Florida...you know - any and all info

quinn1

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 09:45 am
So...tell me about the sunshine state. Since I'm here. Which also leads me to..anyone around?
I'm on the lookout for a job...anything different about the area I should be aware of?
Plenty of sights to see...what are your favorites? Best photo ops GREATLY appreciated!
The weather is lovely ( compared to Bahstin) but why am I freezing in the am and dyin of the heat by midday? All useful weather info a blessing.
Shopping is interesting. Farmers markets here seem to be shopping plazas out of doors rather than actual markets as I know them anyway. What else should I know?

As always.....
Thanksforlistening

View best answer, chosen by quinn1
jcboy

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 09:50 am
@quinn1,
I love Florida, only lived here for three years now. I live in St. Pete, Tampa Bay area. What kind of work do you do?
ehBeth

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 09:53 am
@quinn1,
Florida! ragman should be able to help you out in the photo op arean
Setanta
  Selected Answer

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 10:01 am
Why, it's a Massachusselly Cassandra . . . howzyabeen, Boss? The one thing about Florida that i really didn't like was the weather . . . it seemed to be always drunk out.
Ragman

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 10:05 am
@quinn1,
Yay! MassCass is back.
Hi! welcome back. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

So where are you in FL ? I'm in Sarasota/Bradenton area..30 mins drive south of JCBoy.

For a starter, downtown Sarasota has a Farmers Market every Saturday morning from 7am to 1pm ..and it's all outdoors..with tents etc., right in the street adjacent to Whole Foods store. http://www.sarasotafarmersmarket.org/

How can I help? BTW, I'm still a photog.
tsarstepan

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 10:07 am
@Ragman,
It's my first MassCass sighting since I've been to a2k.

I can only say, welcome back Quinn. My sister lives in Cape Coral and the job market is difficult. Fort Meyers is where they have the Red Sox spring training but that's a bit away (months) from now.

Good luck on the job hunt and stay in touch here.
quinn1

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 10:17 am
Gulf Coast....helpful
0 Replies

quinn1

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 10:23 am
Goodness...great to see everyone so quickly!

I am looking for Admin, Accounting, Project stuff...where I find employment will determine my final destination. Currently looking in Sarasota and surrounding.

We're probably neighbors ragman...pm me. I was there this weekend. Lol.

I can see where drunk could be a weather pattern.

jespah

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 10:23 am
Quinnstress! *tacklehug*!!

You got nice weather. Even if it is weird out. I be jelliss.
0 Replies

Ragman

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 10:32 am
@quinn1,
Check your PM. Florida is now an even sunnier destination than before.
0 Replies

quinn1

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 12:18 pm
@jcboy,
I don't believe we met at any gatherings...perhaps there are others around that would like to in the future though!
Are you from New England?
Took a ride up your way just to see. Should do some more. I think I could spend a day with my camera around Ybor (by the way..how is that pronounced?)
quinn1

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 12:19 pm
@ehBeth,
He's already on it...lol. Good stuff.
0 Replies

quinn1

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 12:20 pm
@Setanta,
Nice to see you....how are you both?
quinn1

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 12:21 pm
@tsarstepan,
Thanks...I need all the luck I can get
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 12:21 pm
@quinn1,
the me part of both is beyond delighted to see you!

jcboy

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 01:05 pm
@quinn1,
quinn1 wrote:

Are you from New England?
Took a ride up your way just to see. Should do some more. I think I could spend a day with my camera around Ybor (by the way..how is that pronounced?)

I’m from CA; I live on the Old Northeast section of St. Pete, near Snell Island.

Ybor is pounced Ebor, Spanish name. It’s a nice Old Spanish town, lots of restaurants, clubs etc.

You could spend a whole day there taking photos, lot’s of neat things to see.
ossobuco

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 01:22 pm
Hi, Quinn, nice to see you back on a2k. Another good luck on the job hunt, and then finding a place to settle.

I know nothing about Florida except that some neato a2kers live there.
roger

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 02:28 pm
@quinn1,
Welcome back, quinn.

I never thought of Florida as a really great job market, what the heck. At least the weather is, well, variable.
margo

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 03:25 pm
Yay! It's MassCass...

Welcome back!
0 Replies

quinn1

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 05:43 pm
@ehBeth,
Lol...delighted to see you too
0 Replies