cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2013 11:42 am
@blatham,
From medicarefraudcenter.org.

Quote:
Common types of Medicare fraud include:
Hospice care centers overbilling for patients stays and care.
Rehabilitation centers systematically inflating rehab bills.
Durable medical equipment fraud: kickbacks schemes in medical sales of items such as bedding and wheelchairs.
Nursing home overbilling of staff time and patient care.
Assisted living center fraud.
Medical coding: alteration of medical codes for different procedures and diagnosis.
Ambulance service fraud: billing for rides not authorized by Medicare.

Healthcare professionals that report Medicare fraud may be entitled to receive a significant financial reward for coming forward to us with their information.

From NYT.
Quote:
Medicare abuse and fraud like this costs taxpayers tens of billions of dollars every year. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, or C.M.S., estimated that in 2010, the two programs together made more than $65 billion in improper federal payments. An April 2012 study by a RAND Corporation analyst and former C.M.S. administrator estimated that fraud and abuse cost Medicare and Medicaid as much as $98 billion in 2011.

spendius

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2013 11:58 am
@cicerone imposter,
Drone theft.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2013 01:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thanks CI. I wish I could speak with more authority on the relative presence or absence of such problems up here. I will see what data I can find (my sister in law was the director of a group of hospitals here and worked in geriatrics before that, so she'll have a good working knowledge of the issues and situation).

My guess is that regulatory checks and systems down south have been either so seriously obstructed or gutted (by we all know who) that massive opportunity for fraud lays wide open. That other nations don't end up with such exorbitant costs would suggest this is the case.

But let me get back to you.
roger

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2013 02:00 pm
@blatham,
I'm not sure I'm on topic here, but old people tend to migrate to Florida, South Texas, and places like that. They attract more of a certain type of care than other locals, and that will include the crooks and opportunists.
blatham

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2013 03:04 pm
@roger,
Hi Roger
The last thing Florida and Texas need is more crooks and opportunists. It's why I left Texas, I just didn't stand out.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2013 03:57 pm
@blatham,
Here's a pretty good article on Medicare fraud - by states.

http://www.governing.com/blogs/view/gov-how-can-states-eliminate-medicaid-fraud.html
spendius

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2013 04:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Fraud will take place anywhere that money and humans are in close proximity and procedures to prevent it are not strict enough. Procedures to stop it altogether would probably stop the economy as well.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 09:12 am
http://previous.presstv.ir/photo/20121230/gholami20121230181651793.jpg
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2013 11:56 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

I get the sense that these lawmakers actually want the Budget Control Act to kick in, because across the board tax increases and spending cuts are precisely what is needed by the country in regard to the national debt, and after it happens both parties can blame the other for the intransigence that lead to its implementation.

This looks to have been prescient.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 01:01 pm
@InfraBlue,
We're faced with another fiscal cliff at the end of this month. The majority of Americans support Obama's balance between cuts and revenue, but the GOP will not negotiate anything that includes tax increases.

How and when will this stupidity end?
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 01:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

when our bankers demand more interest, only pain will cut through the disfunction in Washington, which is caused by both the R's and the D's.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 02:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

When the man on the white horse arrives.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 02:17 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:

When the man on the white horse arrives.

http://moonbattery.com/pouting_obama_unicorn.jpg

****!, wrong man.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 05:31 pm
Nah, when the economy crashes again and all the Tea Party maroons responsible for it are tarred and feathered and run out of Washington.
spendius

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 06:14 pm
@MontereyJack,
Getting a posse up are you Jack?
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 06:36 pm
@spendius,
did he say cameroons? great cookies.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 02:28 am
nope "maroons", as used by the great sage Bugs Bunny.
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 07:37 am
@MontereyJack,
Bugs Bunny is a T.E.A. Party activist.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Z4_YG1Zgmgg/TjWXrZmkuGI/AAAAAAAABsg/toWlTYJEN48/s400/bugsbunnyMinuteman.jpg
parados

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 10:37 am
@H2O MAN,
It's interesting that you would post that picture of Bugs Spurt but it shows that T.E.A party activists are about as educated as Bugs is when it comes to history.

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 10:45 am

Laughing pitiful Parasite is not an intelectual threat to any living member of the American T.E.A. Party