no country anywhere in the world has the right to draw borders as they see fit,

Wrong. The Palestinian right to a negotiated border ended when they and the UN abrogated the Oslo Accords. Now Israel gets to draw their own border as they see fit.

Berty McJock wrote:
unless of course you are ok with mexico moving their border further north, and canada further south...perhaps till they meet in the middle...pure fantasy. utter drivel!

The US military might have something to say about that.

Berty McJock wrote:
the blockade was illegal you numpty...thats exactly why they were running it.

Nope. Blockades are lawful acts of war under international law.

Berty McJock wrote:
israel are hostile.

Nope. All Israel does is defend themselves from people who refuse to make peace.

Berty McJock wrote:
you are an idiot.

Childish name-calling will not change the reality that Israel has done nothing wrong.
JTT

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2013 07:49 pm
@Berty McJock,
Oralboy lies his ass off, Berty. He's one of the more deluded Americans.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2013 07:59 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Childish name-calling will not change the reality that Israel has done nothing wrong.

You are not correct about Israel doing nothing wrong. and neither will a sociopathic mindset be correct when it comes to morality.

Berty McJock

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2013 08:01 pm
@oralloy,
you're actually making me angry.

children are never legitimate targets. they are protected under international law. you are wrong!

sounds like you haven't checked israels settlement building in the last 10 years.

a fence is not a border, it may MARK a border, but it's not the border.

if there is a border...you say so yourself, then whose land is on the other side of the border to the israeli side? oh that would be palestinian land. it's in the definition of the word border.

Quote:
The US military might have something to say about that.

my question was rhetorical to show what a completely foolish concept it was.

a blockade may well be a legitimate tactic during war, however palestine have no army. no army, no war. yes it's a technicality, but under international law it's an important and valid technicality. this is also a reason the "war" on terror is unwinnable....it's not a war.

i wasn't resorting to name calling, i'm not that childish...i honestly believe you are an idiot. no offence, just my opinion.
Berty McJock

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2013 08:03 pm
sorry everyone... but i see what's going on over there, and people like this just make me want to.....AAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2013 09:37 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Oralboy lies his ass off, Berty. He's one of the more deluded Americans.

Feel free to try to list even one improper thing that Israel has done.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2013 09:39 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
You are not correct about Israel doing nothing wrong.

Feel free to try to list even one improper thing that Israel has done.

reasoning logic wrote:
and neither will a sociopathic mindset be correct when it comes to morality.

The only people who have a sociopathic mindset are the Palestinians. That's why they refuse to make peace, and why they are always trying to murder innocent people.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2013 09:46 pm
@Berty McJock,
Berty McJock wrote:
you're actually making me angry.

All I'm doing is pointing out the truth.

Berty McJock wrote:
children are never legitimate targets. they are protected under international law. you are wrong!

Nope. When "children" go onto a battlefield and attack other soldiers with a deadly weapon, it is entirely legitimate to shoot them.

Berty McJock wrote:
sounds like you haven't checked israels settlement building in the last 10 years.

Almost all of that settlement construction is on Israel's side of the border.

Berty McJock wrote:
a fence is not a border, it may MARK a border, but it's not the border.

That's silly quibbling.

Berty McJock wrote:
if there is a border...you say so yourself, then whose land is on the other side of the border to the israeli side? oh that would be palestinian land.

If the Palestinians ever choose to make peace, they'll be allowed create a state on whatever land is east of the Separation Fence.

Berty McJock wrote:
a blockade may well be a legitimate tactic during war, however palestine have no army. no army, no war. yes it's a technicality, but under international law it's an important and valid technicality.

That's not a technicality, that's a bit of gibberish that you concocted.

There is a war, under international law, and Israel is waging a lawful blockade.

And the next attempt to run Israel's lawful blockade might not involve boarding the offending ship. Instead, the blockade runners might be instantly killed by a powerful explosion that blasts their ship into small pieces.

Berty McJock wrote:
this is also a reason the "war" on terror is unwinnable....it's not a war.

No, we are very much at war against al-Qa'ida and all their allies.

That is why it is OK for us to kill terrorists with dronestrikes, and is why it is OK for us to detain people as POWs until the end of the war.

Berty McJock wrote:
i wasn't resorting to name calling, i'm not that childish...i honestly believe you are an idiot. no offence, just my opinion.

No, you are resorting to name-calling, and you are doing it because you don't like it when people confront you with facts.
JTT

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 02:37 am
@oralloy,
Your mouth is becoming incontinent, Oralboy - an unusual amount of semen is spewing from your gob.
Advocate

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 03:33 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Your mouth is becoming incontinent, Oralboy - an unusual amount of semen is spewing from your gob.

Do you have to be such a disgusting creep? Or is it that Jew haters are naturally slimy.
mysteryman

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 04:21 pm
@oralloy,

Quote:
By trying to run a lawful blockade, that flotilla was committing an act of war against Israel. And according to the Laws of War, Israel had the right to torpedo that ship and instantly kill everyone on board.

WRONG!!!!!!!

I strongly suggest you actually READ the appropriate sections on both maritime law AND the Geneva Convention.

