cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 12:02 pm
@Setanta,
Those crazy corporate paymasters don't understand simple economics; they'd rather ruin our economy than admit they lost the election. It's going to affect the whole world; not only the US. They're all going to see conservatives as the world's pariahs.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 02:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Some of the pundits talking about Obama's meeting with the big company honchos are saying why Obama didn't invite the small business owners. The answer is that small business owners are not the ones who are "creating" more jobs. According to the Small Business Administration, the US creates 600,000 new businesses every year. "They're" the ones creating jobs.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 02:08 pm
My new signature line:

Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future.

John Fitzgerald Kennedy
RABEL222

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 02:15 pm
I am ready to go over the cliff if it will take the Tea Party with me.
Setanta

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 02:22 pm
@RABEL222,
Cool, suicide cliff jumper . . .
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 06:24 pm
@Setanta,
It's nice to see that you've chosen an aspirational signature line because it sure as hell doesn't represent the opinions you've been expressing.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 06:32 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Since tax increase are your Holy Grail, it's not surprising that you would think this way.

In purely political terms, the Republicans only need to appear to have made a good faith effort to compromise.

This will, admittedly, be tough with a MSM calling them obstuctionists all the way, but if they can pull it off, Obama will be saddled with the results of a sequestration process that he promised the American people would not occur.

You're a Krugmanian and so you think increased taxes are good for our economy at this time. When it is proved wrong, he will still be a very wealthy man living in NYC and you, along with the rest of us, will take it in the neck.

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 06:38 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You,
Quote:
the Republicans only need to appear to have made a good faith effort to compromise.

"Appear?" ROFLMAO That period was gone soon after the election on November 6.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 06:44 pm
@maxdancona,
Obviously H2OMan doesn't think that "democracy" is a road to Hell, and your suggestion that he does simply affirms the sentiment of my original post.

Believe it or not the policies of the Obama Administration are not synonomous with democracy, and they can lead us to Hell or to Heaven irrespective of how they got voted in.

Your point is "...you lost, now get over it"

Precisely, because unlike when you found yourself on the losing side, you want the losers this go-round to shut the eff up.

American voters didn't say they preferred four more years of Obama. A slight majority of American voters said they did and, under our system, that's all it took, but the notion that the other 49% of voters who didn't want Obama should now shut the eff up becuase members of the 51% say so has nothing to do with democracy and everything to do with tyranny.

Your side won and now the side that lost is going to bitch, just like you did when your side lost.

Get over it.
Setanta

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 06:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Bullshit . . . your stock in trade.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 06:48 pm
@Setanta,
Now that's a well reasoned reply.

You really need to stop allowing your bile duct to control your fingers.
Setanta

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 06:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
It's pretty hilarious to hear that kind of criticism from you, Moosehead. What a comedian . . . don't give up your day job.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 08:14 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Your side won and now the side that lost is going to bitch, just like you did when your side lost.

I didn't bitch when my side lost. There are even some Republicans who aren't acting like you and H2OMan are acting.

You really don't need to do this.

0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 09:14 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Since tax increase are your Holy Grail, it's not surprising that you would think this way.

In purely political terms, the Republicans only need to appear to have made a good faith effort to compromise.

This will, admittedly, be tough with a MSM calling them obstuctionists all the way, but if they can pull it off, Obama will be saddled with the results of a sequestration process that he promised the American people would not occur.

I have no confidence that Boehner and the house GOP will be able to pull off the deception you describe here. In order to have made a 'good faith' effort to compromise, they have to be prepared to give up [/i]something[/i]. Right now, they haven't shown a willingness to compromise on any point.

Quote:
You're a Krugmanian and so you think increased taxes are good for our economy at this time. When it is proved wrong, he will still be a very wealthy man living in NYC and you, along with the rest of us, will take it in the neck.

This is a misrepresentation of my beliefs. I believe that tax increases are necessary, not because I think it would be 'good for the economy,' but because I believe they represent our only path forward to get rid of our excessive levels of deficit and debt. I believe that higher taxes will indeed slow our economic growth a tiny bit, but - its still the right thing for us to do.

I will note that the economic prognostications coming from you and your party have been stunningly wrong. Low taxes for the wealthy have done NOTHING for growth in our country at all. They have lead to no explosion of jobs or wealth or income for the majority of Americans. It makes no sense for us to continue listening to those whose track record is so poor.

On the other hand, Krugman (who you loathe) has been far, far more right in his predictions and prognostications over the last decade. Why wouldn't we listen to him, instead of you and yours?

The best part of this whole thing, is that you have no real options here. If the GOP can't bring themselves to compromise, they will lose everything. This is a win-win for the Dems.

Cycloptichorn
maxdancona

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 10:11 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
We will see how this plays out. I think your evaluation of the Republicans chances of winning the budget battle is similar to your evaluation of Romney's chances of winning the election.

Obama holds all the cards, and the majority of voters will be behind him and when this starts to go bad, the voters will be angry at the Republicans and there will be tremendous pressure on them to fall in line. The congress will basically give in with some face saving measure to give to their constituents. Conservatives will be left with nothing except complaining about the media.

That's is my take on what is going to happen. We will see if I am right again.

Setanta

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 03:53 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
If the GOP can't bring themselves to compromise, they will lose everything. This is a win-win for the Dems.

Hehehehehehehehehe . . .

I know gloating is bad form, but really, this bunch of mean-spirited bullies has it coming. They can eat crow, or they can self-destruct.
0 Replies

juliazoe4

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 05:33 am
@JPB,
If only it would be that quick!
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 09:41 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
I will note that the economic prognostications coming from you and your party have been stunningly wrong. Low taxes for the wealthy have done NOTHING for growth in our country at all. They have lead to no explosion of jobs or wealth or income for the majority of Americans. It makes no sense for us to continue listening to those whose track record is so poor.

People opposing increased revenues do so in the face of facts vs..empty ideology.

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/rickungar/files/2012/09/15captial-graph-thumbWide2-e1347811904765.jpg

The Numbers Don't Lie

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 11:42 am
@maxdancona,
That's true - to a point. All Obama has to do is not approve anything the GOP brings forward for any compromise. The fiscal cliff will take care of our economy and their party.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 11:46 am
@revelette,
"They" don't care; they're getting $$$$$ from their contributors. They still think $$$$ buys them their election, but as proven on November 6th, that biddy is not longer true. Americans are waking up to the "tricks" the GOP continues to play, and when we go over the fiscal cliff, more "conservatives" are going to be voting for liberals. The red southern states will be the only ones voting for the GOP; the least educated and fact deniers on earth.

They still think Obama is a Kenyan. There's no c..........
0 Replies