DrewDad

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 12:11 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Iran get's its nuclear weapons.

Unemployment climbs back up over 8%

The US credit rating drops again

I seriously consider moving to one of the three independent states being created in Honduras, as there is very little hope of a divorce between Red State America and Blue State America.

I'm going to go out on a limb, and predict that none of these happen in the next four years.

The only one I'm uncertain about is the credit rating, and the only reason I'm uncertain is that I think Republicans are crazy enough to drive the car off the cliff.
DrewDad

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 12:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
For a more likely prediction see Flashback by Dan Simmons.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/book-review-flashback-by-dan-simmons/2011/07/19/gIQA62F6lI_story.html

Bwahahaha!

I suppose you Hyperion to be prescient, as well?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 12:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Is the the 10th or the 20th time we've heard this bragging, CI?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 12:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
This was one your better say-a-lot/say-nothing posts, Finn. I'd ask you to explain but we both know that would be futile.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 06:06 pm
Just a couple weeks ago Finn was predicting ignominy for Obama supporters, and crowing about how no one had the nerve to bet him on the outcome of the election.

Immediately following the announcement of the election outcome and ever since, not a single word about how colossally wrong he was - now he's launching more bigmnouthed ill-advised predictions.

Well, we can only hope the one about leaving the country is true. But alas, he would never go far enough away that he'd be out of reach of internet forums on which to imperiously blather without ceasing.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 01:26 pm
@izzythepush,
Is that different than the UK?
Foofie

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 01:28 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Iran get's its nuclear weapons.

Unemployment climbs back up over 8%

The US credit rating drops again

I seriously consider moving to one of the three independent states being created in Honduras, as there is very little hope of a divorce between Red State America and Blue State America.

I'm going to go out on a limb, and predict that none of these happen in the next four years.

The only one I'm uncertain about is the credit rating, and the only reason I'm uncertain is that I think Republicans are crazy enough to drive the car off the cliff.

Whatever happened to that first Obama campaign thought, by Obama, about young people serving the country in some manner?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 01:30 pm
@Foofie,
Don't you get it? How do you think Obama won the election?
Foofie

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 01:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Don't you get it? How do you think Obama won the election?

He won the election, in my opinion, based on a portion of the country wants a concerned Federal Government, and the other portion of the country wants States Rights. The demographics of the two constituencies are changing, so something will change, since the country cannot just be a one-party democracy.
JTT

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 01:46 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
since the country cannot just be a one-party democracy.

It is right now, Foof, but it`s silly to refer to it as a democracy.

Who got in, Tweedledum or Tweedledee(question mark)
Foofie

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 01:50 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
since the country cannot just be a one-party democracy.

It is right now, Foof, but it`s silly to refer to it as a democracy.

Who got in, Tweedledum or Tweedledee(question mark)

Perhaps, a more nuanced metaphor would be "good cop/bad cop, both working for the same precinct." However, I still care for my country, since Czarist Russia/Soviet Union would have been my alternative, if my grandparents didn't come here. So, regardless of the blemishes, I choose not to be an ingrate. Simply put, I mind my business, and show gratitude for being here.
Joe Nation

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 01:50 pm
@Foofie,
And have you noticed two things, Foofie?

1)The States whose citizens purportedly want less Federal Government involved in their States receive more than twice as much Federal aid money than their bluer compatriots.

2) The governors who are opposed to Obamacare and are refusing to set up State-run Insurance Exchanges are forcing that same hated/disliked Federal Government into setting up the Exchanges in their State, thereby increasing the influence of the Federal Government in those States.

All those Governors are proving is that they don't know how to govern.

Joe(oh, the irony)Nation
Foofie

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 02:01 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

And have you noticed two things, Foofie?

1)The States whose citizens purportedly want less Federal Government involved in their States receive more than twice as much Federal aid money than their bluer compatriots.

2) The governors who are opposed to Obamacare and are refusing to set up State-run Insurance Exchanges are forcing that same hated/disliked Federal Government into setting up the Exchanges in their State, thereby increasing the influence of the Federal Government in those States.

All those Governors are proving is that they don't know how to govern.

Joe(oh, the irony)Nation

So, when did politics include gratitude?

Regardless, the more things change, the more they stay the same, as the saying goes. In effect, an argument can be made that the Civil War was over States Rights, and here we are over 150 years later still seeing the country split over States Rights. And, it might not change, since the demographics of the country, outside the South, is more Blue, in that they prefer, in my opinion, a strong central Federal government that can insure equality. While many of those that tend towards the older social mores wants States Rights.

It is just sad that Foofie won't be here to see how the odyssey evolves in the 22nd century.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 02:03 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie, You do know how to skirt what's being said; it's not about "gratitude." It's about hypocrisy.
JTT

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 02:09 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
So, regardless of the blemishes, I choose not to be an ingrate. Simply put, I mind my business, and show gratitude for being here.

War crimes and terrorism are not "blemishes", Foofie. You aren't showing gratitude, you are showing cowering subservience. You are showing yourself to be a cowardly, craven individual. Are you also in the habit of giving blow jobs to the neighborhood street gangs?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 02:13 pm
@Foofie,
Yes Foofie, Honduras and the UK are very different.

The fact that you needed to ask does not surprise me. Your knowledge of the world begins and ends at Manhattan island.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 02:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
It's about hypocrisy.

That's gotta be a required subject in school, CI, because y'all are experts at it.

Funny though, how y'all missed it on history, English grammar, geography, ... .
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 08:26 pm
@JTT,
Hey,
Do you think everyone on A2K except you is a hypocrite?

Do you think you are the only one who has morals and a conscience?

Are you going to answer these two questions by saying that I am just avoiding "the truth"?
JTT

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 08:37 pm
@snood,
And a big hey hey to you, Snood.

Quote:
Do you think everyone on A2K except you is a hypocrite?

Of course not, Snood. Check with Frank to see if this is hyperbole.

Quote:
Do you think you are the only one who has morals and a conscience?

Nope. Check with Frank to see if this is hyperbole.

Quote:
Are you going to answer these two questions by saying that I am just avoiding "the truth"?

Nope.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 08:39 pm
Snood vs JTT the battle to determine who is the greatest asshole on A2K!