To save you some time, try reading this...
http://www.icrc.org/ihl.nsf/full/560?opendocument

now read section 3, paragraph 47...
Quote:
SECTION III : ENEMY VESSELS AND AIRCRAFT EXEMPT FROM ATTACK

Classes of vessels exempt from attack

47. The following classes of enemy vessels are exempt from attack:

(a) hospital ships;
(b) small craft used for coastal rescue operations and other medical transports;
(c) vessels granted safe conduct by agreement between the belligerent parties including:
(i) cartel vessels, e.g., vessels designated for and engaged in the transport of prisoners of war;
(ii) vessels engaged in humanitarian missions, including vessels carrying supplies indispensable to the survival of the civilian population, and vessels engaged in relief actions and rescue operations;
(d) vessels engaged in transporting cultural property under special protection;
(e) passenger vessels when engaged only in carrying civilian passengers;
(f) vessels charged with religious, non-military scientifc or philanthropic missions, vessels collecting scientific data of likely military applications are not protected;
(g) small coastal fishing vessels and small boats engaged in local coastal trade, but they are subject to the regulations of a belligerent naval commander operating in the area and to inspection;
(h) vessels designated or adapted exclusively for responding to pollution incidents in the marine environment;
(i) vessels which have surrendered;
(j) life rafts and life boats.

The ships the Israeli's attacked qualify under (b)(ii) AND under (i).

There is NO law that allows unarmed ships to be torpedoed and everyone killed, that has been a maritime law since at least ww1.
Berty McJock

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 04:31 pm
@mysteryman,
thank-you Smile
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 05:32 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
oralloy wrote:

WRONG!!!!!!!

Nope. Ships that try to run a blockade can be sunk.

mysteryman wrote:
I strongly suggest you actually READ the appropriate sections on both maritime law AND the Geneva Convention.

I am already familiar with the laws of war. You might want to get familiar with them yourself though, if you want to try making points about them.

mysteryman wrote:
To save you some time, try reading this...
http://www.icrc.org/ihl.nsf/full/560?opendocument

now read section 3, paragraph 47...
Quote:
SECTION III : ENEMY VESSELS AND AIRCRAFT EXEMPT FROM ATTACK

Classes of vessels exempt from attack

47. The following classes of enemy vessels are exempt from attack:

(a) hospital ships;
(b) small craft used for coastal rescue operations and other medical transports;
(c) vessels granted safe conduct by agreement between the belligerent parties including:
(i) cartel vessels, e.g., vessels designated for and engaged in the transport of prisoners of war;
(ii) vessels engaged in humanitarian missions, including vessels carrying supplies indispensable to the survival of the civilian population, and vessels engaged in relief actions and rescue operations;
(d) vessels engaged in transporting cultural property under special protection;
(e) passenger vessels when engaged only in carrying civilian passengers;
(f) vessels charged with religious, non-military scientifc or philanthropic missions, vessels collecting scientific data of likely military applications are not protected;
(g) small coastal fishing vessels and small boats engaged in local coastal trade, but they are subject to the regulations of a belligerent naval commander operating in the area and to inspection;
(h) vessels designated or adapted exclusively for responding to pollution incidents in the marine environment;
(i) vessels which have surrendered;
(j) life rafts and life boats.

The ships the Israeli's attacked qualify under (b)(ii) AND under (i).

There is no "(b)(ii)" in the text you quoted.

(i) is "vessels which have surrendered"

It is true that, had the vessel surrendered, it would not then be subject to attack.

However, since the vessel was refusing to surrender (or even comply with orders in any way), that clearly would not have applied to them.

mysteryman wrote:
There is NO law that allows unarmed ships to be torpedoed and everyone killed, that has been a maritime law since at least ww1.

Yes there is. Ships that try to run a blockade can be sunk.

And if the torpedo or missile that destroys the ship has enough explosive force to instantly snap the necks of all on board the ship, that's perfectly fine.
oralloy

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 02:55 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

Yes there is. Ships that try to run a blockade can be sunk.

And if the torpedo or missile that destroys the ship has enough explosive force to instantly snap the necks of all on board the ship, that's perfectly fine.

I just took the time to skim the treaty, and:

67. Merchant vessels flying the flag of neutral States may not be attacked unless they:
(a) are believed on reasonable grounds to be carrying contraband or breaching a blockade, and after prior warning they intentionally and clearly refuse to stop, or intentionally and clearly resist visit, search or capture;

So that's clear enough. Let's get the torpedoes and anti-ship missiles ready for the next flotilla. The fish need some meat confetti to munch on.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 08:33 pm
@Advocate,
Quote:
Or is it that Jew haters are naturally slimy.

Are you a Jew hater, A? Why?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 09:12 am
@Advocate,
Quote:
Do you have to be such a disgusting creep? Or is it that Jew haters are naturally slimy.

What, Advocate, do you see as the major difference between people who "hate Jews" (other than perhaps you think them naturally slimy)...and people who hate "people who hate Jews?"

I want to go on record now that I am not a part of either group.

I understand that some people hate Jews...and while I do not one of them, I can understand that their life experiences have, unfortunately, brought them to that point.

I understand that some people hate "people who hate Jews"...and while I am not one of them, I can understand that their life experiences have, unfortunately, brought them to that point.